TTC #1 at 35+

hi ladies, hope its ok to just chip in...

we've been ttc our first for about 2 1/2yrs now, i'm 35 and OH is 33. we got pregnant in febuary on our first try of clomid but i had a mc :( the trouble is now i have some hope that it could happen again i'm finding the whole thing even more stressful than it was before!!

i got AF today after being really hopeful that our second try on clomid might have worked so i'm just feeling a bit down. i had to send OH to a family dinner tonight without me because i couldnt face seeing his sister and her beautiful babies, urgh...

i'm actually much more positive than this normally haha promise ;)

hi ladies, hope its ok to just chip in...

we've been ttc our first for about 2 1/2yrs now, i'm 35 and OH is 33. we got pregnant in febuary on our first try of clomid but i had a mc :( the trouble is now i have some hope that it could happen again i'm finding the whole thing even more stressful than it was before!!

i got AF today after being really hopeful that our second try on clomid might have worked so i'm just feeling a bit down. i had to send OH to a family dinner tonight without me because i couldnt face seeing his sister and her beautiful babies, urgh...

i'm actually much more positive than this normally haha promise ;)

Hi hun :flower:

Glad you've joined us and sorry to hear about your m/c. It's usually pretty busy in here, but I reckon everyone is off having their :sex:athon at the moment :winkwink:

I'm in the UK too. I'm 36 and dh is 44. We've been trying for 18 months and have our 2nd appt at fertility clinic tomorrow.

Have you and dh had other tests yet?
Deb x

hi deb, thanks... yes i noticed its pretty busy in this thread! theres a zillion pages to it haha i have looked in before but never said hi so i thought it was time to :)

yeah we've had all the usual stuff done. OH's SA was really good but my bloods suggested i wasnt ovulating. scans showed cysts in my left ovary but they said i didnt have PCOS :shrug: an HSG showed my left tube is blocked and thats when the FS suggested we try clomid next. i was pretty down hearted at that point but as i said it bloody worked! unfortunately i couldnt keep the pregnancy which i'm learning is extremely common, i didnt realise.

so once this AF is over its try 3 on clomid and fx!!

what are your options at the moment?

hi deb, thanks... yes i noticed its pretty busy in this thread! theres a zillion pages to it haha i have looked in before but never said hi so i thought it was time to :)

yeah we've had all the usual stuff done. OH's SA was really good but my bloods suggested i wasnt ovulating. scans showed cysts in my left ovary but they said i didnt have PCOS :shrug: an HSG showed my left tube is blocked and thats when the FS suggested we try clomid next. i was pretty down hearted at that point but as i said it bloody worked! unfortunately i couldnt keep the pregnancy which i'm learning is extremely common, i didnt realise.

so once this AF is over its try 3 on clomid and fx!!

what are your options at the moment?

Well dh's first SA came back 'normal' but no more detail than that yet and no results from 2nd SA. I've had CD21 bloods done which showed I was ovulating. Am also waiting for results from basic blood tests that FS took and also internal scan. Still got to have some swabs done - but that's a long story - probably get them done tomorrow. Also should be able to go through other results that I've mentioned we're still waiting for :shrug:

If all is ok then it looks like it could be HSG etc :shrug:

Been ill all day - worried I'm not going to be well enough for appt tomorrow but it's probably just all the stress - I have major issues about internals / swabs / smears etc and the thought of an HSG ...:nope::nope::nope:

Welcome, Jules. As they say, hope your stay here is short & sweet. :)

Spacegirl, that LP does sound short. There are things we can do about that, like Red Raspberry and B6. I'm hoping the clomid will help me out with it this month. You should look into things you can do on your own to lengthen it.

As for me, I am in the "BD/Obsessing" phase, waiting to O & hoping I didn't somehow miss it already. I'm wondering if clomid shifted my O date. I should know in the coming days.

Yeah, thanks Lola. I was feeling pretty down and negative when I wrote that. I've been looking into it and as you say there seem to be things to take to lengthen it. I'm still going to visit doctor next week. How are you?

Hello a-missy! nice to have you on board...

