Trying to conceive with pcos sigh!!!

Anya0ttc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I'm hoping to get some support and advice because I feel so low about the whole baby thing!

I'm 20 and I got diognosed with pcos about 3 years a go. I was devastated as I've always wanted kids. Me and my partner have been going with the 'not trying but not preventing' approach for about 3 years now but I think I need to take it to the next level now. my friends are having babies who I love to bits but it strengthens my yearning for my own, I'm sure so many of you can identify with this!

I don't want to pump my body full of chemicals so I'm not going to go to the doctors for help just yet but I'll set a deadline sometime next year in which I will go for help if we haven't concieved on our own. I'm only young so I've got time.

I'd like some help with charting temp and anything else that will help me identify when I'm ovulating. My peiods can be super super long sometimes and are fairly irregular so it's all a bit over the place. Also has anyone had success with natural aids to conception? I'm taking folic acid incase I do fall but I know it's supposed to support your body in preparation to conceive rather than actually increasing your chances. I'd also like to know if there are any tests my doctor can do to see if I'm ovulating or not or anything else they can find out. While I don't want to ask them for help with cloned etc I'd be open for further tests to find out more.

Anything else that anyone feels is relevant would be fab! Thanks in advance everyone I really appreciate any advice/support anyone can give 😊😊

I was told I have PCOS at 22 years old. I'm now 25 years old with a 1 year old little boy. All natural! I was trying with an ex partner for a whole year & nothing!
Then I got with my current partner and fell pregnant within 2 months (Iv known him for 6 years as a good friend by the way) lol
So please don't give up just yet!!
We was doing it morning and night, twice a day! The more the better xx

I have pcos was told when i was 19, but I have regular periods, I have a 2 year old son, tried for 3 years with PP and went on the pill when got with my new one came off after he asked me to. Charted for one month and got pregnant the same month! xx definitely temp as will confirm when/if you ovulate, and too much sex can be harmful every other day is best :)

I am 98% sure I will be diagnosed with PCOS at my forthcoming appt on 7th November! I have ridiculous cycles. No idea when my period or anything will happen. On cycle day 97, ovulated on cycle day 82!! Only know because I did ov tests daily!

Thanks guys it's really encouraging hearing from you all :) I think I'm definitely going to try the temp charting although I have no idea where to start so I'll have a read up online :) although I'm only 20 I feel like I should have kids already because I've felt ready for so long. I've been with my partner since I was 16, got engaged at 17 and moved out at 18 I just feel old lol. I always invisaged having kids young and I feel like I won't :'( thank you all I'll carry on trying 😌

I thought it was never going to happen for me and then it finally did! Just relax and enjoy yourself 😊
Good luck

Hi Hun please try and stay positive, I've got PCOS, was only diagnosed last month due to ttc 18months we've already got 2bubbas and now this month after trying soy Isoflavone and macca root for the first time we out our bfp yesterday.

Hi Hun. I was never diagnosed with pcos but I have every single symptom of it. But I do ovulate...just every other month or so which is why I haven't gotten medical help yet. Once I started charting I fell pregnant the first month which ended in an early loss, then got pregnant again 3 months later with my daughter. We have just started TTC #2 and have begun using opk's and charting my temp otherwise I would have no idea when I O.

Thank you so much everyone I feel much better now. It's the worst feeling because it's something I feel I should be able to do. My partners 4 years older than me and I know he wants kids Young but I feel like that will be possible now :)

sammynashley I've heard of soy isoflavones but not maca route, can I ask why you chose those in particular? There are so many out there I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't know what to try. Congratulations on the baby you must be thrilled ����

Bellaxgee sorry you had to go through that it must be really awful �� good luck trying with your next little one :)

Really! What a coincidence! Where abouts are you? I'm in winchelsea near Hastings �� I understand if you don't want to say ��

Really? What a coincidence! I'm in winchelsea near Hastings. Where abouts are you? I understand if you don't want to say :)

Sorry I didn't think that had posted so I sent similar again lol

That is funny were so close, I went to Newlands school in seaford so I spent a lot of time in Eastbourne :)

Thank you so much everyone I feel much better now. It's the worst feeling because it's something I feel I should be able to do. My partners 4 years older than me and I know he wants kids Young but I feel like that will be possible now :)

sammynashley I've heard of soy isoflavones but not maca route, can I ask why you chose those in particular? There are so many out there I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't know what to try. Congratulations on the baby you must be thrilled ����

Bellaxgee sorry you had to go through that it must be really awful �� good luck trying with your next little one :)

Thank you Hun, I'd tried vitex but to be honest never felt like it really did anything, I'd heard a lot of success stories with soy iso and also macca root, so thought I'd give it a3 month try and see how it goes, I took macca root every day and took soy iso cd3-7. Really felt ovulation this cycle and got my bfp on 10dpo.

:flower:
hi
i was diagnosed with pcos the day after i had my :bfp: we were trying for 6 months and i kept m/c :cry: BUT one cycle "not trying" i fell pregnant :happydance: without any help :thumbup:
i'm now ttc again, i'm temping this cycle i have been temping for the whole time i was ttc :thumbup: i'd be happy to help with your temping! if you look at my chart it seems all over the place but i've had the flu! :winkwink:

Hi! I have PCOS as well and started temping this cycle the day after my cycle ended. My chart seems crazy. I'm also taking vitex, b complex, biotin, royal jelly and wheat grass, and cassava root. I've been feeling cramping for a few days now like ovulation cramps, and I believe I am 5 or 6 dpo. OPK's never work for me. Have you ever tried any of these? I take synthroid as well and was on injections for Multiple Sclerosis but quit those two weeks ago so it won't cause miscarriage (fingers crossed). I've been pregnant twice one m/c and one now 2 year old. I know it can happen! You'll get it and if anyone gives advice then maybe we can learn to temp together! It's pretty frustrating at times and I stallk boards for others that do it and are succesful.

Thank you Hun, I'd tried vitex but to be honest never felt like it really did anything, I'd heard a lot of success stories with soy iso and also macca root, so thought I'd give it a3 month try and see how it goes, I took macca root every day and took soy iso cd3-7. Really felt ovulation this cycle and got my bfp on 10dpo.

^^ I'm trying this "reply with quote" thing for the first time, I hope it works lol.

I was going to try vitex because I heard sometimes soy products can effect fertility negatively :( I'm so glad it worked for you :) I feel like it's a minefield of information. I guess I've just got to try some things and see what works for me :) thanks again for giving me all this info and encouragement :)

:flower:
hi
i was diagnosed with pcos the day after i had my :bfp: we were trying for 6 months and i kept m/c :cry: BUT one cycle "not trying" i fell pregnant :happydance: without any help :thumbup:
i'm now ttc again, i'm temping this cycle i have been temping for the whole time i was ttc :thumbup: i'd be happy to help with your temping! if you look at my chart it seems all over the place but i've had the flu! :winkwink:

thats great you managed to concieve :) good luck with it this time round. That would be great if you wouldn't mind explaining the basics? I heard temping wasn't much use if you have pcos? My cycles aren't very regular?, do you think it's worth giving it a go? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->