Trouble with Apartment Hunting and Time Off for Daddy (United States)

ZoeyKaspian

Reaction score
My fiance and I have been looking at apartments because we are low on space. We are currently living in basically an efficiency. We have me and him, 24/7, but we have our son coming in August. Not to mention, we have his son at least one weekend a month. It used to be that he saw him every weekend, but because of working at Wal*Mart, they are pretty harsh on time off, even with him explaining the situation to them. Now, he TOLD them he couldn't work past 10pm anymore because I am pregnant and they changed his availability, BUT they still asked him if he could work 3:30pm-12:30am once anyway and his scheduling manager got surprised when he said no! Anyway, his son and him are both absolutely heartbroken about not getting to see each other but once a month anymore. His son cries when it's time to go home and my fiance has meltdowns about missing him in the middle of the month. I told him to do the same thing he did with the 10pm thing. TELL them, "I can't work but every other weekend anymore." and he told me he wants to, but he's afraid of losing his job. His co-worker that works in the Photo Lab told him she TOLD them that she couldn't work weekends and they just accepted it. Does anyone have experience working at Wal*Mart and needing weekends off for child care? He is willing to settle for every other weekend, but not once a month! He has been looking for a better job, but nothing has come to him yet. We are open to taking his son on weekdays if his mom will let us come summer time, at the very least, through her work hours. Other than that, though, if she says no, which I doubt she will, we are at a loss on what to do.

The other part of the problem is with the apartments we're looking for. I am unemployed. I have tried to find jobs while pregnant, actually gotten the interviews, but not the job. All of my work experience is at home except at Wal*Mart, myself, which I quit without notice because a woman grabbed my wrist and no one did much of anything about it! However, my fiance and I have talked about me going back, as long as I work in a different department, away from her. That all being said, we need to make triple the rent to get into any apartment. I am still applying to jobs, but my fiance makes $8.50 an hour with his raise. That is a good income and we are surviving on it, but again, we have to make triple the rent of any place here. There is low income housing, but we would be on a year waiting list and have a child coming in August. My fiance's credit is poor and mine is as well. I didn't have any credit until I came up here and we started out kind of rocky, financially, but I got sick and couldn't ignore it so I went to urgent care, had them bill me, and it was an excessive amount that I couldn't pay. My question is, for those of you that have been in a similar situation, what can we do? I will be working out payment plans with regards to the credit situations, but what about triple the income if I can't find a job? Again, we can support ourselves financially on what we have, and always do. Right now, we're paying $650 a month (for basically an efficiency) and have managed quite well, but we want somewhere cheaper, yet with more space. Thank you girls for any help you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->