Trying not to panic

PrayinForBaby

Haley's Mommy =)
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Stephanie, 32, pregnant with #2. My daughter is 8, so it's been a while since I was on here

Anywho, I had some spotting this morning and cramps, freaked out and went to the emergency room. My hcg levels came back at 5,050. I think I'm 6 weeks ish. The ultrasound showed a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole. I go back Saturday and Monday for hcg redrawn and I have another ultrasound on the 18th to see if we are progressing. Please tell me y'all think it's ok? My spotting was really watery, but it was brown and pink, only on toilet paper. I had a pelvic exam yesterday and my ob nurse thinks that might've caused it. But at no point has it been red blood and my cramps are very mild. I'm just a mess. They've put me on pelvic and bed rest pending my 2nd blood draw on Monday. Help calm a momma down?!

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and noticing a bit of brown discharge as well. It'll be a while yet until I get a scan so not much I can about it. I know brown is old blood and much more likely while turn out alright. If your just under 6 weeks I think a fetal pole and gestational sac is likely all you'd see for now. As long as it's not red and the cramps don't get worse your probably fine, I know pelvic exams and sex can put pressure on the cervix and can cause light spotting as there is increased blood flow to the area.

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and noticing a bit of brown discharge as well. It'll be a while yet until I get a scan so not much I can about it. I know brown is old blood and much more likely while turn out alright. If your just under 6 weeks I think a fetal pole and gestational sac is likely all you'd see for now. As long as it's not red and the cramps don't get worse your probably fine, I know pelvic exams and sex can put pressure on the cervix and can cause light spotting as there is increased blood flow to the area.

Hopefully I'm just a worry wort. I wouldn't have had a scan until 17 weeks had I not went and got checked. So hopefully things are good for the both of us!

I think it’s too early also for your scan, and like the previous poster said, brown blood means old so that’s good. Although when I was checked in my last month or so of being pregnant with our son, I started bleeding heavily afterwards, thank God I was still in the office and he said that was normal. I was freaking out! It did stop later that day!

No more spotting today! I have faith that everything is going to be okay. This little baby has been the center of my prayers and I just feel it in my soul that it'll be fine.

No more spotting today! I have faith that everything is going to be okay. This little baby has been the center of my prayers and I just feel it in my soul that it'll be fine.
Wonderful news! I hope it goes smoothly for you and you have a healthy and perfect pregnancy!

I'm glad there has been no more spotting. I've got everything crossed for you :)

So happy the spotting has stopped.
Keep that faith sweety I'm sure all will be just fine.

With my first pregnancy I had spotting from about weeks 5-9 and everything was fine. With my second at around 5 weeks I had a lot of red blood, enough to soak a pad and still everything was fine. Chances are that if it’s only brown spotting and everything else seems normal then you’ll be fine. I know how worrying it is. I’m now 7 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage last year and i’m terrified.

Had my first follow up blood draw, but its Saturday and I can't get my results! Ughhh! Lol another one on Monday, but no blood, no cramps, my boobs hurt like a mother lol

So happy the spotting stopped good to see you in the October bumkins to there alot of us on there now it's great. Can't wait to get to know u more.
God bless

So, I got my hcg quants back, Thursday they were 5050, sat 6711, and this morning 7529. I was freaking out that try weren't doubling, but my ob nurse said it's ok, they are increasing and we know I don't have a blighted ovum since we've seen the yolk sac. She said to relax and enjoy being pregnant and they'd see me Monday for my ultrasound. So, guess that's what ima do! Any ladies have similar experiences with their hcg rising slower?

I had a HCG that was a slow riser, it did result in a miscarriage but it was much slower rising than yours - we tested daily so it was going up 100 or so per day for 2 days. But what I gather online (and here) is that it can vary so much from baby to baby! And at some point the doubling stops - not sure what week or how far along that is tho! So keep positive thoughts!!! Fingers crossed for a good follow up ultrasound!

They sound like good numbers. Good luck for your ultrasound :)

Ugh girls, I had red blood this morning when I peed, followed by brown all day. Had another ultrasound this afternoon at the hospital that my OB ordered...bad news, no heartbeat yet, but the sac and yolk have grown a few mm from last week. Good news (but I guess kinda bad too) is I have a reason for the spotting. I have a subchorionic hematoma as well as several small bleeds near my cervix. So we are legitimately at a wait and see now until Monday. Everyone seems very hopeful and that everything is okay, but I've been on these forums and know too much. I've also had no cramps when I've been spotting. I did have a little bit of familiar stretching pains today but it was very brief.

Hopefully everything continues to go well. I've done some research into sch as well and know it doesn't mean your going to miscarry. I've had some slight brown spotting at 7 weeks as well that lasted about 5 days. It was super light but freaked me out, as long as there's no cramping I'm sure everything will be okay. I know it's terrifying to see blood of any kind, especially red. Best wishes.

Hopefully everything continues to go well. I've done some research into sch as well and know it doesn't mean your going to miscarry. I've had some slight brown spotting at 7 weeks as well that lasted about 5 days. It was super light but freaked me out, as long as there's no cramping I'm sure everything will be okay. I know it's terrifying to see blood of any kind, especially red. Best wishes.

Thankyou. I'm just gonna try to remain calm for 6 more days. And same to you! My ticker says 7 weeks bc that goes back to lmp, but baby sac and yolk measures 5w4d today. I'm turning it over to God, it's all I can do.

I'm thinking of you hon and hoping every thing turns out ok. Are sure of ure dates do u know when u O. U may have O later.

I'm thinking of you hon and hoping every thing turns out ok. Are sure of ure dates do u know when u O. U may have O later.
I'm not sure of any dates. I wasn't trying, I was half marathon training and still on my weightloss journey lol but losing 80 lbs had my cycles all messed up too so my last normal period, non existent...i know when I've had a few bleeds, but they haven't been normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->