TTC #1 After An Early MC...Buddies Needed

Hi ladies, it sooo great to hear from you both....you haven't forgotten about us, lol!!! Well I wish I was doing better. I had 4 rounds of clomid that helped me ovulate better but no bfp so I got an HSG done about 3 weeks ago. HSG showed tubal patency but dilated (hydro) so basically my tubes are not functioning 100% and I will most likely need IVF :cry: I went to see an RE last week and he did a vag ultrasound and couldn't see anything wrong with the tubes. He said that if the hydro was severe enough and fluid filled (which is toxic to an embryo trying to implant), he would be able to see it. So I will be doing 2 rounds of IUI with clomid and if still no success, I will be moving on to IVF. I never ever thought it would come to this, especially given I fell pregnant so easily the first time. Makes me wonder if that miscarriage is what caused something to go wrong with my tubes. My world is very dark, sad and full of lots of tears. I feel like anything can can go wrong, always happens to me and dh....just waiting for the tides to turn.

How are you ladies coming along....how exciting finding out the sex!!!! Please do share when you ladies find out :)

Hi ladies. I am new to this sort of thing. My husband and I were blessed with a son back in 2010 and decided to try again (hoping for a girl) this year. We were over the moon excited when we found out that we were pregnant in May, but I miscarried at 5 weeks. So, it's been sort of rough. We decided to start trying again this month. My periods have been sort of bananas lately. They were usually every 24 days, but since the MC they range from 25-28. So, no idea when I'm ovulating. I've been following a fertility calculator calendar on a website, to see when I ovulate, which was either yesterday or this coming Wednesday. We've just been bedding like crazy hoping we get lucky this month. According to the website I am on CD13. I'm not too sure what all of this means, but I'm hoping we conceive. I've read that they call a pregnancy after a miscarriage a "rainbow pregnancy". I need a rainbow pregnancy. I'm trying not to stress or put too much thought into it, but it's so hard. I'm scared I will miscarry again or not conceive. We got pregnant so easy with our son, as well as in May. Yesterday I was experiencing some mild period like cramps which I know is supposed to be a sign of ovulation, but I really don't pay that much attention to my body, unless we're trying to conceive. It seems like I notice every little thing now and put entirely too much thought into it. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we all get BFP's and have healthy pregnancies. :flower:

Hi ladies, it sooo great to hear from you both....you haven't forgotten about us, lol!!! Well I wish I was doing better. I had 4 rounds of clomid that helped me ovulate better but no bfp so I got an HSG done about 3 weeks ago. HSG showed tubal patency but dilated (hydro) so basically my tubes are not functioning 100% and I will most likely need IVF :cry: I went to see an RE last week and he did a vag ultrasound and couldn't see anything wrong with the tubes. He said that if the hydro was severe enough and fluid filled (which is toxic to an embryo trying to implant), he would be able to see it. So I will be doing 2 rounds of IUI with clomid and if still no success, I will be moving on to IVF. I never ever thought it would come to this, especially given I fell pregnant so easily the first time. Makes me wonder if that miscarriage is what caused something to go wrong with my tubes. My world is very dark, sad and full of lots of tears. I feel like anything can can go wrong, always happens to me and dh....just waiting for the tides to turn.

How are you ladies coming along....how exciting finding out the sex!!!! Please do share when you ladies find out :)

oh hun, im sorry to hear about your news. But atleast there is some sort of explanation, some women dont get any reasoning as to why things arent working out. I had a friend try IVF and they got their BFP right away! THey had been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years and had 1 MC in that time. So the IVF was their route and it worked for them, i have faith youll have the same great outcome and be able to be a mommy :hugs:

Hi ladies. I am new to this sort of thing. My husband and I were blessed with a son back in 2010 and decided to try again (hoping for a girl) this year. We were over the moon excited when we found out that we were pregnant in May, but I miscarried at 5 weeks. So, it's been sort of rough. We decided to start trying again this month. My periods have been sort of bananas lately. They were usually every 24 days, but since the MC they range from 25-28. So, no idea when I'm ovulating. I've been following a fertility calculator calendar on a website, to see when I ovulate, which was either yesterday or this coming Wednesday. We've just been bedding like crazy hoping we get lucky this month. According to the website I am on CD13. I'm not too sure what all of this means, but I'm hoping we conceive. I've read that they call a pregnancy after a miscarriage a "rainbow pregnancy". I need a rainbow pregnancy. I'm trying not to stress or put too much thought into it, but it's so hard. I'm scared I will miscarry again or not conceive. We got pregnant so easy with our son, as well as in May. Yesterday I was experiencing some mild period like cramps which I know is supposed to be a sign of ovulation, but I really don't pay that much attention to my body, unless we're trying to conceive. It seems like I notice every little thing now and put entirely too much thought into it. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we all get BFP's and have healthy pregnancies. :flower:

I didnt do too much to try and figure out Ov. i tried those ov kits but they NEVER worked for me so i gave up (even tho clearly i ovulate!) but i always went off of my "Egg white Cervical Mucus" when isaw that when i wipped when i went to the bathroom, i knew it was time to get down and BD! good luck hun!

