Trying to keep a healthy weight and TOM Cravings

MissMcCoy

Reaction score
I know a lot of us are trying to stgay and get healthy in preparation for TTC.
Today is day one of my cycle and I just CRASHED. So unhealthy today. I worked in town and I held off. I didn't get any fast food or even stop for a timmies.
After work I went shopping and wanted to stop for a bite for the ride home so bad. I stayed strong.
Had crackers and cottage cheese when I came home. Had left over seafood pasta... AND FOUND THE CHIPS! AND NIBBLED on left over BIRTHDAY CAKE!
Then dinner was good and I skipped dessert as I already had it earlier... :/

That afternoon binge is so not acceptable...

Any advice on how to curb cravings and just say NO :devil:

(Forgot to post. This was from yesterday)
On track again so far this morning

Honestly, I just accept that I'm going to have cravings, and plan for it. Working out helps balance it out by off-setting the extra calories. If I'm craving something calorie rich like pizza, I'll have that for dinner and eat lighter at lunch so I can indulge guilt-free. :flower:

Have you tried distracting yourself when the cravings hit? It's easier to ignore them if you're not thinking about them. :)

In the long run it's just one week out of the month, so you have the other three weeks to make up for any binges. That's way easier for me to do than try to resist the call of whatever my body is demanding! :rofl:

Good call!

I should try that! You are right. It is only one week... really only the first day... or two.

Generally speaking, it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. I think even if you give in to one or two days of cravings you probably won't gain even that much! (you might see a temporary gain from water weight though)

Edit: It's also good to vary your intake to keep your body guessing. Some people use "calorie zigzagging" to lose weight, so those days of eating more than normal might actually help you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->