• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying not to have more babies, lol! What method of birth control do you use?

_jellybean_

Reaction score
I was going to use the FA method, but I'm thinking of going on the pill. Has anyone been on Lo Loestrin Fe? I have a script, and...agh--it looks like there are so many side effects. Haven't been on the pill for years, but I went on the birth control patch, and had a ton of awful side effect, so I'm wondering if I should try this or not?

What method of birth control do you use?
Thanks!

im not a fan of the pill ive taken tricyclen(?) and jasmin (again, ? . im tired) anyways i just dont do well on any kind of pills/medicine/anything

right now we're just using condoms. but also not too fussed if i get preg. not in a hurry to *this minute, but not too worried about it as we do want more

Condoms currently, I was on the injection but it was just awful and I can't use any combined methods because I have a family history

I used loloestrin fe, orthotricyclin, loestrin, and all of them have me chronic yeast infections :/ we went to using condoms which we uh.. Weren't so good at :) so after I had my son I got the mirena 6 weeks pp. so far so good...feel sort of bloated or crampy sometimes but nothing serious.

Well, we used NTNP (I was also breastfeeding and knew my cycle really well) - and that worked for 13-14 months and now pregnant again.

I just let my body & God decide when I was ready, if I was.. and things are going pretty perfectly!

I never responded well to birth control.. always gave me horrible emotional problems.. plus too many years of birth control can make it really tough to conceive again. I know 2 women who used birth control for almost 10 years and when it came time to conceive, well.. let's just say after many years, it hasn't happened for them yet :(

Right now we're just using the pull-out method. We're aware that it's not the most reliable but we wouldn't be upset if we did get pregnant right now. I'm not sure what we'll do when we're done having kids. I refuse to go back on the pill. It turns me into a hormonal, emotional wreck. I wish there were better non-hormonal options.

We are refusing to have sex. So far it's working lol!

I have paraguard (copper IUD). But I've also only had sex twice since Violet was born :p...

I'm on the pill. I was on Tri-Sprintec before I was pregnant, and now I'm just on regular Sprintec. Apparently women who have had babies are more prone to breakthrough bleeding when using a tri-phasic pill? :shrug: Anyway the pill is working for me. I was on Mirena for a few months and HATED it. I bled for 2 months straight, and I could NOT lose any weight despite my intense efforts. I didn't really want to go back on the pill just because I don't like having to remember to take it, but avoiding bad side effects makes it worth it!

We used condoms and the pill although currently we use nothing (which OH is loving!)

Early 2014 he has agreed to get the snip snip though.

Was using pull out method after LO, fell preg in June, MC July. Tried the Pill and it didn't agree with me so now just condoms

Non hormonal coil. Covered for 10 years and can't just "forget" to take or have it lose its effectiveness like the Pill if I have a broody moment or get ill :)

We are not having sex, lol. Not at least until hubby has the snip. He hasn't been to the doctors yet.... so until he sorts out that, there shall be no hanky panky for us, haha....

I'm still unsure. Hubby and I are not totally 100% for getting anything 'final' like vasectomy or getting my tubes tied, but at the same time, 3 is more than enough for anyone! lol :haha:

I will most likely go onto the pill (have an appointment next week to discuss options and my general well-being anyway so will know by then) as it's probably the most common-sense way forward, but another tablet is not what I really want so will probably ask about sterilisation as a future option.

We use withdrawal method. Not the best, I know! :blush:

We are doing natural famly planning but so far i am not having a reliable temperature shift so up to now we had 3 months sex free lol (before that i was on the pill, but it did not suit me)

I was on the implant (implanon) but it gave me almost constant bleeding so I'm now on the pill (Yasmin).

The pill. Taking Lutera. No side effects. It's the same pill I used for a a year and a half after having dd1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->