TTC #1 and over 30

MD1223, I am currently taking my prenatal, DHA, baby aspirin, and FertileCM. I am also on these 2 Prescription drugs: Clomid and Prometrium (Progesterone). Hubby takes a Men's Multi Vit, Vit E and Vit C for his swimmers.

I cut back on caffeine and only drink caffeine free teas. I will take a few sips of hubby's coffee on the weekends but that's about it. This was the hardest one to do. I am not a morning person so I love my coffee in the AM.

I've cut back on the alcohol which kinda sucks but needs to be done. I drink a beer or two on the weekends from AF to OV and then usually stop after that.

I am going to start running today and I want to start to cut back on sugars.

@ MD1223...I am currently taking One a Day prenatals and Vit B6/B12. I've also been drinking green tea, grapefruit juice and LOTS of water to help with the EWCM since I lack in that department.

I have also cut back on caffeine, but have not completely eliminated it yet. As for alcohol, only on the weekends. I plan to cut both caffeine and alcohol after OV...we shall see. In the meantime, I'm on CD 10 today and plan to take the OPK this afternoon. Either way, DH and I will be :sex: since we are doing the SMEP this cycle.

Has anyone heard about taking benadryl to aid in implantation? I was told that it's beneficial so I do that around ovulation.

Has anyone heard about taking benadryl to aid in implantation? I was told that it's beneficial so I do that around ovulation.

I've never heard this before. I do know that anti-histamines such as benadryl will dry up your CM though.

I've never heard this before. I do know that anti-histamines such as benadryl will dry up your CM though.

I read you are supposed to take it after ovulation in your implantation window. Supposedly the uterine wall is full of antihistamines and benadryl can relieve inflammation and make implantation easier, especially with IVF. There are so many tricks around but I guess it couldn't hurt to try.:-k

MindUtopia- My reason for waiting was that I was in a very rocky (technically an understatement) relationship for 17 years. Although I have always wanted children, I knew it was not a good idea to bring them into the world while things were so bad. Eventually I got my act together and left. About a year later I met my OH who is absolutely wonderful. We've been together for about 2 1/2 years now. We bought a house last year and now I just feel ready. He wanted to get married first before TTC, but the incessant ticking sound I kept hearing drove me to talk him out of it. Truth is I would marry him tomorrow, but I couldn't bare the idea of delaying a baby so long that it might hurt our chances. I am all fine with a courthouse or backyard wedding, but he wants it to be traditional and I knew that the cost and planning of the wedding would set us back longer than I could emotionally handle. I'm only 34 but I want more than one... so wedding on the back burner, baby on the front! BTW I can't believe how many of us here are robbing the cradle! My OH is 32.

Everyone- Is anyone else out there using fertilityfriend.com? This is my first cycle using it but I'm already a chart junkie. If you are using it and you're not shy post those charts ladies! We all have something to learn from each other!

I'm on 8 DPO and I have so many early symptoms that I could scream. I think I have already convinced myself that I am pregnant. It may just all be in my head or maybe I'm actually going to get my :bfp:! I am currently starring at my box of HPT. "Is it too early? Maybe it's not too early. No, I should wait. Well maybe it's ok... no, I'll wait until tomorrow." Ugh! I'm going crazy!

I just decided to join fertilityfriend.com and found a discount on their facebook page. If you 'like' them and then go to their promos tab, you can get a year's membership for $24.95 (normally $120).
https://www.facebook.com/FertilityFriend/

And I agree with smimms, you should wait to test! 8DPO is too early and you will get a false :bfn: or worse, you might experience a chemical! GL!

If only I had known about the FF discount! That's a great deal! I did get a small discount by waiting till my trial period had almost run out before actually paying. But it was only for 3 months. :(

Sorry!! I tried to post it across multiple threads!! Stinks that you missed it - maybe it will be available again later when it's time to renew? Hopefully you won't need it!! :winkwink:

POAS this AM with FMU and got a :bfn:
It's ok. I didn't really expect to be anything else but it still stung a little.
The good news I guess is that no AF and no PMS so you never know!

Good luck to any late April testers!
:dust:
Still no AF for me and same as you - no symptoms at all!!! I usually get some period pain and feel pressure in my abdomen but nothing! But no preg symptoms either - weird!!!

Hi ladies, I just wanted to let you know that the month I got my :bfp: I had NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever. This could very well be a good sign for you both. Fx'd!

I realized today one symptom I've been experiencing - I've been really hot! When most ppl are cold cause the temps have dropped recently, I've been ok in a tank top. That's very unusual for me as I'm always cold!!!! Something to think about :winkwink:

Still no AF...

Gotta agree with you there. Felt really hot for 4 days... "finally" back to being cold again.
And I´m feeling some other symptoms. Being cautiously optimistic these days.

What other symptoms?? FXed for you!!

Gotta agree with you there. Felt really hot for 4 days... "finally" back to being cold again.
And I´m feeling some other symptoms. Being cautiously optimistic these days.

What other symptoms?? FXed for you!!

List of symptoms.
From last night, really queasy, almost up to 24 hours now.
I can still eat, but I have to make myself do that. Coca Cola helps...
Had a headache that started at the same time, but that went away earlier today.
Still feel queasy though.
Started feeling cold yesterday.
Started feeling a slight pressure in my lower belly, just a pleasant "there" feeling, nothing painful about it.
Also been having heartburn, started about 4pm today... (it´s 11pm now).
Got some painful cramping today, but that passed in about a minute.

I just feel different, like I´m grounded or something.

But I could also just be imagining things, and therefore experiencing things.
Cautiously optimistic about this... Hoping, but not counting on it.

Thanks, ladies, for all the helpful replies! I think I definitely need to cut back on drinking. Just not worth it. I also need to get my DH on some vites.

Smimms - yes, let's be bfp buddies . . . this month! ;)

Welcome Izzys g!

Hi izzys girl! Welcome :hug:

MD1223- Right now I just take a multi (by New Chapter Organics) and 1000mg of folic acid; I only drink alcohol on CD1-6 as I don't know when I ovulate with my irregular cycles and prefer to be safe; I drink one shot of espresso with two cups of 2% milk every afternoon.

I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and both my eggs and milk are DHA fortified. I also eat 2-3 servings of fish a week. I wonder if I need more than that right now? Anyone look into that?

Preg pilot - those are all promising symptoms so FX for you!! You test on Monday, right? GL and baby dust!!
:dust:*

Hi ladies! I'm 38, DH is 38 and we're TTC #1 for a year. I just had my HSG this month (not fun!) and all was good, so we're hoping this cycle is our month! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself!

Preg pilot - those are all promising symptoms so FX for you!! You test on Monday, right? GL and baby dust!!
:dust:*

Definitely promising symptoms.
Queasiness is keeping me up tonight. It´s 4am, and I´ve been trying to get to sleep since 1am... too queasy.
I´m gonna hold off on the test until the 12th I think... Don´t want to test too soon and get a bfn...

Hi ladies! I'm 38, DH is 38 and we're TTC #1 for a year. I just had my HSG this month (not fun!) and all was good, so we're hoping this cycle is our month! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself!

Welcome grkprn! :hugs:

FX for a :bfp: for you this cycle!!

Thank you! Anyone else have a HSG this month?

I'm actually nervous this month to TTC. My in laws went to a psychic and she said their daughter in law was going to have :twingirls:. I'm the only one even trying. Not that I believe in psychics, but it still made me nervous. I would definitely be happy just to get a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->