Travel to the middle east

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
Specifically Jordan. Has anyone ever been? My OH and I are going this Sunday for 10 days. the last 2 days we are staying at a lovely resort (this one https://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/pub/hotels_resorts/worldmap/tala_bay_aqaba/welcome.cfm) so I will be able to wear my normal summer clothes there, but for the rest of the time we will be travelling around the country. I need to get appropriate clothing to wear that's not too hot! Was thinking maxi dresses that cover the shoulders but I can't seem to find any! I don't want to offend anyone but don't want to overheat
obviously as it will be 30+ degrees. Any suggestions on what I can take?

Hi

I live in the middle east but I have just come back from a week in Jordan with my friend that lives in Amman. Its not as hot as you imagine. The top temperature was 30 when I was there last week and in the evenings it got cold sometimes. In fact on some evenings it was cold enough to wear a sweatshirt. So just be prepared for the possibility of cooler nights. Its quite a relaxed country but it is good to bear in mind that it is a muslim country and some people find it offensive to see woman baring shoulders and legs etc. I would imagine that if you are in a resort it wouldn't be a problem but if you intend to do some tourist trips (see the sights etc) then you should wear a t-shirt with short sleeves and maybe some linen trousers or longish skirt. Like I say it is more relaxed Muslim country.
I would highly recommend doing some tourist trips, Dead Sea, Mt Nebo etc and the scenery is totally amazing!
You'll have a fab time and by the way the resort looks stunning!
Have fun
xx

Thanks so much,really appreciate the info. We are flying to Amman and then will travel down and eventually end up at the resorr I posted above,but only for 2 days so the rest of the time will be around the local people. Will pack some warmer things thanks for the heads up. We are planning to do a lot of the touristy things whilst there.

Thanks so much,really appreciate the info. We are flying to Amman and then will travel down and eventually end up at the resorr I posted above,but only for 2 days so the rest of the time will be around the local people. Will pack some warmer things thanks for the heads up. We are planning to do a lot of the touristy things whilst there.

It will be amazing. You'll probably only need one jumper or cardigan, just in case the evenings are cooler. The majority are ok with bare shoulders, I wore a scrappy vest one day but we didn't really go anywhere except the mall with the kids. My friend did mention that once she wore a quite tight vest tank top and just after the birth of her second son her boobs were slightly bigger than normal and men were looking at her but that's the only time. She normally wears 3/4 length trouser and vest tops. Enjoy your time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->