Trying to conceive after loss

KK8159

Reaction score
I struggled with fertility for 2 years trying to conceive my first. I went on clomid with IUI for 3 months, then got a cyst that had to be removed. Then went on Femera with IUI and got pregnant on the 3rd try of Femera (without the IUI) We found out we were having TWINS! at my 12 week apt i found out one of my twins had a fatal defect and would not live past birth and would mostly likely be still born. in May of 2013 I gave birth to a healthy baby boy and my daughter passed away at 2 days old. It breaks my heart to see my son grow up without his sister and I'm praying I can give my son a sibling someday. I breastfed and got my cycle back when my son was 7 months old. We have been not trying not preventing since then. Now my son is 19 months old and I really want to start actively trying in the New year. I feel like it's not going to happen on its own since we haven't been preventing for over a year. I'm scared to go the fertility route again because so I am afraid of having twins again or another baby with the same defect. I wish my body could just do what it's supposed to own its own! My cycles are regular and they never did figure out what was causing my infertility other then my husbands swimmers were a little slow. Do I keep trying on my own with charting and ovulation tests or should I just face the music of I am not going to conceive without help? =(

KK you sound like you're incredibly strong, and to go through losing a baby in that way is pure heartbreak and words simply won't be enough. I do however know lots of people who struggled with baby no#1 and conceived easily with the next. I think it depends on what your fertility issue is as a couple?

Hi KK, I am sorry for your loss. Unexplained infertility has a real emotional impact on your life. This feeling of “doctor can’t figure out what’s wrong in my body” can be depressing and frustrating. But don’t lose hope and believe on miracles (just like you had your DS). You mentioned you already charting your bbt and tracking ovulation and your periods are regular, that means you are ovulating pretty each month. Is your husband taking any supplement for his swimmers? I would recommend taking wellman or Fertilaid for men. Even dietary and lifestyle changes can make a lot of difference.

Research says, it is almost 40% of the cases, where male factor plays an important role in infertility. It is recommended that you should perform SA after 3 month of taking supplements, as sperm morphology, qty and quality keep on changing after every 3 months. I am sure your prayers will be heard very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->