Trip to early pregnancy unit- need some advice/ help/ support please....

aevenstar

Mummy to Eleanor & Bean!
Reaction score
Well, after having some bleeding yesterday morning (pinky/brown rather than fresh red at least) and being crampy on and off since I found out I'm pregnant 2 and 1/.2 weeks ago, I rang my docs who sent me to the early pregnancy unit this morning.

They've done a scan which showed a possible sac but no yolk sac or fetal pole - 'normal' for about 5 weeks. Whichever way I look at it, I can't see me being any less than 6 weeks pregnant due to dates etc. Which means that the scan result is not good. They've then done a beta HCG as well which has come back at 15416 - to be repeated Thursday to see if it's doubling or not. And the doctor said that above 2000 they would expect to see something in the sac, so again, not a good result at this stage.

Would appreciate hearing anyone else's experiences/ thoughts/ suggestions...

Thanks

Rachel x

I dont know anything about this sorry but u are in my prayers hope everything works out for u xxx

Sorry hun - haven't got any advice for you, but didn't want to read and run. We only saw a sac at 5wks when I thought I should be 6wks and 2 weeks later saw a hb so try to stay positive :hugs: Thinking of you :hug:

i too only saw the sack at 5 wks 2 days when i should of bin 6 weeks xx

Good luck! Stay positive since it sounds like other have had similiar experiences. Relax as much as possible, that is the best thing for you right now!

I agree hun - do try and stay positive. Let us know how you get on on Thursday :hugs:

Sorry to hear your news Rachel, sounds very stressful. hope thursday comes quick and tell us how it goes xxx

Thinking of you and hoping everything works out ok x

My levels at 6.5 weeks with my last daughter was extremely high.. They were over 15k.. I think 16.700 I am not too sure but it was around that. All we saw was a possible yolk sac. The ultrasound said I measured 5 weeks and they said either my dates were wrong or its pending m/c. I went home got a call from my doc who freraked on why my hcg results were super high. We thought a vanishing twin at my next ultrasound. All was well though and baby was fine. She caught up with her dates and my original dates fromt he start were correct so yes a machine can be off a week or so or you could have ovulated later. My daughter will be 2 in december. As for high hcg and an empty sac it could be a possible ectopic. Which they ruled out for me. HUgs

thanks girls - is so hard to think of anything else!

I've done some digging online and found women in similar situations to this who have then been fine and it's just taken their baby a little longer to develop.

It's so hard though - we've tried for so long, and been through so many tests and procedures to get here that I don't know how I would cope if this isn't going to happen for us.

Just have to keep praying this ends well.

Rachel x

Hun im sorry ive know ideas but i wanted to send hugs and prayers and i hope everything's ok Thursday xxxx

yeah bleeding may have been implantation and ur dates r a wee bit off. good luck for thurs xx

Are you 100% sure you ov'd when you thought you did? Perhaps it was a lot later? I'm sure you have probably though about this!
Good luck for Thursday and I hope you stay calm (ish) whilst in these couple of days of limbo
:hug:

hope all goes well on thurs hun...loads of :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I had pains and bleeding at what I thought was 6 weeks, but a scan showed I was only 5 weeks. My scan was the same, no fetal pole or anything.

It was such a shock to see my 8 week scan and how much it had changed!!

Good luck hun, You're in my prayers xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->