Trying for 3 years now

Newhere1122

Reaction score
Where do I start

First of all, I am so sad and exhausted. I am only 28 years old, have 1 healthy son who is 7 and we've been trying for 3 years now with zero luck. It doesnt help that my son keeps saying he wants a sibling, it just breaks my heart. I just dont get it. I got pregnant 1st try with my son, and here I am tracking my ovulation on an app, some months with OPK and still nothing. I dont even drink any alcohol or coffee at all, am not overweight, dont smoke or anything, have a textbook period/cycle, like I actually dont know what to do anymore. I've been trying every single month for 3 years! That's 36 months! I used to get sad over negative tests, now I dont even bother with tests and just wait for my period to come. I still get hopeful in the tww but not as much as before. Anyways sorry for the long rant, just sad and needed to get this off my chest.

I know how you feel its so hard :-( I've been trying just over 2 years now & have a 7 year old daughter which we conceived easily. It really breaks my heart when she asks all the time for a brother or sister!
It really gets me down, I feel so consumed by it all every month. I want to give up but I can't because I want it so much!

We have been ttc for 18 months. Dd is now 6 and constantly asks for a sibling. Sometimes I feel like shouting out I’m trying ! Some months I take it better than others. My dd was also conceived straight away so can’t see why second time round it would take so long. I’ve had usual tests with docs and looks like they may now finally refer me to hospital for further tests/meds. I’ve recently started acupuncture for fertility in hope that it will help. 5dpo today and like all previous months the tww is dragging ! New here & pamg where are you both in your cycle out of interest ?

Yup ltttc is torture. I do recommend reading it starts with the egg, think that’s what really helped me finally get my bfp, just hope this is the one that makes it xx

Red head that the 3rd time this week I’ve heard that book mentioned so I’m going to have a look at getting it ASAP

It's so hard! We tried on our own for a year before started running tests. We were first timers and 32 and 33 when we started trying. I was 34 when we finally had success with IVF. My egg quality labs indicated that of a menopausal woman! And, we discovered endometriosos which I never knew I had.

It was a long road, but my baby will be 1 in a little over a month and is such a blessing!

Where do I start

First of all, I am so sad and exhausted. I am only 28 years old, have 1 healthy son who is 7 and we've been trying for 3 years now with zero luck. It doesnt help that my son keeps saying he wants a sibling, it just breaks my heart. I just dont get it. I got pregnant 1st try with my son, and here I am tracking my ovulation on an app, some months with OPK and still nothing. I dont even drink any alcohol or coffee at all, am not overweight, dont smoke or anything, have a textbook period/cycle, like I actually dont know what to do anymore. I've been trying every single month for 3 years! That's 36 months! I used to get sad over negative tests, now I dont even bother with tests and just wait for my period to come. I still get hopeful in the tww but not as much as before. Anyways sorry for the long rant, just sad and needed to get this off my chest.

I’m so sorry and also know the sting of LTTTC. I would definitely recommend getting yourself and your spouse tested. At the very least you will know where you stand and hopefully see the light at the end of of the tunnel when you’re armed with knowledge and the the steps you need to make. I’m wishing you all the best! <3

We have been ttc for 18 months. Dd is now 6 and constantly asks for a sibling. Sometimes I feel like shouting out I’m trying ! Some months I take it better than others. My dd was also conceived straight away so can’t see why second time round it would take so long. I’ve had usual tests with docs and looks like they may now finally refer me to hospital for further tests/meds. I’ve recently started acupuncture for fertility in hope that it will help. 5dpo today and like all previous months the tww is dragging ! New here & pamg where are you both in your cycle out of interest ?

I'm currently 10dpo. I'm taking progesterone at mo to help my short luteal phase so I'll be testing Saturday morning after taking it for 12 days.

I'm also having accupuncture every week,started the middle of March. I find it really relaxing,not sure if its helping my fertility tho!
I've had tests last year & consultant reccomended ivf our best option which we can't afford! I have suspected endometriosis,blocked falopian tube & low ovarian reserve :-(

Mme I'm the same sometimes I feel like saying to my daughter when she asks for a sibling that I am trying!! Sometimes she says to me just promise me mummy you'll try when she asks for one too!! Agh! :-(
What tests have you had so far?

I'm currently 10dpo. I'm taking progesterone at mo to help my short luteal phase so I'll be testing Saturday morning after taking it for 12 days.

I'm also having accupuncture every week,started the middle of March. I find it really relaxing,not sure if its helping my fertility tho!
I've had tests last year & consultant reccomended ivf our best option which we can't afford! I have suspected endometriosis,blocked falopian tube & low ovarian reserve :-(

Mme I'm the same sometimes I feel like saying to my daughter when she asks for a sibling that I am trying!! Sometimes she says to me just promise me mummy you'll try when she asks for one too!! Agh! :-(
What tests have you had so far?

I also started acupuncture in April, had 2 sessions so far. Af due Monday so can see me starting to test tomorrow at 8dpo I can’t hold off any longer this cycle. I’ve had bloods and dh had sperm. Had a colposcopy at hospital other day and she said my cervix looks fine and that she is going to write to my gp telling them to refer me as she says there are tablets and other tests I can have done. I feel angry with my gp as it’s been 18 months and they just keep fobbing me off saying it will happen come back in 6 months. 6 months later they say come back in another 6 months. My last visit in May they said because I already have a child there is nothing more they can do without me paying for ivf, the lady who did the colposcopy didn’t seem happy when I told her this. I just need to try and get an appointment with my gp now which is a task in itself !

