trying or TRYINGGGGG

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
just wonder what everyones thoughts are about trying for a baby. OH and i were lucky that we didnt need to try, just stopped contraception and 3 months later bump in growth. Sorry if this is tmi, but i love the fact she was concieved out of love and not because my temp said so.

i really hope we can concieve number 2 in the same way, i dont want to try personally i love knowing that she was made out of love (or after alot of drink after a hen weekend!!!! same thing).

What do all you think about trying or TRYINGGG id love to know. im not against trying, please dont think that its a personal preference... just wondering does i all feel the same if you know what i mean.... just curious i dont want to start any debates thats not my aim.

I wrote in my wtt journal yesterday that we will have a unplanned, planned pregnancy. :)

In an ideal world this would happen for all ladies, but in many cases women have to make sure they time it right!

That is the way I'd love it though.

In an ideal world this would happen for all ladies, but in many cases women have to make sure they time it right!

That is the way I'd love it though.

i agree, if its what you want and you need to time it right then i understand, as i said i am lucky just wish everyone could be

I tried 3 months of just letting it happen, but it didn't. So i think once i start again i'll probably be trying properly xx

Most women (80%) will fall pregnant after a year of stopping contraception, however this time is halved to just six months when women actively try (time sex to contraception etc).

So... it all depends where your priorities lie :) I love the principle behind your idea of trying rather than 'TRYINGGGG', but it can take a lot longer that way.

Some people can find it off putting knowing that it's ovulation time, let's face it it's not exactly the horniest idea in the world is it? And I agree it can also put additional, uneeded pressure on to couples. So for some it is best just to let things happen, have sex when you normally would and just drop the contraception. But for some it isn't an issue, they just know when their fertile window is and make an effort to get more sexy time in then. I use the word effort, but that doesn't necessarily need to mean strife.

When I know I am ovulating I try to come up with really sexy ideas for the evening, so that I know DH and I will both have a brilliant night. Our baby will still be conceived out of love and passion. Yes, we knew we were ovulating when we got jiggy with it, but we wouldn't have had sex if either of us didn't want it. We were both very turned on, very in love and very full of passion for each other and for making a baby as well... Our baby will be very much made out of love, just the way yours was.

I see what you are saying and like I say, it's a lovely ideal... but it doesn't always work in practice if you are impatient-tempered :lol: You can halve you waiting time for BFP by knowing when you ovulate, soo... like I say, it all depends on your priorities. ;)

we tried three months of just letting it happen but nothing happened - not even a period. so unfortunately i'm off for tests. been tryingggg a year now.

as much as i would have loved for it just to have happened, the process has helped me learn an awful lot about my body and our relationship together, we are alot more intune and responsive to each other now and this baby will still be created out of love!

only we're not one of the lucky couples who just get this gift on the off chance! we will probably need help to conceive. but it doesn't mean the baby will be loved any less, in fact the longer it takes the more and more this baby will mean to us and our lives together.

All life should be cherished - no matter how easily/difficult it was created :hugs:

I don't think the original poster meant that people who trryyyyy for a baby would love it any less; she meant that during :sex: she knows her baby was made out of sex because they wanted it - wanted each other, rather than sex just because she was ovulating.

However, like I pointed out in my post (above) tryiingggg does not necessarily mean that sex means any less, or that the couple want it any less. I knew I was ovulating but I wouldn't pressure myself or DH into :sex: but if I got a positive OPK *and* I felt in the mood for it I would go away and think of something really special and sexy to get DH into the mood. In fact because I was trying harder, to seduce him rather than the other way around it became really creative and we have had some of the best :sex: ever while trying to conceive!

I do see your point though - both of you. I am sure that all babies, that are tried for, are made out of love :)

Trust me when i say, i'd much rather it to just happen!