Leilani you last post made me chuckle! Are you still using your CBFM? I've just started mine i'm hoping it will give me some peace of mind with my fertility but i remember reading that the first cycle it says you are highly fertile for most of the cycle as it's still getting used to you! is that what you found? I'm on CD2.

Deb111, what is a HSG?

Hope everyone is well...xxx

Welcome, Jules. As they say, hope your stay here is short & sweet. :)

Spacegirl, that LP does sound short. There are things we can do about that, like Red Raspberry and B6. I'm hoping the clomid will help me out with it this month. You should look into things you can do on your own to lengthen it.

As for me, I am in the "BD/Obsessing" phase, waiting to O & hoping I didn't somehow miss it already. I'm wondering if clomid shifted my O date. I should know in the coming days.

Yeah, thanks Lola. I was feeling pretty down and negative when I wrote that. I've been looking into it and as you say there seem to be things to take to lengthen it. I'm still going to visit doctor next week. How are you?

Hello a-missy! nice to have you on board...

Leilani you last post made me chuckle! Are you still using your CBFM? I've just started mine i'm hoping it will give me some peace of mind with my fertility but i remember reading that the first cycle it says you are highly fertile for most of the cycle as it's still getting used to you! is that what you found? I'm on CD2.

Deb111, what is a HSG?

Hope everyone is well...xxx

Hi spacegirl Found this info about it https://www.sharedjourney.com/define/hsg.html

Can you give me some more info on CBFM - I've found stuff about it but can't seem to see whether it involves temping, POAS etc??
Thanks

Hi ladies and welcome a_missy.

I'm cross with my CBFM just now, as I think it missed my OV this cycle! Being the obsessive compulsive that I am, I keep and label all of my sticks. 2 days ago it looked like yesterdays stick should have been my first peak of the month, but it wasn't and this mornings stick looks completely useless. So I've either missed my LH surge or I've not OV'd yet, and even though it's only CD12, I've usually peaked by now. I'll POAS again tomorrow, then stop as I'ma tight wad too!

The first month I used my monitor I had an anoulatory cycle, so I got highs all the way through, however, I did a hard re-set the next cycle and got a low some highs and my peaks, so on my first real cycle using it, I gpt all the right readings, I think it's just different for everyone, some people only get highs (which I guess is a safe bet, as it means you'll just keep on BDing til you run out of sticks or AF shows up!).

Deb - all you do is POAS with FMU from CD6-CD15 or CD25 depending on when it detects your LH surge. It is different from OPKs as it also measures your level of oestrogen, which surges before LH. When it notices oestrogen rising it gives you a high, so you start BDing EOD, and then when you LH surges it gives you a peak reading, so you know (in so far as you can say without temping) that you are going to ovulate in 12-36 hours, and you get BDing as much as you can.

Once the monitor has detected your first peak, it runs on auto-pilot and gives you a second peak, followed by a high then a low, even if you don't poas or put a stick in it, so most people stop (to sae money) once they get that peak. I have a box of out of date stick which came with my monitor (bough from eBay), so I quite often use one of those just so I can study the lines. The oestrogen line (far end) gets lighter as it rises and the LH line (closest to wee end) gets darker as it surges, so when they are about the same colour that's usually your peak - but every one is different, so might not be quit the same colour.

I think that's just about all I know about CBFMs!

So because I think mine is playing silly buggers this cycle, I'm going to start temping too - I don't sleep very well, well it's more like I find it hard to get to sleep, so I think I'll be ok in getting a solid blcok of sleep before waking up - mostly.

Good luck with everything at the FS tomorrow Deb - what time is your appointment? Go and have a relaxing bath now to try and de-stress (easier said than done I'm sure).

Thanks hun

Very useful info about the CBFM - I may try it next cycle.

Appt is 3.30 so hopefully by tomorrow evening I'll have had these swabs done once and for all!!! :yipee:

How are you hun? xx

I'm all good, I guess - 5 weeks til our FS appointment.

It's a great day here - but I'm procrastinating about painting the deck, but I guess I should just get on with it!

Hi Girls...wow, lots to comment on!

