Trying IVF (first cycle) after 2 ectopics

Clussy

Reaction score
I'm sure many are also going through IVF on here (I'll have to dig more to find the other threads). Background is that we experienced our first ectopic last September and had lap to remove my left tube in early October. We were then no longer TTC but accidentally got preggers but found out it was yet another ectopic. :sad1: In order to treat that ectopic, I was given a single shot of MTX.

We went to an IVF seminar in late March and it was just what we needed to encourage us to move forward in hopes of safely conceiving. After all of the initial testing, we were qualified for the Guaranteed Cycle program so we're really hoping this sticks and of course hoping to produce as many healthy embryos as possible in the case of needing to try with frozen ones in the future. We go to injections/medications class this Wed and I start baseline monitoring June 10th. I've been listening to IVF podcasts to learn more and be as prepared as possible but I'm hoping to learn more from some of you chickies as well if possible. Anyone trying IVF for the first cycle now?

Oh also, I'm hoping to start acupuncture treatment this week as I've heard it really helps boost the odds of a pregnancy sticking as well as helping ease the ever present anxiety in this process. I'd *love* to hear anyone else's experience w/acupuncture in combination w/IVF or trying to conceive in general.

Thanks for being part of such a great online community which makes us all feel so much less inferior and human. :hug:

Hi there! I am also on my first IVF and doing acupuncture. I found it relaxed me. I have had a mmc last year, so I plan to continue with it a little bit until the 12 week mark. I have heard it can help ward off m/c. I don't know how true it is, but if it help ease my mind, its worth it to me.

Good luck hun! Do you know what protocol you will be on?

Hi there Wish2Be! Congrats on your IVF going well so far! It's so very inspiring to read more success stories! Makes me let out a lil sigh of relief each time and feel it's more possible for the rest of us.

Not sure what you mean by Protocol. I'm a bit new to this process and haven't heard this in the learning so far. I'm currently taking the pill until 6/6 and then will begin my baseline on 6/10 and then hopefully do retrieval on the week of 6/20 and obviously the transfer 5 days after that. I would love to just press a fast forward button to the transfer day and know that all went well. I'm certainly a bit weary of how emotional I'm going to get on the meds as just the BC has thrown me for a loop so far (after not being on BC for the past year and a half). How did your body respond to the meds? I'll go read up on your journal for more sharing as well.

Thanks so much!

I think you will have the same IVF that I did. I was on the pill too. They will tell you more about that at the med class. Glad I could help!

I was very emotional (still am :) ) and my boobs got sore. It's kinda of uncomfortable when the ovaries get huge with all of the follies, but oddly reasuring.

As for embryo transfer, it depends on your clinic and your embryos. My clinic does day 3 embryo transfers with the option of a day 5. But They do 2 embies on day 3 and 1 on day 5. So we opted for the 2 at day 3 transfer because of the twin possibilty. But day 5 embies have a better chance of implanting.

Not too long until the 10th! You must be getting very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->