I am envious! ignore me! :friends:

i think that wen it takes a wile to concieve then mum an dad become more determined n i think wen u finally wana get PG then i think its probably more rewarding?? thats not to say that it isnt rewardin gettin PG on the off chance. I got PG first month comin of pill luckily, n i wasnt expectin this, im really happy i didnt have to try n stuff but i think if i had to wait any longer id be more wanting of a baby as its somethin im not gettin so easily. i also think that sometimes if tryinggggg then can kinda lose ur mind, i mean like forget wot its all about coz u hav had to be so involved with ur body (but wen it does happen u can finally relax). i think its different for everybody, i think in a perfect world, a baby could be made instantly out of just love. but in the real world it can take alot of effort for most women n i admire these women!! sorry its so long :) xx

I would love to say that, when the time comes, we will just quit BC and see what happens naturally.. but I can't deny that I am an avid symptom spotter and need to know what is going on with my body all the time (even when on BC!) so for my own sanity I think I will def use FF or mycycle.com to keep track of predicted ovulation and AF.. I think this will then bias my BDing as well..(although I will try not to become too pushy toward OH)... I think Ov sticks and temping are beyond me... at least for the first 6 months anyway...

xx

just wonder what everyones thoughts are about trying for a baby. OH and i were lucky that we didnt need to try, just stopped contraception and 3 months later bump in growth. Sorry if this is tmi, but i love the fact she was concieved out of love and not because my temp said so.

i really hope we can concieve number 2 in the same way, i dont want to try personally i love knowing that she was made out of love (or after alot of drink after a hen weekend!!!! same thing).

What do all you think about trying or TRYINGGG id love to know. im not against trying, please dont think that its a personal preference... just wondering does i all feel the same if you know what i mean.... just curious i dont want to start any debates thats not my aim.

I'm tryingggg, and have been since 07! However i can guarantee my baby will be made with as much love as someone who was lucky enough to fall pregnant without trying!

... but if I got a positive OPK *and* I felt in the mood for it I would go away and think of something really special and sexy to get DH into the mood. In fact because I was trying harder, to seduce him rather than the other way around it became really creative and we have had some of the best :sex: ever while trying to conceive!

Blimey, any pointers would be much appreciated on this front! I think so many of us on here have actually almost got to the point where BDing is a chore. I know that sounds dreadful, but sometimes (for me, anyway - and I hope I'm not alone ... anyone?!) that really is the case. So come on Tasha, help us girls out with some of your ideas!

so sorry if i upset anyone, not meant at all..... i know everyone loves their little bumps or bumps to be. i just wondered why people were properly trying, and as i said we were lucky that we didnt have to. i think all those who are trying and manage to keep the passion alive as well should be congratulated thats no easy task, thats all i meant honestly.
i wish every bump maker all the best however it happens, sorry if i offended

so sorry if i upset anyone, not meant at all..... i know everyone loves their little bumps or bumps to be. i just wondered why people were properly trying, and as i said we were lucky that we didnt have to. i think all those who are trying and manage to keep the passion alive as well should be congratulated thats no easy task, thats all i meant honestly.
i wish every bump maker all the best however it happens, sorry if i offended

I got what you we're saying, think perhaps it just read the wrong way! :hugs:
Considering the how long its been since we ditched birth control we have no option but to keep trying - i don't think its a decision couples make - it just happens if that makes sense? We don't temp we just use opk's. Here comes the tmi :blush: we have a healthy sex life, and whilst we are trying for a baby, i can honestly say its the last thing on my mind when we're :sex:
Even if i know i am ovulating!

We have unexplained infertility, next step would probably be ivf, however i'm not sure i/we are ready for that yet.

Whilst i can't speak for all this is how our situation is x

I would prefer to just do my thing and if it happens, then it happens. I'm a firm believer in the fact that if things are going to happen, they'll happen for a reason. Or if they don't happen, there's a reason behind that too.

If all else fails, I would totally not object to actively trying though.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that if things are going to happen, they'll happen for a reason. Or if they don't happen, there's a reason behind that too.

Whatever you do don't lose that belief please! I did long ago......wish i could get it back because it would make my life easier! :hug:

I would love to be able to just fall pregnant without having to try really hard and get frustrated but atm we are not trying not preventing we are not using BC but I havent got AF back yet since losing too much weight too fast/coming off implant (its been 7 months now since last AF) and nothing has happened. Going to officially TTC in July as I reckon it might take a while for us so I wanna chart etc. Purely because its exciting and we havent fallen pregnant in 7 months of NTNP!!

I was one of the lucky ones getting pregnant on my honeymoon - we weren't tryinggggg, just really enjoying being a married couple! Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy after a MMC on 7th Jan so I have to wait for 6 months before TTC again. I would like to say I'll be the same again and will just have regular sex out of passion rather than because my temp is right etc etc. HOWEVER, by that time I'll be so desparate to get my BFP again I may be thinking differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->