Travel Insurance

DressageDiva

Nearly ready to pop!!
Reaction score
Hiya ladies

Hubby and I are off to Tobago in 6 weeks woo hoo:happydance: for our 5 yr wedding anniversary-so glad we have booked it, will no doubt be our last exotic holiday for a decade!!

BUT i need to get special travel insrance I belive, can anyone help me out where to look, who is good and what I should check im covered for. I will be 15 weeks preggers when we go:kiss:!!
Thank you!!

OOo enjoy!

My travel insurance is with my bank account and I rang them to inform them of my plans to travel at 20 weeks to Las Vegas and they said it was fine. I did hear that you needed special cover and now I'm wondering if I ought to take out another more specific policy!?

Good luck :flower:

XxX

As far as I am aware as long as you have a comprehensive insurance that has adiquate medical cover you should be fine, you just need to call and advise the ins co your pregnant so they can conf that they would cover you, and that your pregnancy was not known about at the time you purchased your insurance.

Also, you must not be traveling against any Dr's advice, so they must be happy you and baby are fit to travel and you might need to check with the airline what their expectant mother policy is, most airlines will take you up to 28 weeks no probs, aftre this you might need a fit to fly certificate....most airlines won't take anyone past 32 weeks either.

Just to clarify: Whether or not you knew about the pregnancy at the time of booking should NOT influence your medical cover. It doesn't in 99% of cases but do check with your insurance. The only stipulation for medical cover (including anything pregnancy related) is that there are no known issues when you leave and that you return before a certain amount of weeks before your due date (usually 4weeks, but again check with your insurance).
The one thing I have not worked out is whether you'd be covered for pregnancy related cancellation if you knew you were pregnant at the time you took out the insurance or booked the holiday. Most sources say you should be, as pregnancy is not legally a "preexisting condition" but don't take my word for it, I'm unsure about this myself.
Enjoy your holiday!

OOo enjoy!

My travel insurance is with my bank account and I rang them to inform them of my plans to travel at 20 weeks to Las Vegas and they said it was fine. I did hear that you needed special cover and now I'm wondering if I ought to take out another more specific policy!?

XxX

Hey thanks hon, ill check with my bank too

AND i am due 3rd Sep too!!! We are bump buddies:flower:

As far as I am aware as long as you have a comprehensive insurance that has adiquate medical cover you should be fine, you just need to call and advise the ins co your pregnant so they can conf that they would cover you, and that your pregnancy was not known about at the time you purchased your insurance.

Also, you must not be traveling against any Dr's advice, so they must be happy you and baby are fit to travel and you might need to check with the airline what their expectant mother policy is, most airlines will take you up to 28 weeks no probs, aftre this you might need a fit to fly certificate....most airlines won't take anyone past 32 weeks either.

Ok but I DO know im preg so not sure how that works with speaking to the insurance company?

OOo enjoy!

XxX

Woop woop!

Not got a bump buddy but would like one...or does that sound like desperado lol :flower:

XxX

Hiya ladies

Hubby and I are off to Tobago in 6 weeks woo hoo:happydance: for our 5 yr wedding anniversary-so glad we have booked it, will no doubt be our last exotic holiday for a decade!!

BUT i need to get special travel insrance I belive, can anyone help me out where to look, who is good and what I should check im covered for. I will be 15 weeks preggers when we go:kiss:!!
Thank you!!

Hi chick

We are going Long Haul in a few weeks and I have a pre exsisting medical condition as well as being pregnant - and will be about 12ish weeks.

I had various quotes but we went with a local Insurance broker who I have used before and mentioned that I was pregnant and they didnt have any problems with it.

PM chick if you would like the number and I can give you the details :hugs:

Hope you have a lovely trip :flower:

xxxxx

OOo enjoy!

XxX

Not got a bump buddy but would like one...or does that sound like desperado lol :flower:

XxX

Yeah go on bump buddies whoop whoop!!xxxx
Woop woop!

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78