Trying to Conceive #1 with PCOS.

Journey2Bump

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I unfortunately experienced a miscarriage last year at about 8 weeks along. This is when I was diagnosed with a folic acid deficiency and polycystic ovaries, the reason for my miscarriage. After taking some time to heal, I am now trying to conceive. My doctor has prescribed me Metformin 500mg to take morning and night. He suggested I take this medication for about a month before I try to conceive. Somehow, I am so nervous for this. I am doubtful it will work and I am so afraid of having another miscarriage. I don't think my heart can take it. Have any of you ladies with PCOS had success with Metformin? Please share your success stories here, I really need some hope right now.

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( I'm also trying to have baby #1 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS about 2 months ago. I've had 3-4 early losses (usually around 4-5 weeks). Finally I got in to the dr to find out what's wrong and after intervaginal/ultra sounds/blood work found out I have PCOS. I'm on Metformin 1500 mg daily and started clomid as well. Some days, I'm very positive that Metformin will help balance out my hormones and help me with conceiving a sticky baby, and other days I feel like this is never going to happen. I'm so scared to get another positive HPT only for me to have it taken away again.
Are you going in for 7 DPO bloodwork? I have a feeling that I may have low progesterone which can play a part of miscarriages. This month my dr is planning on bloodwork 7DPO to make sure my levels are good and if not, can prescribe supplements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->