Deb, having just done my HSG last week, I will tell you to just get it over with! It really wasn't so bad, just a bit more intense that normal pap. It will give you peace of mind to know if there are any blockages & knowledge is power if you need to change course. I read so much about them gearing up for mine, and now I realize it's a diagnosis we should all know. I regret not doing it sooner. Also keep in mind it increases your chances of conception for the following 3 cycles by "clearing out the cobwebs".

I'm a long-time user of CBFM & I much prefer it to regular OPK's. You use first morning urine, so there's no holding urine, dying of thirst & trying to interpret other test sticks. I'm actually using regular OPK's in addition to my CBFM this month. I want to make the most of my HSG cycle plus I'm on clomid. Need to hit that egg with multiple tries!!

Leilani, use up those sticks & keep testing! CD12 is still early, even if it's longer than your typical cycle. Sometimes I don't get my peak until CD17, but it always shows up eventually.

I received my pre-seed today, just in time! I'm hoping to get my peak in the coming days. I've really pulled out the big guns this cycle & feel more optimistic than ever. It just feels good to be doing something different. I hope I'm not setting myself up for a big fall, but I feel optimistic about it.

OK - so the deck is now painted and looks quite fab really. And I guess I'll keep using my monitor, but my oestrogen line did fade and has now got darker again, I'll give it a couple more days (and maybe finish off the out of date sticks).

Good luck today Deb - I'm off to bed now, but look forward to a full de-brief on waking tomorrow.

Hi there, I would like to join this thread please. :)
Im 37 OH is also 37 we have been trying for 7 years. I have PCOS and was quite overweight so had a gastic band couple of years ago, lost a fair bit of weight and fell pregnant, lost at 9 weeks not fell since.

Lost a bit more weight since jan this year (2 stone), enough to be referred for the Fertility Clinic and am now in the tww in my first cycle of Clomid 50mg). I think Im around 10 or 11 dpo.

Had two 17mm follicles at day 12 and I def oved as I had a huge temp spike although I missed it on the OPK's

Feeling very VERY odd, twingeing and tickly sensations on the left side where ovary is, nausea on and off, AF type symptoms that are getting worse since 6 dpo, sciatic pain for about the same amount of time. Crabby as hell (apologies to the male car driver I was shouting at on the motorway yesterday!!!) very bloated and RAVENOUSLY HUNGRY.

Dont want to get my hopes up, am worried it could be a Luteal cyst although I have had a contorted cyst before and this feels different....

Am monitoring temps (sitting around the 98.4 mark), cervical postion (disappeared...cant find it!!!) and CM (white and watery)

Did a couple of internet cheapy POAS but were both neg :-(((

I would love to buddy up with someone as this tww business is driving my potty!!!

Emily :)

Hi & Welcome, Emily. After 7 years, your BFP is long overdue. Your early signs sound promising! You're almost at the end of your tww. It's killer.

I'm on clomid for the first time too, although I'm not in the tww yet. I didn't have scans done, but I typically ovulate on my own anyway. However this time I've been having twinges for the past 6 days and expect to ovulate sometime over the next 2-3 days. There's definitely more activity going on!

So we went to our appt yesterday and the FS quite quickly rushed through all my results which were all fine and then went on to my hubby's and said there was a problem with the 2nd sample. We pointed out that the first sample was normal. He said that seemed strange as 2nd sample had NO sperm whatsoever and went to check both sets of results. Came back having given the andrology dept hell for sending us a letter saying all was normal when it quite clearly wasn't!

Neither sample had ANY sperm in it. So within minutes of walking in and expecting to have to have swabs re-done and referrals for HSG's etc, the focus had totally shifted from me to hubby. I felt like I had been hit by a truck!

He has an appt with eurologist on 12th May and until then we are in total shock, limbo and floods of tears (well me anyway). Hubby is dealing with it ok outwardly but I overheard him telling one of his mates on the phone today, which I'm relieved about. I'd hate to think he didn't feel he could talk to anyone about it - we all know women need to talk and do talk, but men so easily bottle it up and he's clearly putting on a brave face for my sake ... I hear the deep sighs when he thinks I'm not around :nope:

So right now, we're very up and down, minds are racing ahead with endless 'what if's' and I feel like a fraud being on TTC forums as we have been told there is no way we will conceive naturally. If there is no sperm being made, then that's the end for our TTC dreams and if there is, but it is being blocked some way, they will extract it and we will have to go through ICSI. There's a slim chance that it could be hormonal but it's going to be a very hard process for both of us.

