TTC #1 and Lose some weight ideas

AshNAmber

Loving our Baby Boy
Reaction score
So I'm a bit over weight and I know that can take a toll on the TTC department and giving its already hard enough to get a :bfp: I'm trying to get my body together as well.. I already gave up on caffeine and giving up on the junk food.. But now I'd like to start working out.. Anyone have some thoughts on what would be ok to do without stressing out my body to much? I was thinking maybe I'll start walking everyday for about an hour and go from there..

I agree, i'm actually on the same boat trying to get my body healthier. i'm walking more some running and not on a diet but eating less of what i normally would that way i'm not depriving myself of anything and go on a binge.

I do 30 minute at home workouts and focus on eating clean and it seems to be working. I'm doing this workout called the 21 day fix and it has these portion containers that have taught me how much of what to eat. It's made it so simple for me, I can't wait to keep it going through my pregnancy. :)

21 day fix?? I'm going to have to look into that.. I have such will power issues.. Especially since the holidays just ended and I still have all these left overs.. I mean I hate to throw a pie away right :shy: :haha:

If you're TTC I wouldn't restrict calories or food groups - just try to eat healthily, lots of food and veg and good proportions of food groups. Also do lots of low impact exercise ie walking, swimming etc. These exercises would also be great stress relievers and can help you to feel more relaxed and well - a definite bonus as TTC can get stressful. :)

High Protein ,low carb diet is best for fertility its not recommended to completly cut carbs from your diet but eliminate sugar and white/refined carbs. this is what I am trying in preparation for my final IUI.

High Protein, Low Carb Diets Greatly Improve Fertility

May 6, 2013

New Orleans, LA -- A diet rich in proteins appears to have a pronounced positive effect on fertility, according to new research presented today at the Annual Clinical Meeting of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments who consumed high levels of protein and low levels of carbohydrates had better quality eggs and embryos.

Research led by Jeffrey B. Russell, MD, at the Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine (DIRM) in Newark, showed that patients whose daily protein intake was 25% or more of their diet and whose carbohydrate intake was 40% or less of their diet had four times the pregnancy rates of patients who ate less protein and more carbs daily before and during IVF cycles.

“Protein is essential for good quality embryos and better egg quality, it turns out,” said Dr. Russell. Between January 2010 and December 2011, 120 patients participating in an assisted-reproduction therapy program at DIRM completed a three-day nutritional log and had an embryo transfer. The diet diaries revealed that 48 patients had an average daily protein intake greater than 25% vs. 72% who had less than 25%. No differences were found in body mass index (BMI) in either group.

Embryo development was assessed after five days of culture or at the blastocyst stage. An increased blastocyst formation was found in 54.3% of patients whose daily protein intake was greater than 25% vs. 38% blastocyst formation in patients whose daily protein intake was less than 25%. The pregnancy rate was also significantly improved in patients with greater than 25% daily protein intake (66.6 % vs. 31.9%).

Dr. Russell pointed out that although BMI is implicated in reduced fertility, he had been seeing poor quality embryos among thin and healthy women. This made him want to take a closer look. After patients filled out their nutritional logs, Dr. Russell was surprised to see a large percentage of the women eating more than 60% carbs each day and 10% (or less) protein. These diets were associated with poor quality embryos.

Dr. Russell now requires patients to eat 25% to 35% protein and 40% or less carbs for three months before allowing them to begin their IVF cycles. His colleagues have also begun doing the same, he said.
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803821

ok so low carbs and high protein it is... I can do that.. :happydance:

I would suggest Vinyasa Yoga. I love it and it is a great way to tone up and burn calories. I'm a total yoga nerd but it's still fun for beginners. They have online webinars or you can take a class (which I highly recommend) because you get feed back and are taught to do things safely. Also, great for stress management.

Thanks for sharing all these suggestions!! :) :)
I would say yoga!! (Benefit for BD too lol)
Here are some other suggestions
I think go to bed earlier can also help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"