TTC #1 and over 30

Really enjoying this thread. I am 33 and ttc #1. This is cycle #1 actively ttc. Cd 15 and o nowhere in sight, but that is not entirely unusual for me. Been chanting for years to avoid but excited to chart to conceive. I hope to o soon!

I have cut back on alcohol and cut out coffee-just black tea and green tea for me for now. I also eat a high alkaline high raw vegan diet but with occasional wild caught seafood. I take a probiotic as well.

Really hoping this happens for us-my man is substantially older than me and had a vasectomy reversal a year ago (that was a success!) so I realize it may take some time. Plus my cycles run irregular but better now that I am a a consistent weight and not over exercising (I was a bit too thin for a while and exercising aggressively and my cycle was pretty wacky for several years).

So...that's super long but there's my story. I will update when I ovulate about my testing date but hopefully mid may!

I'm actually nervous this month to TTC. My in laws went to a psychic and she said their daughter in law was going to have :twingirls:. I'm the only one even trying. Not that I believe in psychics, but it still made me nervous. I would definitely be happy just to get a BFP.

I'd love twins!! I'm 34 and want a lot of kids so that would speed things up for me :winkwink: Besides, maybe those not trying will have an unplanned preg!! :dohh: I'd keep trying!

Really enjoying this thread. I am 33 and ttc #1. This is cycle #1 actively ttc. Cd 15 and o nowhere in sight, but that is not entirely unusual for me. Been chanting for years to avoid but excited to chart to conceive. I hope to o soon!

I have cut back on alcohol and cut out coffee-just black tea and green tea for me for now. I also eat a high alkaline high raw vegan diet but with occasional wild caught seafood. I take a probiotic as well.

Really hoping this happens for us-my man is substantially older than me and had a vasectomy reversal a year ago (that was a success!) so I realize it may take some time. Plus my cycles run irregular but better now that I am a a consistent weight and not over exercising (I was a bit too thin for a while and exercising aggressively and my cycle was pretty wacky for several years).

So...that's super long but there's my story. I will update when I ovulate about my testing date but hopefully mid may!

Welcome Lily! GL and FX for you!!
:dust:

I'm actually nervous this month to TTC. My in laws went to a psychic and she said their daughter in law was going to have :twingirls:. I'm the only one even trying. Not that I believe in psychics, but it still made me nervous. I would definitely be happy just to get a BFP.

I'd love twins!! I'm 34 and want a lot of kids so that would speed things up for me :winkwink: Besides, maybe those not trying will have an unplanned preg!! :dohh: I'd keep trying!

My hubby said twins would be amazing which is sweet. My two sisters are out of the game their husbands have both been snipped, so it's up to me =)

I too would love and welcome twins. I'm 32 and it would make it easy to get my 2 kids done in one shot! My mom is a twin and my dad has twin sister. Total possibility for me. Plus, I am on Clomid which raises your chances a bit more as well. I'm honestly really hoping for them!

SO lucky! There are no twins in either of our families :nope: And I haven't been put on clomid yet either. Mostly just wishful thinking for me!!

SO how is everyone doing??? Anyone testing this next coming week?? I test tomorrow and I'm totally nervous!! No AF still...

Yay! I am so happy this thread is back. I was so bummed when it was deleted. My test date will be around May 25th.

I'll reintroduce myself- I am 31 (32 in June). I have been ttc since Oct 2010. I didn't ov for 8 months after coming off bc, but got pg the first time I ov'd which sadly ended in a mc. I am starting my first round of Clomid today because when I do ov, it doesn't happen until cd23-27+. My DH has high sperm count but only 10% rapid mobility- but hoping one of those find the eggy this cycle and that Clomid helps me ov sooner!

I go back and forth on having twins- I am a twin myself (brother). I would like two babies though and it would complete my family right away- just scared of the complications it could potentially bring.

SO lucky! There are no twins in either of our families :nope: And I haven't been put on clomid yet either. Mostly just wishful thinking for me!!

SO how is everyone doing??? Anyone testing this next coming week?? I test tomorrow and I'm totally nervous!! No AF still...

F'xed for you!!!:dust:

Yay! I am so happy this thread is back. I was so bummed when it was deleted. My test date will be around May 25th.

