TTC #1 Buddy Wanted!

Etoiles

Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently started to TTC #1. September was our first month of trying. I am about 4 DPO and am waiting to see if anything happened but an doubtful because it is just our first month.

Is there anyone else who is still learning like I am and wants to chat about the ups and downs of TTC or having baby #1?

Etoiles

Hello Star :)

We are also TTC #1 (have been since last October) and I am at either 5 or 6 DPO (since I don't temp, I am not entirely sure, but I have used the fertility monitor from clear blue for months, so I am know it was either last Friday or Saturday) ... and I would love to be a TTC buddy :) Also happy to chat, celebrate, comfort ... :friends:

Bubu.

... I am still hopeful that perhaps we were successful this month, despite my DHs very negative SA results. I had myself checked out in May and everything was fine ... and after much begging, he had the SA done (at the end of August). Needless to say, the sperm count was low and the motility was ... 1% :( But I am hopeful that it was just a really bad test and that it is not always like that. Nevertheless, we have an appointment on October 17th at the fertility clinic. FX that maybe we won't need it afterall? *hopeful*

Hi Bubu!

Sorry to hear about the things you and OH have been going through! I know it is probably frustrating to him with those results. I hope you do have a BFP and are able to cancel that appointment!

I think schedule is similar to yours and believe it was Sunday but I am not using any devices yet so that is just a guess.

I did not know this TWW would take so long though and I think even though I am feeling very doubtful I do pay attention to every movement I feel from my body in that region. I think I am almost making things up at this point! :winkwink:

Baby dust to you and good luck on getting that BFP!

Hi Etoiles!

Well, we shall just see what fate has in store for us :) Thank you for your wishes :friends:

The TWW is enough to make anyone who wants a little one start noticing anything and everything. The nutty thing is - so many of the early pregnancy symptoms are similar to the feelings we get because of the higher progesterone levels (as I have experienced in the last months) ... so don't worry, you are not making things up at all ;)

:dust: all around and thank you :)

Yes I think it is all in my head or I am noticing things I did not notice before during this time of the month. I have felt a small cramping feeling for the past day and I never noticed cramping prior but I am being hypersensitive now so I am very doubtful.

Have you started planning anything related to the LO yet? I have not yet planned anything but looked at a few books related to pregnancy so I would know what to expect a little bit. I think if I do get the BFP I will have a lot of fun planning the nursery though!

Good Morning :)

I just think it is that we are more in tune with our bodies and are listening to them more closely when we are TTC. Having been on BC before, I think the cycle does have to adjust and so certain symptoms which were not there before suddenly appear... and then the question - is this my normal time of the month symptom, or is it something else?

So I think that we definitely are noticing things that are there - probably because subconciously we are looking for signs of success, we start wondering whether they were there before or whether they may be new :)

I haven't actively planned yet, no. Every so often I will ask my DH what the thinks of this name or that name, if a name pops into my head that I like :) Of course he thinks I'm nuts :D And whenever a new "symptom" raises its head during the TWW, I find myself googling for a long time and then reading other reports :)

If and when the end of the TWW is positive, I will probably go into serious planning mode *lol* It's my Father-in-Law's birthday on the 25th and I have already imagined preparing a card, that they are going to be Grandparents and giving it as an additional gift ... and what I would write (from the baby) and both of them with tears in their eyes... I know... sounds a bit nutty, right? :)

Hi!

You know that is really true. I was on BC pills for a long time, 15 years, so how can I really even remember what the symptoms were? I guess I will have to keep track of things so I can start to see what is consistent and what is unusual. I did start to keep track of dates of different things that would help me a little bit with that.

We also did talk about names a little bit, mainly if we want to name a baby after anyone.

The card idea sounds so sweet! I hope you are able to give them that good news this month . Do they know you have been TTC? I have only told three people we are TTC (my mom and two friends) and DH has told no one.

My mother in law is visiting with us for an extended period of time starting at the end of November so it would be nice to be able to give the exciting news to her while she is staying with us!

the weird thing i get when we ttc is around the time of my ovulation when i suspect it and have lots of :sex: i tend to feel :sick: around those days and then it goes again i heard your progestrone levels surpose to rise after ovulation im new to BBT but i think my levels dropped after ovulation im thinking to sign up to fertilityfriend im still on verge of understanding how BBT works but fingers croxxed and lots of baby :dust: to everyone TTC :)

Hi There! :)

Yes, exactly - between being on the pill for forever and then from 2007 - 2010 the nuvaring - I had no idea what was normal for me any more...

Well actually, pretty much the entire family knows we are TTC :D ... they know that I have always wanted children, but without the right person... and being 36, it is getting to that time, isn't it :) Couple of close friends know as well, that we had started trying. I spoke with a couple of immediate family members, that it looks like fertility clinic - and my DH told his parents about the bad test results just a couple of weeks ago (when Father-in-Law asked how the offspring was coming along :blush: ... so imagine how amazing, if we didn't need the fertility clinic after all and could present an awesome b-day pressie :)

My family is spread all over - I live in Munich, my Dad + his family and one of my Grandma's is in the UK, my Mum and my other Grandma are in Hungary ... and I would have liked to be able to tell the family in person - but getting everyone together hardly ever happens :( ...

