Trying Clomid and IUI in January and Excited and Nervous. Anyone else?

dojenstein

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I know there are some other threads on here about hormones and IUI but I thought I wanted to start one because I'm majorly freaked out and nervous. Don't get me wrong. I'm also excited. But I thought I would find some other people in the same boat and new to the journey that want some support, experience and encouragement as they enter this new phase of "assisted conception". I never thought I'd be here. But now that I am I need the support of others more than ever. I talk to my DF but he really can't relate. He jerks off in a cup and I have to be poked, prodded and have metal things shoved up my insides oh, and hormones. I just don't think they can relate. Anyway. I'm looking for people who just want to support, learn and encourage eachother through this next phase of TTC. All are welcome!

Yes! I will start femera (like clomid) on monday. Iui on the Jan 30. What about yours? What meds will you be taking? I'm pretty nervous and excited too!

Yes! I will start femera (like clomid) on monday. Iui on the Jan 30. What about yours? What meds will you be taking? I'm pretty nervous and excited too!

Hi Waiting! I'm so confused on this timeline thing. I'm supposed to start Clomid on day 3 of AF but (of course) for the first time in like forever she's 2 days late. And I wish that meant I was PG but today I got a BFN on a Wondfo. But I hate Wondfos so I brought a FRER to work (I'm such a dork).

If AF is gonna come I just want her here already so I can get this process started already. The waiting is making me so anxious.

I know I was praying for it to come this morning because I knew I wasn't pregnant because temp was falling. Haha I tried having sex! Suppose to help bring it on. I also will start femera day 3 if when I call doctor my time line works out for iui. Will you be doing a trigger shot?

Hey ladies!! I too am starting IUI and Clomid this cycle and am super nervous and excited at the same time! AF Arrived today so on Monday I will go in for my US, Bloodwork and to get the script for Clomid.

dojenstein the same thing happened to me!! AF was 3 days late so I also got FRERS lol!

Waiting, yes I'll be doing an Ovidrel trigger shot. I still don't get how this whole process works. I guess they trigger you and then you come in the next day or so for the IUI. Eeeks. You?

Hi Jennifer. I'm about to be three days late. How did you get through the those BFN's? Tomorrow I'll be 3 days late. I'm actually having some wine tonight to relax me and see if that brings on AF (sometimes it does).

I'm bummed because this delay in AF is pushing my whole timeline back. I really just want to get started. Everyone thinks I'm late because I'm stressing myself out. Ugh.

Waiting, yes I'll be doing an Ovidrel trigger shot. I still don't get how this whole process works. I guess they trigger you and then you come in the next day or so for the IUI. Eeeks. You?

Hi Jennifer. I'm about to be three days late. How did you get through the those BFN's? Tomorrow I'll be 3 days late. I'm actually having some wine tonight to relax me and see if that brings on AF (sometimes it does).

I'm bummed because this delay in AF is pushing my whole timeline back. I really just want to get started. Everyone thinks I'm late because I'm stressing myself out. Ugh.

ugh girl I was 3 days late too! It's funny because I was so irritated and stressed I drank almost a whole bottle of wine the other day..bad girl, I know! I know how you feel about the delay and pushing your time line back because of it. All I wanted was to get AF so we can finally do this and she was late, go figure!

I usually get in a huge funk when I see negative tests but this time was slightly different because I knew if AF came then i'd be able to get an IUI this cycle.

I wish I could sleep til Monday because this IUI is all i'm thinking about.

dojenstein just drink a lot of wine and do a bunch of jumping jacks lol maybe that will make her come!

Jennifer - thank you so much for actually cracking me up - wine and jumping jacks...love it.

I totalllllly feel you on the IUI obsession. It's all I can think about too. I made this calendar (mostly to see when I needed to tell work I needed off) and this late AF business is throwing off my whole calendar. Of course, the one time I'm ready for her and the bitch doesn't show. Of course.

I guess I'll be doing yet ANOTHER test tomorrow. It totally gets me in a funk watching that dye run across the screen for one line. I'm like the most impatient person on the planet so this limbo is driving me mad.

Are you doing hormones and trigger shots with the IUI?

Jennifer - thank you so much for actually cracking me up - wine and jumping jacks...love it.

I totalllllly feel you on the IUI obsession. It's all I can think about too. I made this calendar (mostly to see when I needed to tell work I needed off) and this late AF business is throwing off my whole calendar. Of course, the one time I'm ready for her and the bitch doesn't show. Of course.

I guess I'll be doing yet ANOTHER test tomorrow. It totally gets me in a funk watching that dye run across the screen for one line. I'm like the most impatient person on the planet so this limbo is driving me mad.

