TTC #1 @ age 20 and no luck so far, HELP!

SarahMartinez

Pregnant 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hello ladies, I have been on the forum for my past 4 cycles and have finally joined :haha: I am 20 years old and happily married, he is the man of my dreams and we are so excited to start a family of our own. The husband and I have been TTC for the past 4 cycles with no luck, :growlmad: I am sad that it is taking me so long, now i know that it takes an average of 6-12 months but I am so impatient and feel my age should be helping my 25% chance every month. We have tried many of the combinations like preseed, softcups, and robitussin (eeewww) with all :bfn: at the end of my cycle. I have a 26-28 cycle length and am praying for a :bfp:this month which would make that the 5th cycle. I was wondering if there are any other young woman out there TTC and what is your journey?:kiss::dust: to us all :hugs::hugs:

hi sarah, im 21 started ttc #1 in january of this year. i also thought it would be really easy with being so young but no! my cycles are around 30 days and i too hope that this is the month! feels like forever! im currently in the tww. we have tried the smep, opks, all sorts of vitamins, preseed, relaxing, but no luck yet! xx

Hi Sarah, I'm 24, and I just thought it was interesting that we live very close to each other! :) My hubby and I have been trying to conceive our first since December 2011 with no luck. I have irregular cycles and am charting temperatures, taking Mucinex, and using PreSeed.

Hi Sarah,

Im 23 about to be 24 in 2 weeks :)
Hubby and I started TTC in mid June of this year,
Im still not prego :nope:
I thought it wasnt going to take that long but little did I know,
plus for the last couple of months AF has been very irregular which doesnt help..

Hi Ladies,

I'm not currently TTC but thought I would share my experience :)

For about 4-5 cycles at the beggining of the year I was tracking and TTC with no luck. My cycles went from being very regular to all over the place because I was so stressed and wanted to fall pregnant so badly! Then my partner and I chose a wedding date and so we stopped trying, the next month I fell pregnant!! Unfortunatly it ended in a miscarriage last week :(

My advise is to take it easy, dont stress about it (I know this is very hard though) and enjoy it!! :-D
Good Luck!! xxx

Forgot to add I'm 22 :) so I thought I would fall pregnant straight away and really easily aswell.......which I did once I stopped trying haha!!

I am 24 and have been ttc for almost 7 months. Using opks now to detect LH surge (which i had +ve yesterday) so hoping this will help and ease any pressure we both feel. We have been married 2 years next week and there a lot of questions from the family if we are having children yet, but no-one knows we are trying. Want it to be a surprise if/when it happens. :shrug:

Hey! I am 25...so not that young haha. This will be my 2nd month ttc. I'm down it never happened the first month. I wanted to start trying sooner but my husband thought we would get pregnant right away....looks like he was wrong lol. We have been married for 4 years :)

Hi ladies, mind if i join? Im 26 married since 9/2011 started trying right away ...sooo almost a yr :( no luck. Hope we all get our bfp soon! Praying for all of us gl ladies and god bless!! :)

Hi Sarah!
I'm 23 and currently nearing the end of my 4th tww. My OH is an all natural let nature take its course guy and I am slightly ttc crazy. We've been trying his way but this is our first month trying smep and using opks. Only 4 days to go!
I also thought it would be easy which has caused stress and late af's. This month I'm much more relaxed.
Good luck to all of us :)

Hi ladies, how are you all today? What cycle days are you all on?

Today, I'm CD16. My temperature shot way up this morning, but I had a very rough night because my dog kept whining and crying to be let out of her cage, so I got up constantly. Because my cycles are so irregular, I have no idea if this temperature spike attributes to the restless night or ovulation. I'm very frustrated about the whole thing. :(

Hello :hugs:
I can really sympathise with you, you'd think being young your DH would only have to look at you and you'd fall pregnant. Unfortunately it doesn't always seem to be the case. But as you said, you've only had 4 cycles so far, and you have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle, as long as you catch around the right time. Have you been charting or temping at all?

I'm 21, I have TTC previously for 8 months with no luck :( I took a break and now I'm back for my first cycle this time around. Really hoping it won't be long until we see a BFP!

