TTC #1 and over 30

Veganlily and Goldfish, my best wishes for you in the next cycle, FX so we all can get our BFP!.

Hi there lilianita! Sorry about the BFN, I know what you mean - even though it's early you just *know* there should be something there if you were actually PG.

I've been surreptitiously testing for days (not even my man knows that!) but what I thought were shadows of light pink lines (man was I thrilled) have turned blank white and my temp has dropped so I know where this is going - AF will be here tomorrow. I was very much hoping to be one of those girls who gets pg right after an HSG but it hasn't happened. I really thought this might be it but I kept my hopes somewhat in check so I'm not totally devastated. This means blood testing and natural trying for me this month and then a late May vacation to Spain and France and when we get back, consideration of Clomid and IUI - so in all, 2 more natural cycles to go first and we'll do our best! Unless I get pg right before vacation (which could happen) it also means wine and sangria on vacation for me, so that's a nice silver lining.

How's everyone doing? :dust:

How long have you been TTC? I was on NTNP for about 3 years and now this was my first cycle after an HSG and clomid.

Oh baking I'm sorry. Maybe together with goldfish and lillianita we'll all have New Years 2014 babies instead?!

I've been actively trying for 1 year now - since march 2012. We were ntnp for a few months before that. I thought I'd have a babe in my arms by now...there are good aspects of it not having happened yet - time with hubby, major career development, a ton of travel, overall personal growth, become tighter with my family but...I'm ready for this thing to happen already! I'm resisting Clomid a couple cycles more - based on initial testing I feel like we should be able to make this thing happen. This ones been a tough cycle though - really hoped for an HSG miracle :(

Hang in there to all of us! :hugs:

Hi Ladies!

May I join this thread?

I'm 31 (32 in July). DH and I have been together for 10 years and married almost 5 years. We've been TTC #1 since March of 2012. I had a MC at around 6 weeks in December. That's all the BFP action we've seen since we started trying.

I have normal cycles that are approximately 30 days long. I do have a 10 day LP, which isn't so great, but it has been extended to 11 days the past two cycles since I started taking B-complex, cut back significantly on soy in my diet, and increased my exercise to 5-6 days a week. (not sure which is helping).

Anyway, I'd love to chat with other women who are 30 and up TTC #1. It seems we are in the minority on BnB.

Thanks Lily, it's very frustrating that it was cancelled but looking back it was the right decision that is allowing me not to go absolutely crazy during the tww wondering if we would have to reduce a pregnancy.

I'm sorry it's so hard lily :hugs: I totally understand the desire to have it happen naturally but I just wanted to say that I am positive that we would still be trying if not for the clomid. For me I think my issue was that I wasn't making good enough eggs and the clomid definitely helped with that.

Hi Ladies!

May I join this thread?

I'm 31 (32 in July). DH and I have been together for 10 years and married almost 5 years. We've been TTC #1 since March of 2012. I had a MC at around 6 weeks in December. That's all the BFP action we've seen since we started trying.

I have normal cycles that are approximately 30 days long. I do have a 10 day LP, which isn't so great, but it has been extended to 11 days the past two cycles since I started taking B-complex, cut back significantly on soy in my diet, and increased my exercise to 5-6 days a week. (not sure which is helping).

Anyway, I'd love to chat with other women who are 30 and up TTC #1. It seems we are in the minority on BnB.

Hi Lionchild, I am also new to this forum, it is really great. It feels so good to talk to people who understands all the rollercoaster of feelings that the TTC brings. You are welcome! :thumbup:

Thanks Lily, it's very frustrating that it was cancelled but looking back it was the right decision that is allowing me not to go absolutely crazy during the tww wondering if we would have to reduce a pregnancy.

So when was it schedule?

Glad you're doing ok baking. I was wondering about the risk of multiples! Hang in there - now they know how your body responds to the hormones maybe next month will be the one.

Hmmmm, Luna - something to ponder! I have a filled prescription literally sitting in my night side table. The cervical cancer link (only if it is unsuccessful and you never get pg - so no worries for you) makes me really nervous. Did your bloodwork show that your hormone levels or eggs weren't right? That's the one piece of testing I haven't done. I want to make sure there seems to be a medical reason for me taking it. Will do day 2 levels tomorrow and day 21 later this month. Will you let me know? Did you ovulate earlier? Have side effects (beyond twins!!)?

