TTC #1 at 35+

once again my opk started going bonkers on Fri nite but I just got my fertile cm today so gonna bd later fx

hoping to have my pups and my bfp for moving into our new house:)

Pups, BFP and a ring, all together - that would be great Lisa! When's moving day?

So I'm finally OVing (thanks Lola for telling me to keep testing). I thought I'd missed it, as the past 5 cycles I've got my first peak on my CBFM on CD11(twice), CD12(twice), CD 10 last month - which was surprisingly early and now this month it's CD16, but I really think I can feel my OV right now, either that or I'm hungry and my tummy's rumbling/aching. Hopefully it means a good strong, quality, mature eggh is on it's way and even with DH's questionable swimmers, we'll catch it.

The chap at work who went through IVF spoke to me this morning and said his wife would be more than happy for me to go round for a cuppa and talk about the whole process if it comes to that. He said that she wishes she had somebody (other than doctors) to talk to her and share experiences with - I guess she never found/looked for TTC forums. I'm really glad of the offer, and because I don't actually know her, I think it would be easier to talk to her than some of my close friends, as they just don't get it.

Hello ladies I am TTC and am 35...I am alittle worried as I will be 36 in August but dr said all is ok so I am trying to go for it,,,,Sending babydust and BFP to u all!!!

Hello ladies I am TTC and am 35...I am alittle worried as I will be 36 in August but dr said all is ok so I am trying to go for it,,,,Sending babydust and BFP to u all!!!

Thanks for stopping by with well wishes - good luck ttc your 3rd - I hope it happens for you.

Pups, BFP and a ring, all together - that would be great Lisa! When's moving day?

So I'm finally OVing (thanks Lola for telling me to keep testing). I thought I'd missed it, as the past 5 cycles I've got my first peak on my CBFM on CD11(twice), CD12(twice), CD 10 last month - which was surprisingly early and now this month it's CD16, but I really think I can feel my OV right now, either that or I'm hungry and my tummy's rumbling/aching. Hopefully it means a good strong, quality, mature eggh is on it's way and even with DH's questionable swimmers, we'll catch it.

The chap at work who went through IVF spoke to me this morning and said his wife would be more than happy for me to go round for a cuppa and talk about the whole process if it comes to that. He said that she wishes she had somebody (other than doctors) to talk to her and share experiences with - I guess she never found/looked for TTC forums. I'm really glad of the offer, and because I don't actually know her, I think it would be easier to talk to her than some of my close friends, as they just don't get it.

Thats very lovely of her and also great for you if you ever need smeone to chat to. Although hopefully you won't and you have caaught the eggy:)

Yeah everything is happening at once! I no tha I was ovulating yesterday even though my OPK was telling me several days before! So girlys look out for that cm I believe thats why it has been taking me so long!

We have been bding constanatly then gettin +opk bding a couple of days after then taking a break for a week we were sick looking at each other lol but now I realise that I was actually Ovulating several days after my +OPK.

So fx for egg catching!:thumbup:

Hey Leilani,

Quick question for you...CBFM 1st cycle i'm on CD8 and still on low fertility. How many days did yo get a high before your peak? Starting to get anxious abt CBFM feel it's going to tell me whether or not I can have kids...!

Thanks!!!

Glad you peaked ;-)

So starting on CD6 this is what I got each cycle, all followed by peaks except cycle 1:

1st cycle: 14 highs - most likely didn't OV so did a hard reset it to start again the next.
2nd cycle: 1 low, 4 highs, Peak CD11
3rd cycle: 3 lows, 2 highs, Peak CD11 - took 100mg soy CD3-7
4th cycle: 6 lows, Peak CD12!! - took 120mg soy CD4-8
5th cycle: 6 lows, Peak CD 12!! - took 150mg soy CD4-8
6th cycle: 3 lows, 1 high, Peak CD10 - what was that about?? - took 150mg soy CD3-7
7th cycles:4 lows, 6 highs, Peak CD16 - took 150mg soy CD5-9

So as you can see, my CBFM doesn't really know me too well! I think the Soy had the greatest effect on moving my OV, I guess I should have stuck with days 4-8, only went from 120 to 150 beacuse I was using a different brand of Soy.

Spacegirl, your peak might come later in your cycle. Mine usually ranges between CD15-17. So don't freak out if you keep doing tests & don't see it - just keep testing. Keep an eye on CM, the peak will usually follow EWCM.

Thanks girls! My cycles are usually quite short 23-28 days so I was kind of expecting it to be high already if I ovulate on CD12-15.

