Trigger shot side effects? *hpt pics added* pg5*tweakers welcome

Mommyagain

Expecting 2nd son!
Reaction score
I got a hcg trigger shot Monday at about noon. (1 follie in left ovary) By three I could feel painful twinges in that ovary. Not sure when I have ovulated after that. Last night (Tuesday night) I awoke about midnight and was having stomach pain and nausea the rest of the night. Is this a side effect of the trigger, ovulation, a fluke? I have been tired the past two days since the shot.

I am to start progesterone suppositories at the end of the week.

I remember last month the day after my tigger shot I had sharp pains on both my sides and when I went in for my IUI the FS asked if I had got O pains and I told her and she said it was a good sign unfortunately i got a BFN.
This month no pain after trigger shot so not sure if thats a good sign :(

I have been super bloated both times after trigger not sure if its the trigger or the progesterone suppositories or a little of both....Also a bit gassy this month lol

i think that may have been O pain... the trigger usually causes me to feel bloated

Was your trigger Ovidrel? That's the one I use and since it's shooting so much hcg into your system, it's totally normal to get Loads of pg symptoms. In addition, it makes my O pain MUCH stronger. For me, it's actually borderline painful! I'm sure what you're experiencing is totally normal...That's a big dose of pregnancy hormone you injected - so don't worry;)

I took Ovidrel both month Oct & Nov
Oct got lots of O pains really strong ones
Nov nothing

How can you tell if its O pain. First month on pregnyl shot as similar to Ovidrel.

How come no BFP on hcg triggers???Any one sucess in hcg shot?

Hello, I just read this post and wanted to say I always feel awful after my trigger shot - not straight away - but about a day or 2 later when it kicks in. It does contain the pregnancy hormone so its normal that you should have symptons similar to pregnancy. I had to go and buy maternity bra's as my boobs were so sore I couldn't move. I also got bloated, incredibly over tired and had ovulationa/stomach cramps too. If you get a fever or are actually physically sick you should call the doctor/hospital but otherwise I think they are relatively normal symptons unfortunately. Eat some cake and put your feet up! :)

Lol. Its weird poas and getting a bfp and knowing there is no bun in the oven. Ive had a few pregnancy symptoms from the shot and my boobs are soooo sore. Oh my goodness...it feels like an eternity before testing.

Hello Ladies - I got my trigger shot today and thank you for your thread, I now know what to expect. We were asked to babydance on Monday (tomorrow) and Tuesday ... 2 days in a row. What was your babydance schedule after your trigger shot?

Hi MrsCompas,

I was told to baby dance 2 days in a row before the shot and on that day of the trigger shot.

We were told to bd the night we triggered and the following two nights. Happy baby dancing girl! Lol!

I took my first opk and hpt on trigger day (11/28). My opk was blazing positive and my hpt had a good line. Well I tested today and my opk was almost positive and my hpt was the same as trigger day...maybe even a tad darker. Shouldnt the line be getting lighter? Kind of confusing. I have pics but they wont load. Grrrr....

We were told not to babydance on the day/night of our trigger shot. But anytime the following day and the day after ...

Hhhhmmm ... i'm afraid we might miss the eggie. Oh noooooo ...

I see in your signature that your dh sa was low. My dh sa was normal so they said we could bd every 24 hours. I would say that is why you were told to wait a bit... to get it closer to ovulation! ;-)

That would make sense .. Thanks Mommyagain! I feel better :)

I showed my hubby my hpts and asked him which one was darker or if they were the same. He said that todays was a tad darker than trigger days.... So Im not crazy! So why is my test not lighter. I am going to test in the morning. I am going nuts! I thought that this mornings test would be a good guide for testing later in the week but its causing me a lot of anxiety.

My hpts this morning was even darker than yesterday. Whatsoever going on!

https://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/BabyMax2/2011-12-06095323.jpg
hpts from 11/28, 12/5, 12/6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back