Trichomoniasis

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Ladies please help me understand something. I had the IUD put in last month and I've had nothing but itchiness and irritation since. When I had my follow up, the strings were trimmed and I was put on a 6 day treatment for thrush just in case. Also had a swab done. I get a call from the clinic today telling me that it's Trichomoniasis and so I've got a course of antibiotics - problem solved right?? Well, kind of. From what I can understand, it's an STI but I haven't had sex with anyone but the father of my children. He's also not had sex with anyone else. This only started when I got the IUD put in. Can someone please help me understand this because I've got to somehow tell him he's going to need antibiotics too and I don't need an argument.

I'm pretty sure that it can be passed by contact through things like swimming pool water, contaminated towels, even a hand. Most commonly is transmitted sexually but that's not the only way!

It's most often transmitted sexually. There have been a few cases where it wasn't but the cause was still from someone in the family or home (sharing bath towels with infected mother, sharing bath water with siblings and close friends/relations) so I guess it's down to whether there's anyone else you share household items like towels with that you could have caught it from other than your husband. If you think it could have been transmitted during coil implantation that is a major public health issue as all that equipment is packed sterile and practitioners wear gloves etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->