Travelling with young children...

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Help! Were going on our honeymoon in 10 weeks time with our children who are 3 and 1/2 and 1 (when we travel). Were going to Turkey - been to the resort/hotel before and its amazing but I'm starting to worry about taking 2 children under 4 for 2 weeks! Infact scrap that, I'm full on panicking. Please someone tell me they've taken 2 kids for 2 weeks before! Also, any reccommendations for the plane? Xx

My boys were around this age when we went to Cyprus. Traveling there and back was a nightmare, but it was me against two kids. Try and get day flights if you can. The night time back wasn't good :/
It took zane my 5 yr old a week to actually start to enjoy the holiday, so he would have loved a second week. Corey was hot and moody.
Take fans lol I had to keep buying as they would break they were gettingn used so much, cooling spray for a cheap shop is needed.
It wasn't the best experience for me as I'm a single mum and everyone else there (my sisters wedding) were too busy tanning or drinking.
If it was a family holiday and the tantrums and fun were shared, I'd have loved it.

I took zane while I was pregnant to Ibiza, he was 2 and he loved the beach. It's boring to a child sitting around sun loungers

We travel with our 3 all the time, and they are all under 3. We just make sure we are prepared with snacks, activities, juice, nappies etc. For long flights, I wrap up little gifts that they can open on the plane. Keeps them entertained for a while. I'm sure ur flights are already booked, but go for day flights if u can.
We always stick to the same routine we have at home for mornings/ bedtimes, so even though try are on holiday, they still get their PJ's on, cuddle up on the sofa, have a drink of mil, teeth and bed. We don't take them to pubs, restaurants at night as I just don't think it's fair to mess with routines like that.
We ensure they get enough sleeps, drinks, playtime etc. Basically the whole holiday is about them. We've always thoroughly enjoyed our holidays by keeping things as normal as possible for them regarding meal times, bath times, bed times and so on. Yes we compromise on what we can do in the evenings, but I'm happy to sacrifice this to ensure we all get enough sleep for the beach /pool the next day

We went to Tenerife with a 18 month old and 8 yr okd for our honeymoon last yr.

Both there and back everyone was praising us for their good behaviour...pretty sure they were thinking the worst(screaming,kicking seats etc) when we sat near them!

I planned it military style lol.

I bought colouring books, sweets, milk, water a couple if new toys, an iPad loaded with new kids apps, fully charged and a dsi.

She was fab for 5 hours plus one hour coach ride!

Enjoy your honeymoon! :)

For the plane I'd go for full on bribery. iPads if you've got them, magazines, a new interactive (but not too annoying) toy each, loads of books, snacks (save the sugary ones til closer to the end of the journey to prevent hyper-child breakdowns).

For the actual holiday just make sure they have some home comforts so they're not too unsettled. Favourite toys and blankets etc. Other than that just spoil them rotten and go all out on ice creams etc and they should be fine!

Have the most wonderful time! So jealous!

Thanks everyone, yeah we have day flights - I think thats a given with children though lol! We have an ipad but I was thinking of maybe buying a tablet that I could put films on because I'm not sure I can do it on ipad (correct me if I'm wrong about that!!) Mrs R its great to hear that you all have a great time - reassured me a lot! Emy - I could probably fit you and Rory in a suitcase but not Chris lol! We don't tend to do beach (I hate sand) or sunloungers because Rory would be bored and probably so would Florence! I am now looking forward to it again though - thankyou everyone!! xx

Ideas for the plane

Threading board (got ours off ebay £4.99)

Books

Ipad with lots of new apps

Snacks and drinks

Colouring book and crayons

Connect 4 game.

I did a 12hr+ trip to the usa with an 18m old in october!

Good luck. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"