TTC #1 and over 30

zp - Yay for camping :happydance: Stress can definitely throw your O off...

Lily - exciting! Give us an update when you have it :hugs:

Hi Lilly410!

AFM - had a horrible consult at the local fertility clinic on Monday with a completely unsympathetic rude doc (have been in a very grumpy mood every since). Signed up for the IVF info session (next available date May 30!) and went on the waitlist, but not sure if I want to get treatment there. I might give them another chance, as we have a follow-up appt on May 1.
Other than that, running from one test to the other again - more bloodwork for me, ultrasound for follicle counts etc next week; more bloodwork, ultrasounds and a specialized SA (an actual IVF ICSI prep to see if there is enough) for DH.
I am getting exhausted :coffee:

Dang, Auca, that is quite a list of tests! I hope some of them actually help you get some answers.

Lily, I hope you caught that eggy!

Hiya, lilly!

AFM, my body is still completely in denial that it needs to shed its lining so we can finally begin these injections so I'm just having a bunch of birth control withdrawal symptoms - bitchiness and cramping. Just trying to will it along.

Baking - hope you feel better soon!

Lilly410-welcome! Thread rule is no testing til 12dpo...but we've all broken the rule before!

Auca - I say find a new doc - I definitely wouldn't stick with one I wasn't comfortable with - this is all so important to you and hubby and IMO you need to feel really comfortable with your medical team. That said if you think transitioning will result in extende delays it may be worth just grinning and bearing it. Good luck whatever you choose :hugs:

Twag - you're a few dpo - how you feeling?

SA results look great - 65% motility (they want to see at least 50%) with good count so between that and my HSG results we're feeling relatively optimistic that we can make this thing happen - it may take clomid and/or IUI but we're going to stick with natural until at least June (after a big vacation).

Happy Thursday ladies - who else is ready for the weekend?!

Glad to hear the SA results were good, Lily! :)

AF is trying to show up this afternoon, I can feel it and I know my body. Just get here already!

How are you lovely ladies doing? :)

AF managed to show up on Thursday and is still around. Did my first injection on Fri night and that went great. :) Not too many side effects so far. Shots are super easy to give and feel like a pinch. Liking the tiny super sharp needles.

u/s on Monday (third Monday in a row I see my RE - it's becoming our thing) to check follicles.

Happy Easter everyone!

Lilly410 - hello! I agree with veganlily - try to wait till you're at 12 dpo for testing!

AuCa - oh no, a rude doctor is the worst! It's already so hard to go and see them about a problem and that just doesn't help at all! Is it possible to ask the centre if you can see a different doctor?

Lily - yay for good SA results!!

Baking - glad that your body finally cooperated and that you got to start the injections. Hope you got lots of follicles :)

AFM, I got a letter last week from the fertility centre inviting me to an IVF patient information evening on Wednesday 3 April!! Hubby convinced me to go snowboarding for a few days over Easter (may as well since I'm still not pregnant!) so I've been trying to eat lots of snacks to make up for it! Hope I didn't lose any weight!

Hi all 😄

I was just wondering anyone that had the hsg test was your period different after it?

Xx

AFM, I got a letter last week from the fertility centre inviting me to an IVF patient information evening on Wednesday 3 April!! Hubby convinced me to go snowboarding for a few days over Easter (may as well since I'm still not pregnant!) so I've been trying to eat lots of snacks to make up for it! Hope I didn't lose any weight!

:thumbup::happydance::happydance:
Do you know how the process works? Do you still need to go for a consult after that, or are you ready for IVF right away? Is there a waitlist?
That's very exciting. Hopefully it'll go well!

We can't really switch docs easily because he is the "male infertility" focus doc. I believe all the other ones are female-focused (which makes no sense to me since it's statistically 50/50, but oh well).

Hello ladies!

Goldfish-yay for starting the process! I hope your info session tomorrow goes well and you leave feeling optimistic and reassured!

Auca-that must be so hard for you to work with a rude doctor and feel stuck with him. It must be hard to trust he has your best interests at heart...Still, don't let that stop you from getting what you want and need out of your appointments!

BakingBabe- glad to hear the injections are no big deal for you. How are you follicles looking? Did they smile for the camera?!:winkwink::loopy:

VeganLilly-awesome news on the SA results! I'm sending :dust: your way so you don't have to do Clomid/IUI in June!!

Wel.. I"m sending :dust: to all of you ladies of course!!

AFM, I have no idea what's happening with my body! The temp goes up and down, up and down...I'm guessing anovulatory cycle....But then I can't predict when (or if) I'll get my period and when I'll O next...It's weird to be in limbo after charting a few months and knowing exactly when things were going to happen...I'm not stressed out though, I'm more intrigued about how this will resolve itself...It's also not a big deal and DH and I took a break this month, so I don't feel that we BD'ed for nothing since we didn't BD anyways....:dohh:

ZP, I had 5 follicles at the first appt yesterday. They were all under 10mm. He wants 20 mm in order to do the IUI so they need to keep growing. We have another u/s on Thursday. :)

Sorry your body is not fully cooperating but I'm glad you aren't stressing about it.

AuCa - I'm lucky in that there's no waitlist in my hospital so that's why I've been able to get referred so quickly after my initial appt at the fertility centre. (also I qualified earlier because I have severe endometriosis). In terms of the process, I only know about the actual IVF bit (injections, egg collection, transfer etc) because I've done a bit of reading on it, but I'm not sure of the steps that happen before the actual injections start! Tomorrow night's info evening should tell us more, but I will definitely need a consult after that because I don't even know my blood test results yet...will keep you updated!

ZP - it's possible that you may still ovulate later in your cycle... I had an average O at day 14 (range 12-18), but I think this cycle I may have O at day 20? It's good that you're not stressed about it though :)

Baking - grow, follicles, grow!!!

AuCa - as promised, an update from my IVF patient info evening yesterday... There were about 50-60 couples (way more than I was expecting!), so the lecture room was really full and no one really spoke to other couples, so it was slightly awkward. There were 3 talks about the IVF process and statistics, and we left with a bunch of forms to fill out!

I've started a journal so hopefully I can update in more detail through there if you want to know more!

Thanks Goldfish! Just went to your journal too :happydance:

Good for you for moving forward, Gfish! I'll head over to your journal :hugs:

Baking - how's the follicle growth?

Acua - any updates on doctors, next steps?

Zp - any sight of o? If so, any bd?! ;)

Kel - you still with us here girl?

Luna and our successfully pg friends and former thread members - you still stalking us?!

AFM - on the second half of the 2ww which is my least favorite part of the month - I get tired and cranky and bloated and feel like I could be pregnant but then remind myself that I feel that way every time and need to be really careful not to get my hopes up...I have a lot of "symptoms" but I always do so keeping it old fashioned - will test Wednesday if my period doesn't show and trying hard not to before then. As I mentioned briefly in an earlier post our initial fertility testing looks good so we don't plan to move to IUI or even clomid until at least June.

Happy Friday ladies!

:dust: :dust:

Lily- Definitely still stalking even though I don't posting much.

I want to see each of your BFP.:hugs:

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"