Trying for baby no.2

Babydreams321

Reaction score
& desperately want my DD..

Shettles doesnt work for us ..we tried for ten months with our DS & we only fell pregnant in the end using CBFM BDing ON the day of ovulation - we had our beautiful son :)

Ive tried having sex before ovulation again the past few months without success & Im getting impatient lol - this week im due to ovulate on my CBFM & am planning to BD on THE day again....however have ordered my DH not to masturbate (&no sex ) until then... so he wont have released his sperm for 7 days by the time i ovulate as ive heard theres more chance of a girl that way as the Y chromosomes start to die off....

Has anyone else tried for a girl successfully this way??

Ive felt so stressed TTC again this time as soooo scared how ill feel if i find out we're having another boy.. we dont want anymore than 2 children... xxx

Hi,

I was the same as you and tried for 6 months using the shettles method to try and conceive a girl. I was getting frustrated so decided to BD on the day of ovulation, I am expecting a boy again. We bd'd on the day of ovulation with my first son as well so I think there is some truth with the shettles method.
My husband also refrained from masturbating and also tried masturbating more, so that method didn't work for us.
If I were you, I would try for a little longer so you won't be dissappointed. Have you tired the 'girl diet' and drinking cranberry juice?. I only read about this method after conceiving. I was really upset when I found out I was having another boy and felt awful for feeling this way, I just wish I had tried for a little longer with the shettles method and tried the girl diet, but now I am happy and looking forward to everything.
Good luck and I really hope you get your little princess xxx

Hi thanks for replying :)) Im glad youre looking forward to everything now youre pregnany, congratulations btw xxx

Ive heard of cranberry...is that pills or juice do u think? My DH & I are taking calcium tables & magnesium too as ive read this helps... who knows tho...

At the moment im just annoyed im not ovulating, i was due to yesterday & havent today either! I figure if i dont tomorrow then thats this month out the window anyway!!! :dohh:

I wish I'd tried properly with Shettles etc too. We were still uming and ahing whether to even try for number 2 and there was only one time where it must have happened - which was 2 days before ovulation (based on dates only). Which I was aware of and had Shettles in mind. We decided after to leave it a while before trying for no 2 but it was too late.

I'd read up loads on it all and regret now not doing anything. If I could go back I'd definitely follow the 'girl diet' and I'd work out properly when I was ovulating with taking temp etc. And I'd stop Bding at least 3 days before ovulation.

I wouldn't rule out Shettles as working for you. If you really want a girl I'd stick at it until you don't want to leave it any longer. Could be any month! I wish I had anyway.

Yes it's the pill form, not the cranberry juice, you can buy them from most health shops I think. . I also read that the calcium tablets work as wel ;0 Eat lots of youghurt e.t.c. and avoid bananas and cereal .... oh and tell hubby to avoid coffee!!. Dont know if they work, but at leasr you know you've tried everything then !!!!. Good luck xxx

Shettles has never worked for me, neither has the diet. I'm 37 weeks with my 5th boy, I have no girls x

I'm not sure of when ovulation occurred and we got pregnant with our first son, as he happened after I "gave up" and I was very very VERY irregular!

Our second we had sex on the day before and day after ovulation, and along came our 2nd son lol.

This time around I had decided I was not ovulating at all and stopped keeping track of everything. I had plans for things I was going to try to sway pink. The only things that MAY have made a difference would be not having had sex as often. I was drinking A LOT of crystal light containing aspartame, as that is supposed to lower your PH and favor girls. I was taking Vitex to not only regulate my cycles, but it is said to favor girl conception. I was taking some other supplements as well. I wish I had known about the cranberry pills though. Grr.

Oh well! We'll see if it happened this time in November. =)

Good luck on your girl!

My first son was conceived by BDing every second day. Second DS was a one off for that month (not planned) the day of ovulation.
We tried for 11months to conceive this time i really wanted a girl.... we tried the shettles method as well as both of us taking cranberry capsules. I was also taking calcium supplements. We tried numerous other things as well, no orgasms, dumping, hot baths (for DH) act act. But after TTC for 11 months with a low ovarian reserve we conceived our #3 boy!!!! We had DTD 3 days prior to OV and the day of!!

Dr. Shettles was proven to be incorrect. You can read this thread if you want, as it explains it (it's from in-gender.com) https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx

This is a great forum if you're trying to sway--https://www.in-gender.com/cs/Forums/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->