You'll have to keep me posted about the test! But even if it is negative just keep that IUI on your mind! How many cycles did you decide on If god forbid this cycle doesn't work?

We decided to just use clomid and a trigger shot this cycle. If it doesn't work then I opted to start injectables.

Are you starting out with the clomid and trigger shots as well? Have you taken clomid before?

You'll have to keep me posted about the test! But even if it is negative just keep that IUI on your mind! How many cycles did you decide on If god forbid this cycle doesn't work?

We decided to just use clomid and a trigger shot this cycle. If it doesn't work then I opted to start injectables.

Are you starting out with the clomid and trigger shots as well? Have you taken clomid before?

We're slated to do 3 cycles of IUI. I'm almost 41 and DF is 44 (with one child already) so time isn't on our side. The RE wanted us to do IVF right away but thought we should do the three standard cycles of IUI.

I'll be on 100mg of Clomid for 5 days (if AF comes...grrr...) and will do an Ovidrel trigger shot.

If the three cycles don't work (ugh) then we're onto IVF. The worst thing was when my RE was giving me a baseline ultrasound he actually asked me if I would consider adoption. I'm adopted so it's not like I have anything against adoption but I thought that was so pessimistic of him to say before we've even started assisted fertility. And DF's sperm tested great and I have zero issues too. I was like, way to be optomistic doc.

What an awful thing to tell someone!! Did you ask why he would say such a thing? I really hope this is the one and only IUI procedure you will need and that you get your baby soon <3

have you ever taken clomid before? this will be my first time for that as well! I've been seeing an RE for a year and a half but I had uterin abnormalities so I never got to TTC. All of this is so new to me

I know, right what an awful thing to say to someone just starting infertility treatments. And like I said aside from our age we both have good stats. I call him Dr. Frozen Turkey since he has the personality of one.

So AF arrived today (3 freaking days late thank you) but I'm sorta relieved she's here so I begin this process already. I start Clomid on Tuesday. Eeeks. I heard it can give you hot flashes and blurry vision, fun times. I've never taken it before. And I'll be on a higher dose so I hope I tolerate it well.

Wen do you start the Clomid?

Yes. From what I understand you give trigger shot at night then next day iui!! What Day will you be having yours?

Yes. From what I understand you give trigger shot at night then next day iui!! What Day will you be having yours?

So I'll be on Clomid CD3 - CD7 and I have a short LP so I think I'll go in for a scan between CD10 - CD12 (which is the 27th - 29th) and do the trigger shot and IUI all around that time too. I'll have to call the RE tomorrow and tell them AF started and see when they want to set things up for. So annoying not to know all these dates.

And my birthday is next Sunday...I was really hoping for BFP by then. But at least I can have my glass of champagne.

So I'll be on Clomid CD3 - CD7 and I have a short LP so I think I'll go in for a scan between CD10 - CD12 (which is the 27th - 29th) and do the trigger shot and IUI all around that time too. I'll have to call the RE tomorrow and tell them AF started and see when they want to set things up for. So annoying not to know all these dates.

And my birthday is next Sunday...I was really hoping for BFP by then. But at least I can have my glass of champagne.

It was my jumping jacks and wine idea that brought her right, right?! lol

I am soo beyond happy AF finally came for you! It looks like we are going to be cycle buddies this month too. I will also start clomid on cd 3 which is tomorrow...woohoo lets get this party started!

Yes! I start Femara today ( day3) have to get my dates in order with doctor on the phone today too! Excited to get them written down

Yeah for starting meds and being cycle buddies. I start Clomid tomorrow (Tues) so you'll be a day ahead of me. I just called the dr.'s office to see if there's anything I have to schedule. I'm so confused by the timing of all these appointments.

Waiting, I just spoke to the nurse at my RE and got some clarification. This is how they explained it to me. I don't know if it's the same for you.

CD3 - they do baseline US to make sure everything's ok for you to start the fertility meds.

CD9 - they told me to start testing for O with OPK's (I O early so it may be different for you) and call them as soon as I get a positive OPK

As soon as I get a positive OPK I go in for another US to check the follies and get my stim shot. Then I think the next day they do the IUI.

I think that's the protocol for me. Not sure if yours is any different.

I hope they call you back soon.

Hey ladies!! I went in for my appointment today (CD3) and they did an ultrasound along with bloodwork and gave me my script. I started Clomid this afternoon and they want to see my back on Monday to make a "plan" on when to do IUI and to see how everything looks.

She said my lining is pretty thin at 6.5 but not to worry since it's still early. I have 7 follicles on the left ovary and 9 on the right, not really sure if that's good!

I hate taking new medication because i'm always worried i'm allergic lol..so here I am making myself think i'm itchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->