True Blood Season 5

Uuuugh I really don't like this season!!! :hissy:

Okay, to be fair - I do like the Tara/Pam and Fairy lines...

Spoilers!!

But really? We're back to the whole wearwolves on V thing again??? Didn't we already cover that a few seasons ago??? :dohh:

Tired of Russel Egington as well. :( Steve Newlin, etc blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Also, I'm sick to death of Lilith as well. :wacko: Tired of religion being used as some sort of story line etc... there are so many books to draw inspiration from. I don't think we need to go back to previous seasons. :blush:

Just my 2.5 cents. :haha:

Uuuugh I really don't like this season!!! :hissy:

Okay, to be fair - I do like the Tara/Pam and Fairy lines...

Spoilers!!

But really? We're back to the whole wearwolves on V thing again??? Didn't we already cover that a few seasons ago??? :dohh:

Tired of Russel Egington as well. :( Steve Newlin, etc blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Also, I'm sick to death of Lilith as well. :wacko: Tired of religion being used as some sort of story line etc... there are so many books to draw inspiration from. I don't think we need to go back to previous seasons. :blush:

Just my 2.5 cents. :haha:
I agree, the way they are going they arnt going to ne able to use any future storylines from the books.
Although the 5th book was pretty boring so they have to fill it somehow

They're barely following the books as it is though. :neutral:

Which is okay, I love Tara and Lafayette's characters and had they gone the routes of the books they wouldn't be as kick ass as they are.

And for the love of pete, do NOT get me started on the whole Terry/Ifrit storyline. :hissy:

Late to this thread. I have been enjoying this season more than last.
Thoughts so far.
I still don't think Alexander Skarsgard is a great casting choice for Eric. He feels like more of a boy than a big dangerous warrior man. I know I'm in the minority, but he doesn't really do it for me in that role. He's a great actor, but it's just not working for me. :shrug:
However, I DO love Russell Edgington and I think his storyline is one of my favourites. I like the Tara/Pam thing, too.
Terry Bellefleur and Ifrit? Yawn. I think they threw that in to make sure that the sassy and wonderful Lafayette had more to do.
I have read all the Sookie books and think they are pretty trashy. I enjoyed the first few, and then I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened next, but I think Charlaine Harris has been phoning it in for a good long while now. Deadlocked was just a mess. A boring, sloppy mess.
I doubt HBO will put out 13 seasons of True Blood (apparently they have never gone over 6 seasons for any show? My husband told me that. :shrug:). So I don't think there will be any problems with the writers taking huge liberties (and massive improvements for the most part) with Harris' "Sookieverse". I feel like they are already working towards a finale season, personally.
I'm pretty sure that Bill isn't really evil, but he is very dashing when he is so.:winkwink:

are you crazy? you dont like alexander skarsgard as eric? im pretty sure youre in the minority on that one! hes fab! and when he gets mad, he certainly is a viking warrior! :)

I know! :rofl:
Everyone is a big fan of him as Eric.
:grr: :nope: :haha:
Me... not so much. :shrug: :)
He's way too clean cut and boyish-looking.
Charlaine Harris said that she wrote Eric with this guy in mind:
https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn...1DFS1T_-y59_plT21YklNgBAlYtDZIpvkGQwYPYtj7ZKQ

He was the Viking leader from Thirteenth Warrior.

yuck! that guy is kinda ummmmm, if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all! is he even scandinavian in real life? alexander skarsgard is, and fits the part to a tea, in my opinion:) (i guess i like pretty boys, as jason does it for me as well! i like muscles but not BIG muscles!)
ps: i live in alberta as well:)

Haha! Well, chacun son gout said the old lady as she kissed the cow, eh?
I believe the other guy is Russian.
I lived in Sweden for a year and developed an appreciation for the Viking physique. Don't get me wrong! I don't think Skarsgard is ugly or a bad actor or anything like that. He just is not rugged and dangerous enough for me as Eric. I find him way too clean cut. He's muscle-y enough, just not .... something.
Whereabouts in AB, by the way? I'm in Calgary.