I'll reintroduce myself- I am 31 (32 in June). I have been ttc since Oct 2010. I didn't ov for 8 months after coming off bc, but got pg the first time I ov'd which sadly ended in a mc. I am starting my first round of Clomid today because when I do ov, it doesn't happen until cd23-27+. My DH has high sperm count but only 10% rapid mobility- but hoping one of those find the eggy this cycle and that Clomid helps me ov sooner!

I go back and forth on having twins- I am a twin myself (brother). I would like two babies though and it would complete my family right away- just scared of the complications it could potentially bring.

Welcome back I was deleted as well. Twins would be exciting but scary I agree. It definitely would be a blessing.

Welcome kmae! Quite the journey you've been on! So when you say you didn't ov for 8 mos, did you get your period at all? Im trying to figure out if I'm ov'ing and I read an article that if you bleed, it means youre ov'ing. I'm wondering if that's true.

Best of luck with clomid and FX!!

Welcome kmae! Quite the journey you've been on! So when you say you didn't ov for 8 mos, did you get your period at all? Im trying to figure out if I'm ov'ing and I read an article that if you bleed, it means youre ov'ing. I'm wondering if that's true.

No I didn't get my period at all on my own. Bleeding doesn't necessarily mean that you are ov'ing. Do you temp? You can determine if you ov if you temp.

No I didn't get my period at all on my own. Bleeding doesn't necessarily mean that you are ov'ing. Do you temp? You can determine if you ov if you temp.

I do try to temp but I'm a restless sleeper and wake up at random times in the morning so my readings have been all over the map!!

Oh bummer- I guess that only way to know for sure is to have your doc check.

Ladies have your cycles been strange at all. Were they ever the typical 25-32 days or were they all over the place? I'm just curious about my cycles. I don't know if there is a prob, but I'm usually 28-29 days every month.

Ladies have your cycles been strange at all. Were they ever the typical 25-32 days or were they all over the place? I'm just curious about my cycles. I don't know if there is a prob, but I'm usually 28-29 days every month.

I don't know! I was put on the pill at 18 for dealing with horrible cramps and just came off of it 15 years later!!! I have no idea what my cycles were like before that :( I wish someone taught me to track them when I first started! I'm definitely teaching my future daughter(s) these things!!!!!

Ever since I stopped my BCPs in August my cycles have been 28-31 days. I was regular before BCP's but I had been on them for 15 years so I was surpirsed that I went back to being regular so quickly.

I want twins so much! My mom's side has about 15 sets of twins and i would love to add another set. :) Plus I could get the two kids with one pregnancy, ha!

I'm the same as MrsChezek, had normal cycles when I was a teen, went on bcp around 17 and had been on them for over 12 years- when I came off I didn't have a cycle for 8 months. Every women's body is different though.

I'm the same as MrsChezek, had normal cycles when I was a teen, went on bcp around 17 and had been on them for over 12 years- when I came off I didn't have a cycle for 8 months. Every women's body is different though.

Since I came off BCP in Dec, I had my period 4 days later as I typically would. Then I had a 29 day cycle and got another period. Which one was my withdrawal bleed? That first one right after I stopped? Or the second one after a whole cycle?

After that my cycles were 31d, 27d, 19d and 31d this last one. I'm super thankful not to have long cycles but I'm nervous I'm not Ov'ing. I've decided to wake up at 7am to temp which is before I usually start to get restless. I get up at 8:30/9am typically (we're night owls in this house). So hopefully my temping will be more informative this cycle! :thumbup:

Kmae, Veganlily, Grk - Welcome (back)! :)

Smimms - Haha - that's awesome. Agree, MrsCh, snowflakes, and bakingbabe, would love twins. We also want four so it would be helpful to start with two! :)

Joey - sorry about the :witch: Fingers crossed May is a great month for you and all of us! Happy BD'ing!! :)

MrsCh - W/R/T your dha question, I was only taking prenatals and my doctor said I needed to add 300mg dha supp per day. I also mentioned to a family friend who is an obgyn that we were trying and his first question was whether I was taking dha (and of course folic acid) - he said that is just as important as prenatals, etc.

My cycles have been a pretty consistent 28 days since I started paying attention. Of course, with the chem last month that may throw things off. Still waiting to O - based on when I started AF, it should be Wed or Thurs. - but if I had a normal cycle it would have been on Sunday. Curious to see how it will turn out this month.

Sending lots and lots of :dust: :dust: :dust: for all of us this month!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->