TTC #1 @ age 20 and no luck so far, HELP!

Hi Sarah, I'm 24, and I just thought it was interesting that we live very close to each other! :) My hubby and I have been trying to conceive our first since December 2011 with no luck. I have irregular cycles and am charting temperatures, taking Mucinex, and using PreSeed.
It's very nice to meet you. We do live close, how exciting. we might have to get together some time. Or maybe exchange personal emails. And congrats on you new marriage and TTC #1. I love preseed. It is sug a help some times sort if tmi. Lol I hope you get your BFP soon. Sticky baby dust to you.

Hi Sarah,

Im 23 about to be 24 in 2 weeks :)
Hubby and I started TTC in mid June of this year,
Im still not prego :nope:
I thought it wasnt going to take that long but little did I know,
plus for the last couple of months AF has been very irregular which doesnt help..

See it is taking so long and I'm getting so impatient. I hope you get your BFP soon :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm not currently TTC but thought I would share my experience :)

For about 4-5 cycles at the beggining of the year I was tracking and TTC with no luck. My cycles went from being very regular to all over the place because I was so stressed and wanted to fall pregnant so badly! Then my partner and I chose a wedding date and so we stopped trying, the next month I fell pregnant!! Unfortunatly it ended in a miscarriage last week :(

My advise is to take it easy, dont stress about it (I know this is very hard though) and enjoy it!! :-D
Good Luck!! xxx
I'm so sorry to hear about your lose. I'm trying very hard to relax. Have sort of gave up this month so we will see what happens. I hope you have an amazing weddig and I send sticky baby dust your way for the future. :baby:

I am 24 and have been ttc for almost 7 months. Using opks now to detect LH surge (which i had +ve yesterday) so hoping this will help and ease any pressure we both feel. We have been married 2 years next week and there a lot of questions from the family if we are having children yet, but no-one knows we are trying. Want it to be a surprise if/when it happens. :shrug:

I am trying to keep it a little simple by using preeseed and softcups which I am no longer using. Know one k owe I am either and am so glad I found this forum to talk wig you all. See it is hard to concieve I am a fraternal twin myself and my hole family seems to sneeze and they become pregnant. I am hoping we get our :baby: BFP soon.

Hey! I am 25...so not that young haha. This will be my 2nd month ttc. I'm down it never happened the first month. I wanted to start trying sooner but my husband thought we would get pregnant right away....looks like he was wrong lol. We have been married for 4 years :)

I hope you get your BFP soon. I'm glad you seem to be relaxed about it. I cried so much our first month when I got my BFN after Bering 8 days late. Am keeping my head up though. Sensing baby dust your way :baby:

Hi ladies, how are you all today? What cycle days are you all on?

Today, I'm CD16. My temperature shot way up this morning, but I had a very rough night because my dog kept whining and crying to be let out of her cage, so I got up constantly. Because my cycles are so irregular, I have no idea if this temperature spike attributes to the restless night or ovulation. I'm very frustrated about the whole thing. :(

I'm ovulating today:blush:. So happy. Had a nice weekend vacation wig the hubby so got plently of bd in. Lol am very excited to se if this is the month. Try not to get frustrated I know is hard because I often find myself a little on edge. But just relax and enjoy it :cloud9:

Hello :hugs:
I can really sympathise with you, you'd think being young your DH would only have to look at you and you'd fall pregnant. Unfortunately it doesn't always seem to be the case. But as you said, you've only had 4 cycles so far, and you have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle, as long as you catch around the right time. Have you been charting or temping at all?

I'm 21, I have TTC previously for 8 months with no luck :( I took a break and now I'm back for my first cycle this time around. Really hoping it won't be long until we see a BFP!

ETA to answer Fizzyfefe's question. I'm on CD3 :thumbup:

I am not charting temperature but examining my cervical mucas. If not this month I will start charting temp. As soon as I learn exactly how to do it lol. Good luck to you. I suggest trying preseed. It is very nice and helps with any hostile cervical mucas.

Hi all!
So good to hear from other young women going through the same thing as me. I'm 22 (married for 3 months) and came off birth control in march this year. Currently on my 6th cycle, but only 3rd month of trying. Like you all I thought ''early 20s - no problem, will be pregnant ASAP!'' And although it hasn't been long the stress of it all is starting to take its toll. Before bc I always had a regular cycle and my last 4 after birth control were normal, the stress/excitement of trying to conceive last month somehow induced an early period even though I ovulated around my normal time so ended up having a 24 day cycle. Now it seems this month I won't ovulate at all... been having negative OPKs even though I should ovulate on Monday based on my usual 30 day cycle.

My heart goes out to all you ladies as I know how you feel. We all think it will be so easy in our 20s especially when old school friends (facebook stalking!) seem to be popping them out left right and centre always by 'accident' and us ladies are desperately trying!

I wish you all lots of baby dust! My fingers are crossed for you! X
Thank you so much for this. I feel the exact same way. My best friend just had a beautiful baby and al ky friends have a bump!!! I wish you the best and hope you get your BFP soon. Sticky dust to you. :baby:

Hi ladies

I am 25 and I have been married 3 months, I wanted to have a baby as soon as we got married but I was on the depo, I am just on my first period since then so I am hoping that if I do ovulation tests from here on in I can see when it happens.