Does the blue line on the stick mean anything at all? Should I be expecting that to change when fertile??

Leilani, what does the soy do? (sorry still learning all the supplements!) I'm taking EPO this month.

Cxxx

Hey all

How's everyone?

Been keeping a low profile recently, lots of stuff to do for the wedding and busy at work. Been lurking a little just to see how you are all doing.

Have a pelvic ultrasound for tomorrow at Stirling Royal so hopefully will get an idea of whether there is evidence of PCOS and also got my appointment today to see gynaecology consultant on 1st June. So things are moving on...fingers x'd that all ok.

Been a ropey month in terms of me and OH. Quite a few arguments and falling out...over really little things...i guess its just part of the stress of organising a wedding! We're totally fine now but this month is definitely out in terms of BFP as i really was not in the mood for BD.

Did anyone else find they were easily stressed pre wedding?

Txxx

I can't resist replying to the wedding question. An enormous YES, we were stressed and had arguments leading up to & after the wedding. We've been married 4 years & some of our arguments still stem from wedding stuff. In fact, we just had one of them this morning! My in-laws are the source of many fights that end up with me sleeping in the guest room. And they are completely clueless as to the havoc they've caused. Ok, enough venting, could prevent implantation!

I can't resist replying to the wedding question. An enormous YES, we were stressed and had arguments leading up to & after the wedding. We've been married 4 years & some of our arguments still stem from wedding stuff. In fact, we just had one of them this morning! My in-laws are the source of many fights that end up with me sleeping in the guest room. And they are completely clueless as to the havoc they've caused. Ok, enough venting, could prevent implantation!

Lola,

Sounds like we suffer form the same problem...

We've been married almost a year and i'm still a bit scarred by the experience (in-laws). We had a beautiful wedding but it was very stressful!! It would have been better of it was just the two of us.

Cxxx

RE: wedding stress. My DH likes to remind me, often, how I was late to bed the night before we left for our wedding (had to be at the airport at 4am, so up at 3), as I was trying to organise our wedding music and burn it to CDs as well as putting the playlist on my iPod, and the CD burner kept crapping out. That was quite stressful, as I was trying to do it quickly and he kept shouting at me from the bedroom Everything else was out of our hands pretty much, so the stress was on the low burned - but defo there. Oh - I did get stressed on the flight too, as I couldn't sleep, and I had some sleeping pills, but I couldn't find them on the plane!!

Spacegirl - now i can't resist elaborating on the in-law topic! I have so much angst over mine that there have been months I didn't ttc - I didn't want to have to see them more often. They live out of town & I dread the idea of them coming to visit more often. Not a healthy situation!

On a brighter note, I'm 6DPO today & praying for a successful cycle. With a fresh HSG, clomid, pre-seed and well-timed BD, my chances can't get much better than this. Most of us are in the TWW at this point, right?

And - back on the topic of pre-wedding stress. I'm pretty surer that in the 6 weeks leading up to us leaving for the wedding (which were the first 6 weeks off BCP), we probably had sex maybe 2 or 3 times! However, the second we got to Italy - we started BDing like it was going out of fashion!

Lola - love the ever changing avatar pics!

Spacegirl - now i can't resist elaborating on the in-law topic! I have so much angst over mine that there have been months I didn't ttc - I didn't want to have to see them more often. They live out of town & I dread the idea of them coming to visit more often. Not a healthy situation!

On a brighter note, I'm 6DPO today & praying for a successful cycle. With a fresh HSG, clomid, pre-seed and well-timed BD, my chances can't get much better than this. Most of us are in the TWW at this point, right?

That's awful Lola!!!

Mine haven't stopped me wanting a baby. Fo me it's the opposite I'm hoping having another me around will make me stronger around them and make me care less abt what they think of me...

Good luck this cycle. You sounding good to go!

I'm not in 2WW...i'm CD12. Got high on monitor on CD10 and so waiting for my peak now.

Cxxx

Leilani - This tww is one of the worst for me. The avatar is one way to distract myself! I think I'll stick with this little cutie for a while. :)

Hi Deb - so so - just waiting waiting waiting really. 2WW, waiting for DH SA result, waiting forFS appointment, bit dull really.

How are you?

Well, I'm out another month. So sick of this :(

I'll be on clomid again for this next cycle. I would also do IUI, but we'll be out of town. If the second clomid round doesn't work, I'll do it on the next one.

Better luck to the rest of you.

Deb, are you doing ok? I know you've had a rough few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->