Lion - welcome!! We have somewhat similar stats though I've never had a true bfp (squinters this months and an unusually long lp that have me suspecting maybe a super early chemical). So sorry for your loss and you are most welcome here. Given that you now know you can get pregnant, I'm guessing your stay with us will be short and you'll be off to the 30 and expecting board before you know it! :hugs:

Have a good day, ladies!

Lily my doctor told me that the only possible link it has to cancer is if you take it more than 12 times in a lifetime and even then is based on some very outdated research. The month I took it I had to pee a lot for the first few days and wasn't drinking extra water so got a horrible headache but I was also getting over a cold so don't know how much of the headache was the clomid. Headache went away the day after my last dose then the only other side effect was a ridiculous amount of cm for the entire cycle which was great! I o'ed in cd14 which is right around where I normally do.

I had day 3 and 21 blood and everything was normal. So either the clomid gave me better eggs or I was just horribly unlucky the previous 15 times ;)

I'm sorry your IUI got canceled. It sounds like you have put a positive spin on it though. Are you going to have one scheduled for next cycle.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Luna, that's interesting about Clomid possibly helping with egg quality. I had never heard of that. Congrats on your BFP (even if it's a little late)!!

I'm sorry your IUI got canceled. It sounds like you have put a positive spin on it though. Are you going to have one scheduled for next cycle.

Yes, I have to spend the next two weeks on birth control to "reset" my body. I'll see my RE again the week after next and we'll check to see if the follicles are gone and then I'll be cleared to stop the bcp and I get another AF (boo!) and then we start the injections again.

Veganlily & Luna, I also O in 14CD, I confirm the O with a progesterone test on 21CD.

Now I am 14 dpo, remember I told you I tested on 11 dpo and was negative? well now I am hesitating, I re-tested today and I got this:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/1818001-please-help-bfp.html

Lillianita - omg girl, definite bfp!! Congratulations - so happy for you that your stay with us was short and sweet!! Please don't be a stranger and definitely find yourself over to the 30 and expecting board. Massive hugs, mama!!

Baking - sounds like you and I will be roughly together in the 2ww next time around again...lets hope this is the one for us both!

Luna - I'm really reconsidering experimenting with the Clomid now - so much to ponder. Many many thanks for such a detailed response.

Lion - glad you feel welcomed. I feel very encouraged that you will have a very sticky bean very soon!

Goldfish-how are you?

Anyone I missed-hi!

Happy Friday to everyone!

:dust:

Bakingbabe - I'm sorry you had to cancel the IUI. I'm sure it was so frustrating - the whole "this is it!, oh wait, not it's not..." thing...Hang in there, it'll happen for you!!!

Welcome to the two lovely ladies who just joined us!

AFM, AF showed yesterday - which is a good thing! Now DH and I get to try again! It felt good to take last month off. It was nice to take a break of the sequence: O, BD, worry that BD was well timed, TWW, AF, mad that one more month was wasted...reset. I feel refreshed instead of bitter like I was getting every time AF showed up...Also, DH is getting more into wanting a baby and it was so nice to see him ask me to try again this month!

Ladies, hang in there, we'll get the baby we want to much! I believe it!! It'll happen for us too!!!

Lillianita, it looks like a BFP to me! Congrats!!!! Are you going to test more at home, get blood work, or just wait it out a bit?

zeropatience- I live in NM too! I moved here 4 years ago from CA to work on my doctorate at UNM. Where are you living? Funny thing is I also sorta took last month off from *trying*. I didn't regularly take OPKs (I took them a few times but not regularly), and I didn't worry about timing. AF is also scheduled to show at any time, so we may be on the same or similar schedule. It sounds like the stress-free month was needed. Good luck this cycle!! Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

AF should have been here by today at the latest. That's if I O'd on cd19. My cycles have been different for the past two cycles, likely due to taking B-complex (and possibly from working out more). I O on cd15 now instead of cd19 and my luteal phase has increased by 1 day. Who knows what happened this month :shrug:. It felt like af was coming for several days and then it went away. I think I'll test tomorrow. I don't think I got lucky this month. I have a feeling I had an anovulatory cycle because I never noticed any increase in EXCM; although, it has decreased greatly as I've gotten older. I'm fully prepared for AF to show. If she's going to, I just want her to get here so I can start the next cycle. I'll let you all know my pee stick fortune after tomorrow's test.

Enjoy your Friday!

Lionchild good luck with your test tomorrow, I am going to test again on sunday to confim and blood test on monday I guess, I will be coming to follow your news. Baby dust to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->