Tried my Doppler !

mummof1

Reaction score
I think I may have found baby's heart , I found mine around 74 a couple times but then really really low I found a rate at 135 went down to 120 and back up a bit then I lost it !
It couldn't have been mine that high , could I have detected it this early though ?

That was likely your hb. There are a couple arteries on either side of your pelvis that will read around 120 and go up a bit if you're moving it around. It's doubtful that you would be able to hear it this early on doppler. I tried mine the other day and got a reading of 150 for a few seconds, but I am pretty sure it was just a fluke.

I think that may have been it in my opinion. I've read and seen on youtube girls get it in the 7th week. Your heart rate would not have been 135 unless you were jogging. And I definitely found it on my doppler at 9 weeks last time. I think different dopplers have different sensitivity.

Some folks do!! I think the earliest I was ever able to find a heartbeat from one of my babies was 10 1/2 weeks. This time, we didnt find it till 11w1d. It is 170, confirmed on ultrasound the next day.

Hmmm interesting ! It's just fun to try , I probably won't have an ultrasound until 12 weeks!

My doppler from last time round wasn't any good at the numbers, so we went purely on sound. Last time we found DS's heartbeat at 9 weeks after, so we'll likely try from 7 weeks especially as we'll have more of a clue of where it'll be found :)

I found my son's with ease the day I got my Doppler at 8w6d so I'm sure it could have been found sooner had I tried! I will be trying it as soo n as my uterus pops up this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->