trip to doctors

claireyfairy

Mum to 1 pregnant with#2
Reaction score
I am due my smear test tommorrow-the joy! Am just wondering if I am likely to get a telling off! Have you all been to see your doctor before ttc.

My OH just wants to just see whats happens so we are not doing the whole opk or temp thing. Also I have bought folic acid to stat taking and it says on the bottle to see your gp before taking.

I didn't see my doctor before starting TTC. I did however have a private medical which my firm pays for and I told her and she literally just printed off some info for me and said that I should start taking folic acid straight away. I don't think you'll be told off xxx

I didn't see my doctor - I just went and had a chat with the pharmacist, and he gave me folic acid.
However, I was looking on my GP's website, and it said that after coming off the pill, you should use condoms for 3 months until your cycle gets back to normal... That's not right, is it? Surely there's a chance you may still get pregnant before your cycle has completely sorted itself out? I thought it was a bit weird.

I haven't been to see the doctor - can't imagine that you'll get told off (I hope not cos I will too)

The folic acid is a must from what I can see (must remember to take when I get home, forgot this morning)

As for the condom thing, I think they say that so you can more accurately predict cycles, nothing wrong with trying before that, lots of people on here have had BFP on months 1-3 after BCP, lots that haven't as well but everyone is different x

I believe folic acid might help also becuase i came off the pill in Sept and starting taking folic acid and by Feb i was pregnant! I don't know for sure if it actually helped but i got pregnant and its good to start taking before you get pregnant anyway. Good Luck

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

As far as I know folic acid doesn't help you to conceive, if it did I would be pg by now as I've been taking 5mg a day since August!! It's to help prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Most women only need to take 400 micrograms (0.4mg) a day to do the trick. I'm on a higher dose because I am diabetic.

Some more info: https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000504/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->