Trying after our wedding...i am 34. To old?

KirstyAnn07

Reaction score
So, we are getting married on 17th June, and are hoping to start trying after the wedding.
We were considering waiting until the end of the year, but as i will be 35 in august, i am worried I have left it to late. I have no children yet, so this would be my first.
I read up about having a baby at 35+ and it has really got me worried now with everthing that has a higher chance of happening. Are there any other older first time mums to be?

I'm 33 this year and will be trying for my 2nd...I don't think you're too old at all! That's quite a normal age to start trying where i live!

Not too old at all :) long as overall you're generally healthy shouldn't be a problem
I'm 31 and we will be trying for our second in August

Although I must admit I did feel like one of the older ones sometimes at appointments as so many appeared to look between 18-25

Well if that's old, then I'm ancient. Nope, definitely not too old! I'll be 37 at the youngest when I have my 2nd. I was 32 when I had my first and chose to wait this long to have another. I did have a miscarriage with my second pregnancy, but they're so common (1 in 4 pregnancies) and just one of those things that happens to most women who have multiple pregnancies. But I got pregnant easily both times with no other issues, and just found out I'm pregnant again (1st month, baby #2, 3rd pregnancy). If now is the time, then it's the best time for you and I'd feel really positive about it all.

No, that's a pretty common age actually. My mother was 36 and 39 when she had her babies. She did find the pregnancies tougher than her younger sister at the same time, but she still managed just fine.

I'm only 29, but we would like to have a few kids so I fully plan to be having babies in my mid or possibly even late 30s.

Thankyou for all your replies. It has put my mind at ease.
9 days until i stop taking my pill. Eeeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->