If you have blocked Fallopian tube have they not mentioned unblocking it ? I thought they would. Is ivf totally out of the question or are you able to save for it ?
It’s so sad that we are all going through this !

I also started acupuncture in April, had 2 sessions so far. Af due Monday so can see me starting to test tomorrow at 8dpo I can’t hold off any longer this cycle. I’ve had bloods and dh had sperm. Had a colposcopy at hospital other day and she said my cervix looks fine and that she is going to write to my gp telling them to refer me as she says there are tablets and other tests I can have done. I feel angry with my gp as it’s been 18 months and they just keep fobbing me off saying it will happen come back in 6 months. 6 months later they say come back in another 6 months. My last visit in May they said because I already have a child there is nothing more they can do without me paying for ivf, the lady who did the colposcopy didn’t seem happy when I told her this. I just need to try and get an appointment with my gp now which is a task in itself !

If you have blocked Fallopian tube have they not mentioned unblocking it ? I thought they would. Is ivf totally out of the question or are you able to save for it ?
It’s so sad that we are all going through this !

No there was no mention of unblocking it. The consultant said he could refer me to investigate my endo but its a long wait & do to my low ovarian reserve will be too late & sometimes operating can do more danage to my fertility too!
We had a private consult appt this week & I have a perscription for clomid which is more in our price range!! I'm just really worried of the side effects & the fact theres a really good chance it will make my endo worse also!
The ivf will cost us £6500. I just think its a lot to save up for & pay out & with my test results the odds arent really in my favour.
I think I will have to come to a point & just have to give up & try to come to terms with it :-(

Thats really annoying about your doctors,despite having a child already as soon as I said to mine we'd been trying for a year she went ahead organising a referal so I had bloods, scan & hycosy. My hubby organised a sperm analysis out with his doctor while I was waiting for my referral appt with hospital as its less waiting time getting that done. His results were all fine!
Were your blood results all normal? My FSH was slightly higher than normal which made them suggest the amh test for my ovarian reserve. Have you considered getting that done? Its a private test they don't do it on nhs. Think its about £60.

No there was no mention of unblocking it. The consultant said he could refer me to investigate my endo but its a long wait & do to my low ovarian reserve will be too late & sometimes operating can do more danage to my fertility too!
We had a private consult appt this week & I have a perscription for clomid which is more in our price range!! I'm just really worried of the side effects & the fact theres a really good chance it will make my endo worse also!
The ivf will cost us £6500. I just think its a lot to save up for & pay out & with my test results the odds arent really in my favour.
I think I will have to come to a point & just have to give up & try to come to terms with it :-(

Thats really annoying about your doctors,despite having a child already as soon as I said to mine we'd been trying for a year she went ahead organising a referal so I had bloods, scan & hycosy. My hubby organised a sperm analysis out with his doctor while I was waiting for my referral appt with hospital as its less waiting time getting that done. His results were all fine!
Were your blood results all normal? My FSH was slightly higher than normal which made them suggest the amh test for my ovarian reserve. Have you considered getting that done? Its a private test they don't do it on nhs. Think its about £60.

Good luck for this week, clomid has helped lots of people I see from this forum I really hope it help you !

My bloods were normal so was hubbys sperm. I’ve had a fertility scan (private) and colposcopy and all is normal. Just so frustrating. I’m 8dpo and tested earlier bfn ! Now I could just cry, it doesn’t get easier it gets harder doesn’t it !

I'm sorry about you bfn, its still really early though.
Since I've been taking the progesterone for the last 3 months I get all new symtoms in my 2ww its so frustrating trying not to get my hopes up with it! I have a frer to use Saturday morning at 14dpo. It definitely gets harder, it's so heartbreaking getting a bfn all the time isn't it.

I feel your pain... we are 5yrs ttc ... 4yrs with Fertility Clinic... we have a wee boy whos 7 nxt mth who was a complete accident (not that that is a bad thing!) but this time we keep gettin no where... i have had a ectopic in 2015 & a miscarriage in 2017. I was on clomid with my ectopic and nw on my 3rd cycle of clomid this time round hopin its going to work again. Ive also started usin clearblue Advanced ovulation tests & conceive plus lubricant as ive heard alot of people gettin BFP first time round with it... inhave another 3 cycles worth of clomid and if tht fails itl be IVF for us through NHS luckily

Oh hun I’m so sorry......I totally get you, my last son took me 4.5 years but I did have 3 miscarriages in all that time. Things change all the time from the last pregnancy, same partner? It might be best you both being checked. I wonder if also everything’s fine Maca root would work for you?

I feel your pain... we are 5yrs ttc ... 4yrs with Fertility Clinic... we have a wee boy whos 7 nxt mth who was a complete accident (not that that is a bad thing!) but this time we keep gettin no where... i have had a ectopic in 2015 & a miscarriage in 2017. I was on clomid with my ectopic and nw on my 3rd cycle of clomid this time round hopin its going to work again. Ive also started usin clearblue Advanced ovulation tests & conceive plus lubricant as ive heard alot of people gettin BFP first time round with it... inhave another 3 cycles worth of clomid and if tht fails itl be IVF for us through NHS luckily

I’m using th clearblue digital tests and conceive plus! Times not on my side for me unfortunately

7B8F81D2-F22D-46F3-B21E-FAE6F62348DB.png I’ve seen this from the book I might try it considering I’m 38 now! It’s really expensive though! Xx

Last edited:
I’m using th clearblue digital tests and conceive plus! Times not on my side for me unfortunately

awww no :( fingers crossed you get a bfp soon though! tbh I do feel abit more hopeful this month but I'm used to being let down soo I'm not expecting much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->