trying again... when?

jenny873

Reaction score
well been thinkn of having another baby, but booked a holiday for september next year so would be after then. by october next year lilly will be 20 months so by the time i had 2nd baby she would be atleast 2 and a half. is this a good age gap? dont want to leave it too long.
part of me thinks dont have anymore becuase i cant imagine loving another baby like i love lilly but everybody probably feels like this when they have another.
i always think imagine if i had twins 2nd time rond n ended up with 3 as my dad and OH's dad r both twins! i suppose money also comes into thought aswell but i suppose thats another worry everybody has!
also i like in a 2 up 2 down n i love my house and wouldnt want to move and if i had a boy or more than one id have to move, which would be fine but id want to buy and morgage rates r sooo high! i sound like im talking meself out of it but i suppose ive got a long time to think about it!
xxx

Hi ... can I just say that reading all your worries just made me smile! I feel like you must be a little bit like me .... I think too much of the future too! but what can we do ....thats how we are:friends:
One of the reasons it has taken me so long to decide ttc (almost 5 years) is for similar reasons...and feelings ... I am not gonna get in to all that but my opinion is have a baby when ever you feel ready . I have the same fear how do you share your love? I kinda feel that I will never love an other baby the way I love my little georgie too...but every mom I have talked to told me that I will!!!!! They must be right ...right?:shrug: I believe that the best time to think for a second baby is when at least the potty training is out of the way ....but that is just me cz it was kind of a hard period for me... I wonder what everyone else thinks about this..... when is the best time to have a second? ....so the mommy doesn't go too crazy:roll:

I can't give any input from a mum's point of view but i can from a siblings point of view. There was a 2 and a bit year age gap between me and my sister and i personally think that was a really good gap. Me and my sister get on really really well. Like friends you would choose but even closer :)

I also think all your other worries are things that everyone thinks of before they have more children. Housewise, the market is very unpredictable at the minute and by the time your 2nd LO is here things may have stabilised. Also, i'm not sure how true it is but i've always been told that twins always skip a generation so according to that you'd be more likely to have twins if your grandparents rather than parents were twins. Hope that makes sense xxx

yeah but it would be me if it skips generations
my nan had twins (which is my dad)
my dad never had twins (just me and my sister)
i could have twins

or look at it like this

me dad was a twin
i wasnt
my kids could be twins
lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member