Travel insurance ovarian cysts

Bettyt63

2 beautiful babies
Reaction score
Hi ladies.... Does anyone know if I need special travel insurance to go abroad? I have two ovarian cysts on my right ovary and will be having a laparoscopy in November to remove them but I am planning on going on holiday to Greece next month. Will I have to have special insurance for this???
Any advice would be great :)

I wouldn't have thought so - I have pcos & have never declared that to travel. I always have blimmin cysts!! Grrrrrr

That said - I'm pretty sure money supermarket let you search for insurance policies that include a specific medical condition. I have a significant blood disorder - my usual insurer wanted to charge me over £40 on top of my premium. On the internet I found a policy that covered me for £5. So if you want to be in the safe side & declare your cysts then it shouldn't cost you the earth - just use a price comparison website.

Oh thanks for getting back to me! I had one burst a couple of years ago and was in hospital for 3 days so just wanted to be on the safe side (there is only a small chance they will burst!)
I see you have been trying for baby no. 2 for a while now. Me too! We have been trying for almost 2.5 years :( so boring! I already have a little girl who is 3 but would love for her to have a little brother or sister :)

If you've been hospitalised it's probably worth having it on your travel insurance. Then you can forget about it and enjoy your holiday! Where are you going in Greece? We've been to Crete and loved it but haven't been back.

When is your dd's birthday? My little girl was born in February so she's three and a half. I had really wanted a sibling for her when she was turning two. I get so fed up of thinking about ttc and yet it still hurts so much with every bfn. I have to keep reminding myself that we will get there - & if it's not meant to be then I will be able to look back and know I tried everything!

Do you have to stop ttc until your laparoscopy in November or can you keep going? I'm just about to start 100mg clomid in the morning. I've done three rounds of 50mg this year already - all bfn's. Have you been on any meds?

On the bright side - having a three year old does help me forget about all of this sometimes. They're so much fun! What's your little girl into? Mine is obsessed with frozen at the moment - which I don't mind so much! Friends lo likes one direction - at 3!! :wacko:

Our little girls are so close in age, mine turned 3 in April this year. She is so much fun!!! Very cheeky! She also loves frozen, sorry I will rephrase that, obsessed is more accurate!!!

I totally understand how you feel.... I have been through so many emotions over the last 2.5 years. I've felt so frustrated and so upset, every bfn is so disappointing :(
When were you diagnosed with pcos? I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts but the endo has only recently been diagnosed. Will be having a lap in the next couple of months but I've been told that my right ovary has been completely distorted from the cysts and I could possibly lose it :( I did one round of 50mg clomid but had to come off it as it made my cysts bigger.... How did you find the side effects of clomid? What other treatment are you having and would you consider ivf???

We are hoping to go to Crete, I really love it there so fingers crossed xxx I've just sent off for my little girls passport so I just hope we get it back in time.

Yep - have a cheeky little girl here too. Just browsing Facebook and saw someone refer to their lo as a "threenager" - sounds about right lol!

I was diagnosed with pcos in 2010. I had no periods since coming off the pill in 2009 and got pregnant with dd on soy. I stopped the pill again in oct 2012 and hoped soy would work magic again but it didn't. And then I was diagnosed with a blood disorder which put things on hold for a while. In feb this year I started 50mg clomid (unmonitored) and did three rounds. I haven't had a lap & worry that this is being overlooked. I might ask about it when I next go - although I'm also so keen to just keep going. No other treatment just now although I've been offered a monitored cycle with a trigger shot if necessary so will have to wait and see if I need it.

Sorry to her about your ovary - do you know how the other one is looking? Such a shame about the clomid too - how disappointing for you. My side effects on 50mg were mild hot flushes and no cm.

It's interesting you ask about ivf - I was thinking about that today and how far I'd go. I suppose I really would give anything a shot - but weighing up the cost of ivf would be a huge factor. I've heard with one child there is no ivf on the nhs. So whilst having another child would be priceless - how much money could I plough into it at the cost of things I could be doing with the family I have? I just don't know :shrug: how about you? Is it something you would consider? Have you looked into it at all? Today was really the first time I realised I might have to go done that route in the future.

Hope you get your lo's passport back quickly. Will it be the first time you've been abroad with her? We went to menorca in May and dd loved everything about it - the flights, the weather, having undivided attention! It was fab!

Hi Katy, sorry for delay but its been my birthday and I've had quite a manic weekend!!!

That's interesting about soy, one I haven't heard of! How did that work then??
Also, are you referred to your fertility clinic or is a doctor just prescribing you with clomid??? My clinic have been great I have to say, I mean, it's a slow process waiting for appointments etc but they have been pretty good! I was very closely monitored on my round of clomid so I'm surprised that you are not. Could you not request a lap??? Or even a HCG just to make sure all is well 'down there'???

From my last scan my left ovary is looking good but they won't know anything for sure until they do the lap but I fell pregnant exactly a year ago but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks so at least I know that I can get PG, it's just proving rather difficult!

I'm not sure about IVF, we are not exactly rolling in money, I would need to take out a loan/visa card to cover the cost of ivf but I think it's more the stress of it all and the disappointment if it doesn't work.... I'm not sure,I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it :)

Yes, this will be our first holiday as a family abroad, I have travelled lots but I'm nervous about travelling with her (just the usual worries) but I'm sure she will absolutely live being on holiday :)

Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

I'm at a fertility clinic & they gave me 3 50mg rounds of clomid unmonitored. I'm doing 100mg this cycle & have a scan on cd13 - it should have been cd11 but that would be the Sunday if bank holiday weekend. Doh - stupid body!!! Really glad I'll be monitored this cycle thought - looking forward to finding out what's going on! I probably could request a lap - does it write that cycle off though?

Glad your other ovary is still looking good!

You will have a fab holiday!! The only bit that was tricky was keeping dd entertained & seated on the plane. We just took magazines, stickers & our iPad. Oh and a few sweets too! Worked a treat!

Hi Kath..... How are you??? Where are you in your cycle? Are you going for your scan soon??? Hope that you have some nice juicy follicles waiting :)
I'm CD27, strong AF type cramps so I guess she won't be long now :(
Let me know how your scan goes xx

Hi Betty - I'm cd12 and opks still all negative Have my scan at 8.30am!!! Will find out what's going on very soon!!

You're not out until the witch gets you - fx'd!!!!

Will let you know how it goes!!

Oh well good luck tmrw..... Keep me posted. I can't believe they didn't monitor you through your last clomid cycles.... How long are your cycles normally??? And are they regular??? I normally ovulate (well get all the signs for OV) around CD 16-18 but when I took clomid I got a positive opk on CD14..... Can't wait to get back on clomid after my lap!!! Wishing my life away!!! :)

I don't ovulate on my own & have very long cycles - usually broken up with provera. It's so exciting that I ovulate on clomid!!

Scan this morning showed 3 follies & a good lining so I got the trigger shot!!

They do think that 3 follies is the limit though so they want me back on 50mg next month if this one isn't successful. If they had scanned in the first cycle then they would know what was going in already. Feels a bit of a step backwards! Hopefully one I won't need to take though!

I know what you mean about wishing your life away - waiting for the next cycle seems a lifetime away sometimes doesn't it? At least you have a holiday to keep you busy! Can't be long before you go now, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->