I have cried, but need to try and be strong and positive for my hubby and not put that added pressure on him

I wont be here much as I don't feel I've got anything to contribute anymore, but I will try and pop in and see how you're all doing when I feel a little stronger or have some news

In the meantime I wish you all lots of luck for your bfp's and send you lots of hugs

I've waited until I was 34 to meet the man that I want to share the rest of my life with and have a family with and now 2 years on, this - I just want to sit here and stamp my feet and yell that it's not fair and sob until I can sob no more ...

Oh Deb, I really don't know what to say, and I'm not sure anything I say will make any difference, but you and your hubby are very much in my thoughts, :hugs:

I'm glad your hubby is talking to somebody about this, he must be a great guy to not see this as a measure of his manliness.

It could be a blockage, it could be fixable and whilst it doesn't feel like it - there is always hope.

I have a feeling we're in line for some similar results in the next week too, and I want to slap/abuse DH's GP for saying all was well, when the first SA result sheet, which I insisted we got, very clearly said otherwise. With this in mind I've been stalking some journals in the LTTTC forum, where there are quite a few success stories.

I'm here whenever/ if ever you need to chat. :hugs:

Lx

So we went to our appt yesterday and the FS quite quickly rushed through all my results which were all fine and then went on to my hubby's and said there was a problem with the 2nd sample. We pointed out that the first sample was normal. He said that seemed strange as 2nd sample had NO sperm whatsoever and went to check both sets of results. Came back having given the andrology dept hell for sending us a letter saying all was normal when it quite clearly wasn't!

Neither sample had ANY sperm in it. So within minutes of walking in and expecting to have to have swabs re-done and referrals for HSG's etc, the focus had totally shifted from me to hubby. I felt like I had been hit by a truck!

He has an appt with eurologist on 12th May and until then we are in total shock, limbo and floods of tears (well me anyway). Hubby is dealing with it ok outwardly but I overheard him telling one of his mates on the phone today, which I'm relieved about. I'd hate to think he didn't feel he could talk to anyone about it - we all know women need to talk and do talk, but men so easily bottle it up and he's clearly putting on a brave face for my sake ... I hear the deep sighs when he thinks I'm not around :nope:

So right now, we're very up and down, minds are racing ahead with endless 'what if's' and I feel like a fraud being on TTC forums as we have been told there is no way we will conceive naturally. If there is no sperm being made, then that's the end for our TTC dreams and if there is, but it is being blocked some way, they will extract it and we will have to go through ICSI. There's a slim chance that it could be hormonal but it's going to be a very hard process for both of us.

I have cried, but need to try and be strong and positive for my hubby and not put that added pressure on him

I wont be here much as I don't feel I've got anything to contribute anymore, but I will try and pop in and see how you're all doing when I feel a little stronger or have some news

In the meantime I wish you all lots of luck for your bfp's and send you lots of hugs

I've waited until I was 34 to meet the man that I want to share the rest of my life with and have a family with and now 2 years on, this - I just want to sit here and stamp my feet and yell that it's not fair and sob until I can sob no more ...

Deb, I'm so so sorry to hear your news. I really don't know what to say. I can only imagine what you are going through right now. I feel for your DH too. I hope that you get the support you need.:hugs:

Cxxxx

Deb, that's tough news to take...my heart goes out to you & DH. Thinking about you that you'll be able to deal with your own feelings & be there for him.

Debs :hugs:

don't despair huni wait till you get more info maybe it's just a blockage. my thoughts are with you huni xxx

sorry girls I have been so busy with getting ready to move house that I havent had time to be on bnb

I also went and got two puppies which will be ready in two weeks time just in time for the new house:)

Attachments

• pups 057.jpg
    pups 057.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member