So I completely understand that you would love to give your Mother in Law the exciting news when she is with you in November ... all FX and Toes X that you will be able to :) :dust:

Hi Jaydee79 :)
Nice to see you here! :)
I'm afraid since I don't BBT, I can't really help, but I understand that there is a temperature dip right around ovulation and another one around implantation ... and thanks to the rising progesterone levels we have after we've O'd, we can have PG symptoms even though we're not ...
:dust: to you and :friends:

Bubu you are so brave for letting your family know in advance! I was worried people would keep asking so I asked DH if we can keep it on the hush hush. His mom will be staying with us for 7 long weeks so something could also happen then as well. I am glad that DH did not tell her we were trying because he thought she would keep asking too much during her visit otherwise.

Sorry to hear your family is so spread out! DH is originally from the Netherlands so his mom lives there and isn't here too often either but my family is about a 2 hr drive away.

Jaydee I also have not started to test for BBT so I don't know much about that yet. I figured in a few months if nothing is working then that would be the next step. I know I definitely think I am feeling some symptoms but it is probably hormones messing with my mind! :wacko:

Hello!

I have recently started to TTC #1. September was our first month of trying. I am about 4 DPO and am waiting to see if anything happened but an doubtful because it is just our first month.

Is there anyone else who is still learning like I am and wants to chat about the ups and downs of TTC or having baby #1?

Etoiles

im surposed to be 4DPO today also so we r kinda r in the same boat iv only been trying for 2months :) ya welcome to add me as a friend if you like :kiss: no probs :dust:

im surposed to be 4DPO today also so we r kinda r in the same boat iv only been trying for 2months :) ya welcome to add me as a friend if you like :kiss: no probs :dust:

Yes please feel free to join in. Today I am about 7 DPO and I feel like I have definitely felt some fake symptoms probably because I am paying attention so much.

I feel hopeful that if I get an expected BFN this month I will be able to go forward with the new knowledge next month that I learned from this site.

Etoiles - well, pretty much all my family knows how much I love kids and that I always wanted them... since we got married last October, (and considering my age), it was fairly likely that we would start trying soon... and the parents are looking forward to the first grandchild... my grandmothers to another great grandchild ... just now at a wedding in Hungary, I was asked by an aunt - and how is the baby coming along? ... I guess it's just that way in our family and I have no problem being open about it. And if they know that we might have to go the route of the treatment, then there will be understanding and support around us... :)

Hello Jaydee79 - welcome :hugs2: and lots of :dust: :)

When my husband still had his grandma around she sounded like your family and asked a lot but my family is very private and keeps things to themselves most of the time.

Anyone else finding it hard not to test early?? I have three cheap tests I bought for $1 each just sitting in the closet and it is really tempting me and hard to hold back and wait. I know if it is a BFP it will be disappointing.

I am not having any more symptoms really, just sore chest but that also happens before AF so hard to say if it is a symptom or not.

Good luck to you both! It's getting close to that time.

Yes - and I have to admit, I did actually already do a test. You see I went to the Oktoberfest with my colleagues last night and ... so I tested in the morning. The test was :bfn: ... but I still didn't drink much :)

On Wednesday I had one streak of light blood when wiping, so I thought uhoh and - since I was in our France office in meetings all day, put in a tampon. When I removed it, there was practically nothing on it. Same yesterday - because of O-Fest and because after BD in the morning (my DH saw a little blood), I put in tampon - at home in the evening, zero...

By nipples have been particularly sensitive since last night ... but then again, could be :witch:

So ... fingers are all crossed - sorry I haven't been around much! Drove back from Hungary on Sunday, flew to Paris on Monday, meetings all Tuesday and Wednesday, got home midnight Wednesday night ...

:hugs2: and :dust: :)

Sorry to hear about your BFN but it that was very early and I think too early to tell really so I would still say it is up in the air! Good luck with everything, it could be some good signs! It sounds like you are very busy so it's probably better, I know when I am busy time passes by much faster!

I am going to wait to test (we'll see how that goes) until Wednesday. Since I have only been off BCP since August I am not sure how long the cycle will be. Last time it was 31 days so we'll see if anything happens. Still checking for signs but I feel much more doubtful lately.

Good luck! You definitely deserve some good news!

Well I kind of expected it but it is still depressing because the :witch: got me today. At least she came early so I can start on my new cycle soon. I hope the two of you had better luck than me this month!

Well... after getting :bfn: on Saturday and yesterday morning, I woke up at 5 am this morning to find the :witch: a-visiting...

so :hugs2: and :dust: all around. To be honest - I wasn't really expecting anything else (since we received DH's SA results beginning of September) - but a woman can still hope, especially, when the :witch: comes later than usual!

:hugs2:

So sorry to hear that the :witch: got you too! I was hoping Sept. was your month. At least you already have your appt. made so that is something to look forward to.

This weekend I enjoyed being able to take medicine for headaches and allergies without worrying about doing any damage to something potentially in me and I definitely enjoyed a nice cocktail. You have one too, you deserve it!

I saw this really interesting video on YouTube called the Great Sperm Race. It acts out the path of the sperm but the sperm are humans. My husband was also fascinated by this, you might be interested to check it out. We watched all 6 parts in a row and could not stop.

I agree, a woman can have hope and keep yours up! This is a new month! Best of luck to you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->