my husbands danish, and him and his family are on the small side. there are tall ones, but they all have the same body type as alexander skarsgard, my husband included, which is probably why i like him!
i live in lethbridge. we were just in calgary on thursday at the zoo!:)

Definitely an Eric fan :munch:

Not so much a Bill fan though. I think my only fave part about him was in Season 2 (?) where him and Sookie had broken up and she was lamenting about it saying that she just wanted to hear him say "Sook-eh" one last time. :haha: And mimiced his voice perfectly. :rofl:

Definitely an Eric fan :munch:

Not so much a Bill fan though. I think my only fave part about him was in Season 2 (?) where him and Sookie had broken up and she was lamenting about it saying that she just wanted to hear him say "Sook-eh" one last time. :haha: And mimiced his voice perfectly. :rofl:

That was one of the funniest moments of the entire series. Ever. :rofl:

Eric is way more interesting in the books, but not so much in the show. I think he and Sookie have zero chemistry, whereas Bill and Sookie .... well, those two have :baby: on the way. 'Nuff said? :winkwink:

my husbands danish, and him and his family are on the small side. there are tall ones, but they all have the same body type as alexander skarsgard, my husband included, which is probably why i like him!

Hey! I work at the Zoo. I'm very part-time right now, but you can see me on grounds sometimes, getting all nerdy and enthusiastic about various animals! :)

The tall Danes/Norwegians/Swedes were my favourites, although I enjoyed the whole smorgasbord while I was there. :smug: Scandinavian men are generally a lot slimmer and shorter than one would expect from Viking stock, eh? There are the big, strapping lads, but most were average height and slimmer builds. Not scrawny, though.
Okay, I should stop now. Am going to incriminate myself if I get any more descriptive.... :haha:

Hey! I work at the Zoo. I'm very part-time right now, but you can see me on grounds sometimes, getting all nerdy and enthusiastic about various animals! :)

The tall Danes/Norwegians/Swedes were my favourites, although I enjoyed the whole smorgasbord while I was there. :smug: Scandinavian men are generally a lot slimmer and shorter than one would expect from Viking stock, eh? There are the big, strapping lads, but most were average height and slimmer builds. Not scrawny, though.
Okay, I should stop now. Am going to incriminate myself if I get any more descriptive.... :haha:

thats awesome! what do you do there?
and i have to disagree with you there again! i think eric and sookie have soooo much chemistry! i think their love scenes are super steamy! i miss them, oh and i could just ravage eric!:)

:hi:
Love your profile pic!

Wow this there's a huge difference there. I have to read these books! :)

I know! :rofl:
Everyone is a big fan of him as Eric.
:grr: :nope: :haha:
Me... not so much. :shrug: :)
He's way too clean cut and boyish-looking.
Charlaine Harris said that she wrote Eric with this guy in mind:
https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn...1DFS1T_-y59_plT21YklNgBAlYtDZIpvkGQwYPYtj7ZKQ

I haven't been watching because nothing interesting to me right now. I'm going to try to catch up soon because I believe in this series. I think I'm going to start the books asap. I heard they are quick reads.

meli - I work on grounds as a naturalist. :)

regalpeas - I'm not sure I would bother. They have been my guilty pleasure, but the last few have actually made me mad. That's how crappy they were! :rofl:
Actually, go for it. I would say that the first 8 at least were just fun.

lol yeah I am a huge Bill and Sookie fan so I think I am longing for the beginning of the storyline again. I've heard the books have gotten bad. Last I've heard, which was probably a book or two ago, she and Bill hadn't gotten back together with Bill. :(

tonight was great! ohhhh, and ive been waiting for another eric sex scene, though it wasnt as hot as it nirmally is!:)

Charlane Harris is more of an Eric/Sookie fan, rather than a Bill/Sookie fan. So majority of the books deal with Sookie and Eric.

They are fun reads, the last two didn't really do much for me other than make me go :huh: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->