Trying to hide it

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
I'm only 10 weeks pregnant but showing a lot already, Iv always been fast to show with my others however this time I'm struggling in work!

I lost my little boy at 21 weeks in July so I have been reluctant to tell work but then I am waiting on a long awaited payrise which I don't think il get if they know in 5 months il be going off!

It's also my Christmas party tomorrow night so I obviously can't drink but how do I hide why! What's your best excuses? x

One I heard that's really good is that you're on medication that doesn't mix with alcohol.

Also, if there's an open bar just go up and get a coke in a glass.. People will assume.

Saying you are on antibiotics is risky - almost all antibiotics are ok with alcohol - except metronidazole. Metronidazole is given for mainly dental infections and treating stomach ulcers caused by h.pylori. And stomach trouble would also be a reason in itself for a Dr to say absolutely no alcohol.

You need a solid back story !

Needing to drive or drive the next morning (offering to give a lift to someone who otherwise can't come)

I honestly find buying my own drinks that look like spirit with mixer works the best.

There's all sorts of medications, not just antibiotics. Even OTC cold medications.

Agreed just order sprite and pretend it's mixed with something or the picking some up from the airport at like 6am.

Yeah I agree with people saying that if you can, get a soft drink that looks hard. Sprite is good. People won't ask what's in your glass, you just need it not to clearly be apple juice haha. Imo any excuse you give is just going to raise people's suspicions. I have a family Christmas party on Saturday, which is way harder as there's no going to the bar to get my own drink! I've already told dh to get ready to help me surreptitious get rid of my drink.
We're at the hardest time of year for secretly not drinking!

Crap I have a family Christmas party this friday! I guess I will get a glass of wine and pretend to sip it. I will just say if they ask I don't care for it (the host likes sweet wine, I like mine as dry as the desert). Hope they buy it.

Apparently, there will also be jello shots. At a Christmas party, with SMALL CHILDREN. I think that is a bit irresponsible.

I am also not telling, especially my husbands family, as I know it will not be ill received and I can't handle their crap right now. I go to the doctor in 1 week, I want to wait for after that.

You know technically....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hcYl9Jz78

And in France they drink all throughout pregnancy without any higher cases of alcohol related complications than the United States.

I'm still of the mind it's not for me. Especially since I did have a battle with alcohol dependency after my first loss and it took years to get control of it, and I know it can be hereditary. So I wouldn't want to do anything that would start my kid off in the neg already.

I hope all goes/went well for all you ladies with parties! I still stand by just get sprite or tip the bartender ahead of time to give you virgin drinks only for the night. Switch drinks with hubs or take it with you to the bathroom and dump it. If people are drinky drinky then they won't notice what you do with your cup. But if they are cheers-ing that would be a tough call if you didn't just have a soda.

Everyone suggesting sprite except for me, lol. I must be the only one who likes JD and coke. Hope you managed to hide it at the party!

Everyone suggesting sprite except for me, lol. I must be the only one who likes JD and coke. Hope you managed to hide it at the party!

Im with you weebles... we are announcing on christmas day, the tricky part is going to be Thursday. its my little brothers 21st birthday and everyone will expect me to have a drink with him. Im not quite sure how i am going to get around that one yet.......

Well I ended up driving said it wasn't worth struggling to get a taxi, after a few drinks a few of the lads started asking if I was pregnant �� I'm quite big already so think they can tell! Iv got my 12 week scan on Monday so might tell them on Thursday before I finish for Christmas ��

Aw too bad you may have to tell before you are ready :hugs:

As for my get together it is at my grandmother-in-laws and it is not a bar type situation. I bought some cherry juice though I may try a switcheroo in my wine glass

Aw too bad you may have to tell before you are ready :hugs:

As for my get together it is at my grandmother-in-laws and it is not a bar type situation. I bought some cherry juice though I may try a switcheroo in my wine glass

Well it went well, nobody noticed I wasn't drinking until we were leaving for the night and DH just said I was the DD as he had been drinking all night. Someone who knows me might question me not having even a glass of wine or such, but there were other people being the DD and not touching a drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->