TTC #1 and over 30

:hi: Lillytame I agree it is nice to speak to ladies of a similar age it is hard to relate with some that are so much younger at times!

Good luck girls charts all looking good - Luna the dip isn't below the cover line so try not to worry too much :hugs:

AFM - 15dpo no sign of the :witch: but I still think she is going to get me so still holding off I just feel like I will get my hopes up test and then she will show so just waiting it out really :shrug: see what the week brings

I was once 5 days late and when I decided to take the test, :witch: showed her face so I understand your hesitance, twag. It can be so heartbreaking.

Exactly this is what I fear so I am just waiting it out :coffee: I firgure the longer it is the better the result especially as she is always on time :shrug: but I do not want to tempt fate! and what will be will be I guess nothing I can do to change it now too late :wacko:

Good luck girls 2013 BFP's are coming your way :dust:

So a quick poll: When do you test?

I'm on a couple POAS addict threads :blush: because I was expecting to want to test asap but here at 3-4dpo, I'm quite calm and am actually not looking forward to testing just because I don't think this is my month :nope:. The other issue with testing early is I want to avoid knowing that I had a chemical. I would hate to test positive early and then a week later negative. Has that ever happened to anyone? I've just read that chemicals happen in the first couple weeks and are somewhat common.

That happened to me 1st month ttc I tested a day early 10dpo got a bfp then by 13dpo gone :( (11day LP)
So now I will never test early I am 15dpo today no sign of AF but still not tempted to test & I am 4 days late & always on time

Some people can handle the POAS addiction & still be ok seeing bfn that keeps them calm I am not one of those people

:hugs:

I don't test until after AF is due because of all the issues brought up. Even now, at 10 dpo, I am not remotely thinking of testing until next week. I can't handle the stark white bfn. But I've also been trying for over a yr and find it harder and harder to have AF show.

I think I'm getting a head cold now. :(

My testing varies from not at all to starting at 11dpo - I've been convinced before that I was pg and totally shocked at the stark white bfn. Have learned better now and plan to try to wait until ff tells me to test (1st day of missed period - 14 dpo (I have a 12-13 day lp). I'm 9 dpo...not at all tempted yet! But I also think I'm out this month because of lack of what I imagine would be my symptoms. Who the heck knows though!

Luna - :hugs: AF sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LillyTame - hello! :wave: I don't test very often, and never before 12dpo or 13dpo. Like Luna and baking, I don't want to face a stark white BFN - so now I don't want to test till AF is late (and even when it's late, I'm still too scared to test!)

I hope I can be as strong as you ladies and not test till AF is due or later. At the very earliest I wont test till 10dpo :thumbup: Ok...maybe 9dpo :dohh:

Luna - noooooooooooooooo!! Are u sure it is :witch: and not spotting????

Lillyt-thread rule is no testing before 12dpo!! :)

How's everyone doing?

i was addicted to the strips until this cycle and i've seriously backed off even testing for ovulation. we've been taking it super easy this time - hardly even done any :sex: so it'd be silly to bother testing this time anyway.

i intro-ed myself on here ages ago i think, then lost track of the thread, but i'm looking for a group like this. i hope it is ok that i am somewhat randomly piping up now. i've had two losses and have been trying for two years. i am trying for child #1 and am 34.

i really have been getting pretty down about the whole thing lately. this cycle is ridiculously long and it is my third cycle on clomid - so it kinda looks like the stuff isnt working for me and may even be having an adverse effect on ovulation if that's possible.

i recently starting seeing a repoductive endicrinologist. i'm happy the doctor is on the case but i'll be paying out of pocket for his services, so though i could call up and ask for meds to speed up af's arrival, i'm in no rush. i have to figure out how to pay for a saline sonogram as that and hsg are planned for the coming cycle. i'm supposed to call and set up appointments cd2ish and who knows when it will come. i had like one spot today - weird - it didnt really seem like the start of af. i am hoping it was ovulation, even that may be wishful thinking. sorry so long winded :)

@Veganlilly

What, what, what?! :saywhat: Somebody please *whisper* :help:

Lol...ok...I will try to abide by the thread rule :blush:

Um, are there any other rules I should know about :haha:

Hi horseypants - like the name :winkwink:

Welcome back to the thread! And best of luck on your journey :dust:
I noticed how long your cycle is...I got frustrated just looking! Sending you lots of patience hun :flower:

Lillyt-nope that's the only "rule!" If you break it we will still love you but don't do it!!

Welcome back horseyp!

Luna, I'm so sorry. Do I remember you have a hsg this cycle? I hope that helps you, I hear wonderful things about people getting preggo after it.

Welcome back, horeseypants!

Lillyt-nope that's the only "rule!" If you break it we will still love you but don't do it!!

Welcome back horseyp!

I think we've all broken it at one point or another. ;) Or at least I have back in the day. :)

i was addicted to the strips until this cycle and i've seriously backed off even testing for ovulation. we've been taking it super easy this time - hardly even done any :sex: so it'd be silly to bother testing this time anyway.

i intro-ed myself on here ages ago i think, then lost track of the thread, but i'm looking for a group like this. i hope it is ok that i am somewhat randomly piping up now. i've had two losses and have been trying for two years. i am trying for child #1 and am 34.

i really have been getting pretty down about the whole thing lately. this cycle is ridiculously long and it is my third cycle on clomid - so it kinda looks like the stuff isnt working for me and may even be having an adverse effect on ovulation if that's possible.

i recently starting seeing a repoductive endicrinologist. i'm happy the doctor is on the case but i'll be paying out of pocket for his services, so though i could call up and ask for meds to speed up af's arrival, i'm in no rush. i have to figure out how to pay for a saline sonogram as that and hsg are planned for the coming cycle. i'm supposed to call and set up appointments cd2ish and who knows when it will come. i had like one spot today - weird - it didnt really seem like the start of af. i am hoping it was ovulation, even that may be wishful thinking. sorry so long winded :)

I hope the RE helps you, horsey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->