Little J, I just went potty and there was a lot of cervical mucus. Does that mean I am ovulating or I'm about to?:shrug:

No news here...no BFPs since my MC in March, and beginning to wonder if it will ever happen again. :nope: I'm surrounded by PG people - family, friends, and coworkers...and it honestly bothers me a bit to feel left out and wanting it so badly. Still using OPKs and plugging away...negative one yesterday, but tons of EWCM, so am a little confused. Need to BD anyway!!

OPKs worked for me...my first cycle using them, we only BDed on the positive OPK day and I got my BFP. They're great for when you're busy or traveling for work, as DH and I couldn't BD much that month! (He is military.) Haven't worked since though...! I get my positive, but not a BFP....? If they're not working for you, I'd temp or go by CM!!

Little J, I just went potty and there was a lot of cervical mucus. Does that mean I am ovulating or I'm about to?:shrug:

if its the EWCM then YES, but its its the normal CM (lotion looking/creamy white) then no....

before i got pregnant my Dr. told me to do it every other day or every 2 days to cover my bases bc sperm can live up to 3 days (minimum) in your uterus.

No news here...no BFPs since my MC in March, and beginning to wonder if it will ever happen again. :nope: I'm surrounded by PG people - family, friends, and coworkers...and it honestly bothers me a bit to feel left out and wanting it so badly. Still using OPKs and plugging away...negative one yesterday, but tons of EWCM, so am a little confused. Need to BD anyway!!

OPKs worked for me...my first cycle using them, we only BDed on the positive OPK day and I got my BFP. They're great for when you're busy or traveling for work, as DH and I couldn't BD much that month! (He is military.) Haven't worked since though...! I get my positive, but not a BFP....? If they're not working for you, I'd temp or go by CM!!

i know its hard to do this but stay positive hun. What helped me at the time of when i went thru my early MC's was i watch a show on the Discovery channel the series called "Curiosity: life before birth" and its shocking HOW difficult it actually is to get pregnant. There are SOOO manye obsitcles in the way for the sperm and if fertilization happens, soooo many more obsticles for the baby to survive past the 1st trimester. (did you know that if you planned out BDing perfectly with Ov, that only 6 sperm make it to try and fertlize the egg... out of 1/4 billion! its crazy how PERFECT things need to be for things to happen) it truely is a miracle

Mrs. Clark and LittleJ, so glad things are going well for you! And Hope, I completely understand how you're feeling. It was so easy for us to get pregnant the first time too and it's overwhelming and so discouraging that it's taking so long the second time.

I went to a RE for the first time yesterday and after my scan, she decided that my best bet would be to go ahead and do an IUI this cycle. DH is there now doing his part and I'm about to head over there for the procedure. FX that this is the help we need!

I just found out yesterday i miscarried. I was 5wks :/ I know an early miscarriage can be a blessing in secret but every preggo thing i see makes me mad :/ the doc said im good to go to try again but im just blahh. how long will it be until a pos test? i havent even bleed so no idea when ill ovulate.

I just found out yesterday i miscarried. I was 5wks :/ I know an early miscarriage can be a blessing in secret but every preggo thing i see makes me mad :/ the doc said im good to go to try again but im just blahh. how long will it be until a pos test? i havent even bleed so no idea when ill ovulate.

im sorry hun, both my early MC i was 5 weeks along as well. I went off of my EWCM for ov, and noticed both times i oved later than normal, but i felt pregnant again with both before a normal AF. They say you can be more "fertile" after an early MC.

I hope this is the case for you so you can get back to being pregnant again and looking forward to being a mommy. :hugs:

Mrs. Clark and LittleJ, so glad things are going well for you! And Hope, I completely understand how you're feeling. It was so easy for us to get pregnant the first time too and it's overwhelming and so discouraging that it's taking so long the second time.

I went to a RE for the first time yesterday and after my scan, she decided that my best bet would be to go ahead and do an IUI this cycle. DH is there now doing his part and I'm about to head over there for the procedure. FX that this is the help we need!

Ill be thinking about u!! i hope this is the answer you and your hubby needs! Goodluck hun! Keep us posted as time goes on! :hugs:

im sorry hun, both my early MC i was 5 weeks along as well. I went off of my EWCM for ov, and noticed both times i oved later than normal, but i felt pregnant again with both before a normal AF. They say you can be more "fertile" after an early MC.

I hope this is the case for you so you can get back to being pregnant again and looking forward to being a mommy. :hugs:

ive heard about being more fertile too so praying! question- what is EWCM lol..i so can't figure out the abvs

EWCM= Egg white cervical mucus. YOu get this when your just about to ovulate. they say when its most abundant your ovulating. Its honestly clear, and stringy like an egg white would be. If you put it inbetween you fingers its slippery feeling and can stretch if you seperate your fingers.

Its actually kinda cool bc it helps the sperm swim better and survive longer. prior and after this EWCM you will have a "sticky" lotion/cream looking discharge which makes the sperm harder to swim.

Try an opk to help you see when you are ovulating. I fell pregnant immediately after my mc on 2/11. Now that cycle was longer by 4 days. :hugs: For you and I hope you get your bfp soon

I am coming along good. I wish you were doing better :cry: I can tell this you this. I have a friend who has had a hard time getting pregnant after she gave birth to her first son and she done the ivf and it was successful. I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed for you and I hope you get your bfp soon :hugs: Don't lose faith sweetheart, god will take care of you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->