Trying to concieve after ectopic

ecbies12

Reaction score
I am 32 my husband and I have a 10 yr old boy with no pregnancy complications. 1 miscarriage with a DNC about 2 years after birth of the 10 year old. Then a second son whom now is 3 1/2 with no complications. About 1 year after the birth of the now 3 1/2 yr old while using the IUD I had an ectopic pregnancy. I had laparoscopy surgery on my right tube to remove the birth and was told they were able to spare my tube(only had to make a small incision). Now 2 years later we are trying to conceive with great hopes for a girl. I stopped taking my birth control pills for 2 months now and have missed a period by about 1 week ( which is rare for me I am always consistent), home pregnancy test is negative. I am experiencing a dull ache in the same side I had the ectopic pregnancy prior ( but I experienced this last year too while on birth control pill and it was nothing). I am awaiting a apt with my doctor next Monday. But am going crazy until then. Anyone willing to share there thoughts? Or experiences with pregnancy after and ectopic with laparoscopy? it will be greatly appreciated i am so worried i will not be able to get pregnant again without it ending up in an ectopic. I forgot to mention My left tube is fine as far as a I know.

I missed that in your first post sorry! Do you happen to chart or use opks?I had pains around the side of my ectopic the first few cycles after my lap/surgery and of course my cycles were very off as well which is common after a lap/ectopic. I was charting and using opks and that was the only reason I didn't test when I was late because I could see I was having cycle issues. It is entirely possible you could have ovulated later than normal and just not know it so you could still get a bfp or af of course but only time will tell unfortunately :wacko: Hopefully this will be your only off cycle (if you don't get a bfp!) but if it isn't consider charting and/or using opks until they straighten out so you can maximize your chances each month and know for sure when/if you are ovulating. :thumbup:

Docs apt today Negative urine test, got a script for blood work for HCG Levels and ultrasound for Friday to eliminate possibility of ectopic. If all goes well will starts meds to get my cycle back on track and am starting prenatals today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->