ETA to answer Fizzyfefe's question. I'm on CD3 :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

I'm not currently TTC but thought I would share my experience :)

For about 4-5 cycles at the beggining of the year I was tracking and TTC with no luck. My cycles went from being very regular to all over the place because I was so stressed and wanted to fall pregnant so badly! Then my partner and I chose a wedding date and so we stopped trying, the next month I fell pregnant!! Unfortunatly it ended in a miscarriage last week :(

My advise is to take it easy, dont stress about it (I know this is very hard though) and enjoy it!! :-D
Good Luck!! xxx

Im sorry for your loss.:hugs: Must be tough. A very good friend of mine just went through that. It devasted her. :cry:

I try not to worry about and just relax and enjoy when DH and I DTD. :blush: I just wish AF was more regular. It would make me feel more comfortable and I can relax more.

Hi all!
So good to hear from other young women going through the same thing as me. I'm 22 (married for 3 months) and came off birth control in march this year. Currently on my 6th cycle, but only 3rd month of trying. Like you all I thought ''early 20s - no problem, will be pregnant ASAP!'' And although it hasn't been long the stress of it all is starting to take its toll. Before bc I always had a regular cycle and my last 4 after birth control were normal, the stress/excitement of trying to conceive last month somehow induced an early period even though I ovulated around my normal time so ended up having a 24 day cycle. Now it seems this month I won't ovulate at all... been having negative OPKs even though I should ovulate on Monday based on my usual 30 day cycle.

My heart goes out to all you ladies as I know how you feel. We all think it will be so easy in our 20s especially when old school friends (facebook stalking!) seem to be popping them out left right and centre always by 'accident' and us ladies are desperately trying!

I wish you all lots of baby dust! My fingers are crossed for you! X

Hi ladies

I am 25 and I have been married 3 months, I wanted to have a baby as soon as we got married but I was on the depo, I am just on my first period since then so I am hoping that if I do ovulation tests from here on in I can see when it happens.

So amazing that we are all such similar ages and stories (not sure if I am the only uk)

Big hugs to all

Helloo lovelies! :kiss:

I'm 25, from Melbourne, Australia. Been TTC since my birthday in July.. Like alot of you girls I thought it would be like BAM! pregnant, after the first go; we even got excited about having an Aries baby and planned all this stuff out, but my partner and I don't seem to be that lucky. This month I took digital OPKs to find out when I ovulate and apparently I have a short luteal phase, as I ovulated on CD 22.

From reading and speaking to alot of girls who tried and tried to fall pregnant, they all said the same thing... Just let it go and let nature take its course. Stop stressing and obsessing and one day it will happen. Easier said than done though! :cry:

Wishing you all the best of luck and hope to hear some good news real soon!

Hey Ladies. I am 23 and my husband is 21 and we have been trying for 5 months now. I am due to test in 6 days so fingers crossed. My friend who is the same age as me started trying 2 months ago and told me yesterday she is preggo, fell first month. I cried so much but not I am alright. Just hope it happens for me, and all of you soon.

I am in Sydney Australia

Hey Ladies. I am 23 and my husband is 21 and we have been trying for 5 months now. I am due to test in 6 days so fingers crossed. My friend who is the same age as me started trying 2 months ago and told me yesterday she is preggo, fell first month. I cried so much but not I am alright. Just hope it happens for me, and all of you soon.

I am in Sydney Australia

:hugs:
It's so disheartening when people who weren't even trying when you started get pregnant before you!

I am in Sydney Australia

I know how you feel. My friend got pregnant her first month and they just decided not to prevent it and see what happens. I bawled my eyes out. Now she's almost done her first trimester and Im still trying :/ we just have to stay positive. Fingers crossed for your testing. I'm testing tomorrow...

hi sarah, im 21 started ttc #1 in january of this year. i also thought it would be really easy with being so young but no! my cycles are around 30 days and i too hope that this is the month! feels like forever! im currently in the tww. we have tried the smep, opks, all sorts of vitamins, preseed, relaxing, but no luck yet! xx

She is am starting to get so stressed out. I thought it would he so mug easier than it really is. I am abbout to start the TWW so fingers are crossed. I send good luck and much sticky dust your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->