Travel System Advice

sallymuffin

Reaction score
I am sooooo confused about which travel system to go for, there are so many out there. I know it's really early, but I want to start looking and see if we can decide as we've got some good money off vouchers to use.

I quite like the Maxi-cosi Mura 3, the Phil & Teds explorer and my OH likes the Quinny Buzz 3. We originally looked at the Mothercare My3 as well, but I'm not really sure ho it compares to the other 3.

What have you all got and what would your recommendations be?

I would like to get a pram body to go on it as well as a maxi-cosi car seat (these seem the most popular and best and come with really good isofix base - which my OH is really keen on as he chose a car specifically with the isofix fittings when we had to replace my little car haha).

I haven't had any of these prams you've listed but from what I've read (here and baby magazines etc) the Quinny Buzz is probably your best bet :thumbup: However, the Phil and Ted's can be converted into a double. I wish I'd bought a travel system that could be converted because my babies are close together and I've had to buy two separate prams (not including the lightweight stroller I also bought) :dohh: So if you think you may have another in just a year or two I'd go for something that can be used as both a single and a double like the Phil and Ted's (the Vibe is pretty great btw). If not, defo go with the Quinny, they're lush!! :cloud9: xx

I had a buzz but it was the older model so they might be better now than then but i didnt like it, found the back wheel base was very wide and it was a mare to fold.
The Mura is heavy and the seat size is small, back rest is very low and the bar thingy in front is a pita when trying to put a toddler in and out.

I love P&T's wouldnt be a fan of them for small babies but you could always use the peanut when baby is small. My DS2 who was 4 in Nov and is tall in age 5-6 clothes still fits in out P&T and it is lovely to push.

If you will be doing a lot of walking i would go for the P&T with peanut or what about a Bugaboo the frog can be picked up fairly cheap 2nd hand and its so light and nice to push and has proper carrycot for baby and can be used with maxi cosi cabrio and seat is 2 way facing.

We use the Quinny Buzz buggy (highly recommended), which is compatible with the Maxi-Cosi isofix car seat we have. For a younger baby it is so simple taking the seat from the isofix base in the car and just clicking it to the buggy frame and off you go.

Thw Quinny is easy to push and corner. It folds down and the wheels can be removed for extra space saving in the boot.

Stu

Anyone heard good or bad reviews on the silver cross 3d pram system? Looked in babies R us 2day and rather liked it?? X

Look into getting an extended rear facing seat and a separate pram before deciding for sure on a travel system. That is your safest, cheapest route. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->