So amazing that we are all such similar ages and stories (not sure if I am the only uk)

Big hugs to all

Yay UK!!! I wish you the best. I hope the pols work for you. I am going to try those next month if I don't get my BFP. Sticky dust to you.

Alright ladies... an update for you all:happydance:. I have recently returned from a nice weekend away with the husband. Am hoping that is what we needed to concieve our first. Am O today or tomorrow so have gotten out BD in lol. Have been feeling a little sick these past two days. Headache, stomache aches, cramps.hoping I'm not getting sick but just ovulating. Dreading the TWW ahead but hoping this is the month. I have tries to reply to all of your posts. I hope you all see my replies. Many thanks to you all, all over the world for your thoughts and wishes. Hope you all get your BFP soon:kiss:

I can really sympathise with you, you'd think being young your DH would only have to look at you and you'd fall pregnant. Unfortunately it doesn't always seem to be the case. But as you said, you've only had 4 cycles so far, and you have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle, as long as you catch around the right time. Have you been charting or temping at all?

I'm 21, I have TTC previously for 8 months with no luck :( I took a break and now I'm back for my first cycle this time around. Really hoping it won't be long until we see a BFP!

I am not charting temperature but examining my cervical mucas. If not this month I will start charting temp. As soon as I learn exactly how to do it lol. Good luck to you. I suggest trying preseed. It is very nice and helps with any hostile cervical mucas.

Hi ladies, how are you all today? What cycle days are you all on?

Today, I'm CD16. My temperature shot way up this morning, but I had a very rough night because my dog kept whining and crying to be let out of her cage, so I got up constantly. Because my cycles are so irregular, I have no idea if this temperature spike attributes to the restless night or ovulation. I'm very frustrated about the whole thing. :(

I'm ovulating today:blush:. So happy. Had a nice weekend vacation wig the hubby so got plently of bd in. Lol am very excited to se if this is the month. Try not to get frustrated I know is hard because I often find myself a little on edge. But just relax and enjoy it :cloud9:

Thanks sweet :hugs:
Temping really helped me to understand when I was O'ing, as I found it was much later than I had originally though! Even with having lots of EWCM. This month I'm starting to use Conceive Plus :thumbup:

Thanks sweet :hugs:
Temping really helped me to understand when I was O'ing, as I found it was much later than I had originally though! Even with having lots of EWCM. This month I'm starting to use Conceive Plus :thumbup:
So I know you take your temp in the morning but when exactly do you know your ovulating after temping?

You don't at first to be honest. You can only predict when it will be from past charts, some people I think have a pre-ovulation dip in temperatures. The after O, you will look for 3 constantly high temperatures and then you will know when you've O'd... Using online charts will help you predict :thumbup:

I am 21 and I am trying to have my first baby too. As many of the other women in this forum I was hoping my young age would be a huge gateway to easy conception. however, 2 months later it is a fail. I live with my boyfriend and my sister and her two kids. I would love to make some friends :)

Hello! My name is Amanda and I'm 22 years old. I got married May of this year. My husband(26) and I are on are second month TTC. He thought it would happen right away on our first cycle trying. I've tried not to stress about getting pregnant, but my job is extremely stressful and my hours are unpredictable. Sometimes I'll have 35 hours in a week, sometimes 65 hours. I have a pretty regular cycle, however last month it was 26 days instead of 28.

I can totally relate to the frustration. I figured since I'm young and healthy it should be easy. Good luck to everyone!!

hey ladies! I got my first 'real' positive opk when using clearblue. Got my smiley face yesterday evening..slightly worried though as its day 21 in what usually is a 30 day cycle. Far too short.. I hope this month if I don't conceive my cycle is longer like 35 so I know my luteal phase is normal. Not 100% sure when I ovulated in the past few months as I was using cheap opks. Not getting my hopes up for a BFP just want a normal luteal phase!! Lots of baby dust to you all! X

See it is taking so long and I'm getting so impatient. I hope you get your BFP soon :)

Thanks!! I get sad when people that already have 4 or 5 kids get pregnant when they are not even trying. Makes me a bit mad. :growlmad: Best thing to do is relax and enjoy it. Easier said than done, right!! I hope you get a BFP very soon also!! Lots of baby dust!! :dust::dust:

Hi Sarah :)
I am 19, hubby and I have been together for 5 years just recently married since June 2012. We have been trying since the month we got married. I was on the depo shot at age 14 because of heavy irregular periods, I got off it August 2011, got a normal cycle June 2012. So far so good on normal cycles they range from 26-30 days. I have been using OPK's still haven't had a positive (probably not taking them right), temping, charting and thats about it. I think I am going to buy the softcups next cycle if this one isnt a BFP. I am currently cycle day 17, not sure if I ovulated because I have never gotten a positive OPK. My husband is 22, we recently just moved an hour and a half away from home to start his job. I am a stay at home wife :/ sadly to say I would much rather be a stay at home mom :) But were given our cards so that isn't happening yet..

FX and baby dust to all of you ladies out there! Hope we all get out BFP's soon :) I know I sure cannot wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->