Triple Test Question!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by NuKe, Aug 20, 2009.

1. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

Hi Ladies, I'm a little early in posting as I won't be joining you all in 2nd tri until next wednesday!!! So HI first of all!! And I have a wee question... so this triple test business... I got a leaflet about it in the post and I am having it on 7th Sep (day before my b/day!) and the leaflet went into a lot of detail about what it is for and what they look for etc, but it didnt actually say what it involves!! Is it a blood test? They dont stick a big needle in my tummy do they? And it usually takes about 15/20 mins of poking around for them to get blood from my arm anyway (ouchie!) could someone clear this up for me pleeeeeeeeeease? :flower:

2. mrskx0x0

mrskx0x0 Scarlett's Mummy

It's a regular blood test I believe no ouchies in the tummy just the arm lol. xxx

3. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

Yep just a blood test to start.

The horrible needle in the belly is only if your blood results come back "high risk" which is pretty unlikely in most people :)

See you in second tri soon xx

4. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

thanks for clearing that up ladies!!! i will see you all here soon! *trots off back to 1st Tri*

5. lottie_2007

lottie_2007 Mummy of 3!!

Yep just a blood test, I was told If I got a phone call within the two weeks after the test i would be offered further tests due to being high risk but if I heard nothing to asume all was ok x

6. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

My, aren't they lazy?! :laugh2:

I got a letter that said that my test showed a 'low risk' for Down's, Edward's, and SB, and that I didn't need to do anything further.

The letter also listed out how far along I was on the date of the blood draw and my weight at time of the draw - and it said that these are important factors in determining the result, so if anything was incorrect (ie, my weight) I should contact them.

7. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

its just a blood test, they take blood and u get results in 2weeks or so :hugs: