TTC #1 at 35+

EllaMom2B

believes in miracles
Reaction score
For everyone 35+ TTC #1. We've waited this long by choice or circumstance, but now that we're ready, let the waiting end!

Hi Ella

I'm glad to join you, and hope our ttc journies are short lived!!

I've been with DH just over 4 years and we got married last Sept. I finished with my BCP at the beginning of August, but we didn't really try the first 2 months - didn't want to risk being pregnant for the wedding - but more importantly our honeymoon - we travelled for a month - and the thought of being ill (as every woman in my family has been badly affected by morning sickness) was enough to put me off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I went off in Sept after 20 yrs or so (with some breaks). My cycles seem regular enough at 29-31 days, so I'm grateful for that! Guess I don't really know what "trying" means now, five months in. For two of those we totally missed (what I think is) OV... But otherwise we're just BDing CD 10-20, hoping that covers our bases!

I'm finding it hard to stay positive, though I know a lot of women have been trying much longer and have struggled.

Hiya

I've jumped over to join you in this thread now :thumbup:

Cd22 - I must not test! I must not test! I must not test! :dohh:

Deb xx

You're planning to test on CD 26? How long are your cycles? And remind me what month this is for you? (Of trying, I mean.) Feeling anything?

FX :dust:

Hi Beanhopes: do you think you just ov'ed? So the 2ww?

I'm going mad, dreaming of BFPs. OV should be (should) early next week, so BDing starts tomorrow!

Yep - I know it's early but I've got a FRER one so we'll see! :shrug:

Was feeling really positive, but not so much now. Felt nauseous for almost a week - but was really way too early for those kind of symptoms! :dohh:

Feeling exhausted last 2 days - but that's not unusual for me

Feel very down and emotional, but that could just be the pressureof the whole TTC thing :nope:

We've been TTC for almost 18 months (with just a couple of 1 month breaks due to hubby having dental surgery and also possibility of hubby being made redundant) so feeling pretty despondant about it all

I must stay positive! I must stay positive!

Hey Deb - I'm a couple of days behind you, but only have 26 day cycles - I'm going to wait til Tuesday to test - as Af should show her ugly mug on Monday afternoon/evening (well she has shown up around that time the last 5 cycles).

I'm trying to stay positive, but at the same time, trying to convince myself I'm out - to try and lessen he diappointment if I don't get a BFP!

A friend of mine got engaged on Monday (after knowing her chap just under 7 months), I'm really happy for her, but part of me thinks "Too soon" and another part of me thinks - you'd better not get pregnant first - they are planning on getting wed mid-April - the rest of me is really happy for her - as this is her first boyfriend in the seven years I've known her (she's 35), and she is really really happy with him!

I find myself being so so so jealous of my younger friends who are happily waiting to try for a year or two to enjoy the time with their OHs... I would never ever want to go back to my 20s, or even to last year -- too happy to have finally found my soulmate -- but oh to have 20-something ovaries!!!

Hi ladies, Just wanted to say that 35+ isn't all that late for trying for your first. Both my sister and I didn't get married until mid 30's and we both were 36 with our 1st. She's 38 and due with her 2nd only a month after my 1st will be born.
Good luck and I hope you get your BFP's soon!

Ok ladies I have jumped over here to I am so glad we have this now 35+ ttc1st as I worry so much about being to old to concieve and having everyone telling me oh you mustn't wait much longer and it really seems like it is now or never!

My journey so far got married in 1996 met my then hb when I was 14 we got married after 8yrs I was 22 oh was 27 I wanted tostart a family straight away but he wasn't ready so i would never off lied and had a mistake as I knew this would be most the special time in my life and wanted him to feel the same so I waited.......and waited.....and fecking waited....

I finally told him right i am not taking the pill anymore I have been on it for 16yrs I am 30 we both have great jobs and every year you tell me next year and I like an idiot believe him and wait again.

I have read every book about child birth over those 16 yrs I could have trained to be a mw! we had a beautiful 4 bedroom house in the country OH earned loads of money we had everything or so I thought:( when i came off the pill our sex life virtually disappeared i thought it him worrying about being a dad and I truly think he was pertrified with the responsibility he would say what if I am not a good dad?

So long story short he went to work one night and when I came home I found a strange mobile in the living room he rung told me it was a work phone and to turn it off he seemed really strange so i thought hmmm i wonder...... I immediately jumped in the car and went to see my best friend and together we looked thorugh it to discover pics of a girl he worked with naked texts messages etc... so that was it my world was destroyed, OH came back begged forgiveness we tried conselling for 6 months and I stayed for another 2yrs but I couldn't get over it and in this time OH was desperate for us to ttc, I knew even though i had waited all this time and it was all I wanted, this was not the man to be a father to my child.

So I left my hardest thing I ever done went to my dads and started all over again met my lovely bf (who was 25 then) a month later and we have been together since:) I panic I have left it to late but am glad I am not having to struggle with a lo and all the pain of sharing them with hb.

Divorce hearing is this Tuesday and I am so nervous, but if everything goes well me and oh will be moving to a lovely House in the country:) We have made an offer and it was accepted I just need the settlement from the divorce, am living in OH apartment at the minute.

I want my :bfp: this month as when we move to our new house in March I can annouce my :bfp: and my life will be complete. So girls sprinkle me with fairy dust cause these last few years have been tough and PMA this year is my year:)

Lisa

Hi...just joined this site and glad to see that I'll not the only "geriatric" lol.

I'm 39 in June and my fiance is 34. Been together 3 1/2 years and getting married on 9th July....would give up the wedding gladly if I could just get pregnant! I am soooo desperate and my sis-in-law has just announced she is pregnant with her 3rd. Is it wrong to be so happy for them both but really jealous too?

We decided to start TTC so I had my mirena coil removed in July 09 and my first AF in August - this was first AF for 4 years as i didnt have any with mirena. I've always had really irregular periods in the past but they have been regular as clockwork since August. My last cycle started 24th December and i started using OPKs too. I got a -OPK on Monday and have had a +OPK every day since then. I know that you're not supposed to keep testing but I can't help it lol.

It would be great to chat and share experiences with others in the same boat.

Hi Tiger-lass

my sil is was due her baby on Monday but stilll hasn't gone they are bringing her in on the 13th if she hasn't gone by then.

It's so hard hearing all the baby talk and i am pleased for her but jealous non the less:( congrats on the wedding and hopefully you will be walking down the aisle preggers xx

sending you loads of babydust xx

Thanks for that xx

If i manage to get pregnant then it will be a quick visit to the registrar's me thinks lol...really dont fancy a maternity wedding dress :p...but just now i'd take anything!

How long have you been TTC?

This is our fifth month trying I came off bcp and periods were a bit random for a few months but these last two months they have settled down thank god 27 days with a 16 lutheal phase. I am taking pregnacare and eating healthly and exercising, using OPKS and seeing a surge so hoping it's just a matter of egg meet sperm and bingo.

I have made an appointment for next week to see the doctor get the ball rolling as all the kind people like to keep reminding me that i don't have the time to hang about at my age AHHH!

I like to remind them that pressure can affect my fertility and that having them reaffirm my fears does not HELP!!!!

Is this your first wedding? I will hopefully be getting married this year have the ring picked and oh has paid for most of it but it's gonna be a surprise so don't know when i will get it.

I am like you BABY first and then marriage can be an add on lol I have all the time in the world to get married but getting pregnant I need to do now and soon! Oh the pressure feel like i have big ben for my biological clock lol

Yes, it's my first marriage. OH was married before -no kids. I'm also due to go back to the doctor. Waiting to see if we've been lucky this month before making the appointment. I really can't afford to wait much longer for help - there is a possibility of PCOS.

My OH wants a baby too but it is definitely me who is driving this. People might say that I've left it too late but I wanted to wait for the right man - it's not about a baby at any cost. We're settled, we're happy and we just want a baby to complete our happiness - not too much to ask is it? :)

I am trying so hard not to symptom spot...just got to be patient and hope that AF misses her bus this month!!

Hi Beanhopes: do you think you just ov'ed? So the 2ww?

I'm going mad, dreaming of BFPs. OV should be (should) early next week, so BDing starts tomorrow!

Helloooo I found you all!!
Sorry I'm so late, been too busy at work this week.
Ok so how is everyone doing?
I'm on cd16 and I still have no idea if I ovulated or not. Arghh! If I did I think it might have been Sunday/Monday as I had some ovulation twinges on those days. So that would make me approx 4dpo.
Today I have sharp pains that occasionally shoot through my (.)(.) and uncomfortable lumps under my arms which is probably breast tissue.
Sending :dust: and PMA.
xx

Ok ladies I have jumped over here to I am so glad we have this now 35+ ttc1st as I worry so much about being to old to concieve and having everyone telling me oh you mustn't wait much longer and it really seems like it is now or never!

My journey so far got married in 1996 met my then hb when I was 14 we got married after 8yrs I was 22 oh was 27 I wanted tostart a family straight away but he wasn't ready so i would never off lied and had a mistake as I knew this would be most the special time in my life and wanted him to feel the same so I waited.......and waited.....and fecking waited....

I finally told him right i am not taking the pill anymore I have been on it for 16yrs I am 30 we both have great jobs and every year you tell me next year and I like an idiot believe him and wait again.

I have read every book about child birth over those 16 yrs I could have trained to be a mw! we had a beautiful 4 bedroom house in the country OH earned loads of money we had everything or so I thought:( when i came off the pill our sex life virtually disappeared i thought it him worrying about being a dad and I truly think he was pertrified with the responsibility he would say what if I am not a good dad?

So long story short he went to work one night and when I came home I found a strange mobile in the living room he rung told me it was a work phone and to turn it off he seemed really strange so i thought hmmm i wonder...... I immediately jumped in the car and went to see my best friend and together we looked thorugh it to discover pics of a girl he worked with naked texts messages etc... so that was it my world was destroyed, OH came back begged forgiveness we tried conselling for 6 months and I stayed for another 2yrs but I couldn't get over it and in this time OH was desperate for us to ttc, I knew even though i had waited all this time and it was all I wanted, this was not the man to be a father to my child.

So I left my hardest thing I ever done went to my dads and started all over again met my lovely bf (who was 25 then) a month later and we have been together since:) I panic I have left it to late but am glad I am not having to struggle with a lo and all the pain of sharing them with hb.

Divorce hearing is this Tuesday and I am so nervous, but if everything goes well me and oh will be moving to a lovely House in the country:) We have made an offer and it was accepted I just need the settlement from the divorce, am living in OH apartment at the minute.

I want my :bfp: this month as when we move to our new house in March I can annouce my :bfp: and my life will be complete. So girls sprinkle me with fairy dust cause these last few years have been tough and PMA this year is my year:)

Lisa

Hi Lisa
You are in good company on this thread. Sending you lots of :dust: and hope you get your :bfp:. To be honest it'd be great if we all got one. xx

Hi ladies - glad to see more people have found us here!

I've a bit of a dilemma - I was supposed to go to the dentist yesterday, but thoguht it was today, so messed up there - anyway I've rescheduled, and I was hoping to make it later next week, as by then I'll know if I've got my BFP or not, but the only day they could fit me in was Monday, but I'm not due to test til Tuesday (14DPO). I'm hoping my dentist won't want to do x-rays, as I had some done just before the wedding (early sept) and apart from a broken tooth we already know about, there was nothing to see.

I really don't want to test early - as I get a bit sick of reading about women who test early then come on here saying "Am I out?", when FFS, why did they test already, and if they'd done any homework (let alone use FMU), they'd know that they're not out 'til AF shows up! sorry rant over, but really - come on ladies!!!

Some people get early results and the 2WW can make you pretty desperate - esp when you're onto month 18 like we are - I don't very often test or do it early ... but well, sometimes it gets the better of me :dohh:.... each to their own eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->