Trying to hide pregnancy around Christmas is HARD!!!

Mammyduffy

Reaction score
:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I'm only 6 weeks preggo and only my hubby, myself and the Dr know so far!! We are hoping to tell our families on Christmas Day so we are telling no-one until then! But with all the Christmas nights out coming up I'm really starting to panic about how to hide it from everyone!!!!

Not that I'm a heavy drinker at all but I would usually have wine with dinner and a few drinks afterwards etc etc so I don't know how to get away with not drinking at all these meals and nights out :cry::cry:

Any suggestions?!?! All I have so far is to pretend I have another UTI and am on anti-biotics, but is that fairly obvious?!??!

Antibiotics for a tooth infection..... you got to wait for the infection to go before they can do anything. And it bloody hurts!! Also they have given you really strong painkillers (the strong co-codamol) for the pain and if you drink it can send you a bit doolally! You can even show them the tooth.... top back one.... "see, its all black and inflamed around the gum".....a few people will go "oh yeah" and that will convince the others.

ooooo I'm liking the infected tooth thing with the pain killers!!!!!

I would LOVE to be able to be the designated driver, but EVERY SINGLE woman I work with is pregnant so we have plenty of drivers :winkwink::winkwink:

Needless to say I am also PETRIFIED of telling work my news!!!

sorry - still lurking around :)
I LOVE the tooth idea! Why didn't I think of that! haha!
I was a big drinker and smoker before BFP and it was so obvious to everyone as my excuses were rubbish!

I'm bringing a bottle of sparking apple cider (pasteurized of course) to thanksgiving tomorrow. Looks like white wine or champagne to me. Just peel off the label lol ;)

I found out NYE my first pregnancy so that was hard! We had a big night out for a friends birthday a couple of weeks later too. I used the tooth infection excuse too funnily enough, some of my mates did guess but only because it was unknown for me not to drink :haha:

My plan is to try and have something that looks alcoholic and hope no one asks x

I'm in the same predicament! Two work Christmas partiesto go to. Will just be the designated driver I think!

The tooth idea is great! I actually went on hols with my parents and in-laws for a week when I was 8 weeks pregnant...it was all-inclusive too so I panicked about how to hide that I wasn't drinking. I just made sure that I was downstairs for dinner first every night and got diet cokes that I said were vodka and cokes and my DH kept refilling these at the bar for me! No one guessed as I only told my parents last week and DH parents still don't know we are expecting!

Oh and I'm lucky in that my work xmas party is next week and I'll have told them all by then so won't have to hide!

Its very hard! I think i may have to spill the beans sooner because of my horrible MS! Its so hard to pretend that youre feeling chipper! lol The way that I will probably "hide" my drinking is to pour an actual alcoholic drink and occasionally pour some out while no one is looking:thumbup:

I found out I was pregnant in Dec 2011 unfortunately it ended in MC but it was so hard to hide.
I had so many parties to go to one was here at my own house and I just filled up a bottle of rose wine with a non alcoholic wine the other functions dh got my drinks and if anyone else offered I just slipped it to dh or my friend who knew.She drank the same thing as me for this purpose so it worked out perfect.

I drank water out of a gin bottle! Just added tonic and lemon and no one knew any wiser...had to pretend to be tipsy tho!! Hard going!

I only found out I was pregnant yesterday and we are out for my husbands birthday on Saturday night and as me and my husband are the only ones that know I'm just going to have lemonade and as I normally drink archers and lemonade hopefully no one will realise and by the end of the night when everyone else is tipsy hopefully they won't realise that I'm not lol x

I go for the coke without the vodka, or orange juice! Cranberry and lemonade looks very much like rose wine if u ask for it in a wine glass!

I try to have a full glass at all times to avoid that awkward moment when someone wants to buy u a drink or top u up!

I went on a night out 3 days after finding out I was pregnant and it was fine untill my friend said, u don't look drunk enough , I'm gunna buy u a cocktail. Luckily she was well pickled and after pretending to take a sip I kept topping hers up!

If anyone does buy u a drink u could always hide it or take it to the toilet and tip it away (s waste I know) the only other option is to pretend uve had too much :wacko:

I had this problem with dd and I carried an alcoholic drink around with me and emptied it out or had OH drink it. I found most people usually got too tipsy to notice that I wasn't drinking it!

But, after I finally announced a few weeks later, a few people were like "I saw you drink at the party!" and when I said I was just pretending one girl SWORE she saw me get a drink from the keg and drink it (she wasn't judging or saying I did anything wrong.Probably thought I was covering for something i did before I knew I was pregnant) and there was no way to convince her I actually didn't have the drink! She still believes it to this day!

I also just do the fake drinking thing - I find nobody ever notices. But as soon as a woman starts making the antibiotic excuse, I find everyone automatically thinks pregnant LOL. My co-worker actually DID have a bad infection, and it took a month for some people to stop believing she was actually pregnant! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->