Triple Test Question!!

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'm a little early in posting as I won't be joining you all in 2nd tri until next wednesday!!! So HI first of all!! And I have a wee question... so this triple test business... I got a leaflet about it in the post and I am having it on 7th Sep (day before my b/day!) and the leaflet went into a lot of detail about what it is for and what they look for etc, but it didnt actually say what it involves!! Is it a blood test? They dont stick a big needle in my tummy do they? And it usually takes about 15/20 mins of poking around for them to get blood from my arm anyway (ouchie!) could someone clear this up for me pleeeeeeeeeease? :flower:

It's a regular blood test I believe no ouchies in the tummy just the arm lol. xxx

Yep just a blood test to start.

The horrible needle in the belly is only if your blood results come back "high risk" which is pretty unlikely in most people :)

See you in second tri soon xx

thanks for clearing that up ladies!!! i will see you all here soon! *trots off back to 1st Tri*

Yep just a blood test, I was told If I got a phone call within the two weeks after the test i would be offered further tests due to being high risk but if I heard nothing to asume all was ok x

Yep just a blood test, I was told If I got a phone call within the two weeks after the test i would be offered further tests due to being high risk but if I heard nothing to asume all was ok x

My, aren't they lazy?! :laugh2:

I got a letter that said that my test showed a 'low risk' for Down's, Edward's, and SB, and that I didn't need to do anything further.

The letter also listed out how far along I was on the date of the blood draw and my weight at time of the draw - and it said that these are important factors in determining the result, so if anything was incorrect (ie, my weight) I should contact them.

its just a blood test, they take blood and u get results in 2weeks or so :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->