TTC #1 first medicated cycle

Samirose224

Reaction score
DH and I have been TTC #1 since last September. I had a CP back in May (possibly due to low progesterone) I started seeing an RE last month and had an HSG about a week ago. Both tubes were blocked with mucus but she was able to clear them with some pressure and the dye. This is my first month on clomid with a trigger shot. I’m hoping that someone out there can give me a bit of advice/support.

I was on 50mg or Clomid from cd3-7. I went for an u/s this morning (cd11) and I have 3 follicles. my follicles are still on the smaller side (16,16 and 15) so my RE wants to wait a few more days before I trigger. I guess my biggest question would be when I should start DTD! I assume we should BD the days leading up to the trigger but my RE told me we should abstain and then have sex the day of the trigger and the following day. I iust don’t want to kiss out and would think that the more sex leading up to the trigger the better? Maybe I’m wrong and just over analyzing!!

If anyone has any suggestions or input I would really appreciate it!

Hi! I'm so excited for you! 16 isn't small as most REs find that anything over 18 to be fully mature and you can trigger them. When you go back for your next monitoring ultrasound you should see the 16s at at least 18 and the 15 may grow too. Hopefully one of them will take the lead and mature first.

When they trigger you, the trigger will finalize the maturation process for the lead follicles and prepare them for ovulation and force ovulation to happen. You want to DTD the day of trigger for sure, but I don't agree with abstaining unless there are male factor issues with your partner's sperm. My RE told us to DTD two days before trigger to flush out any old sperm, then DTD the day of trigger and every day after for 3 days since we have no sperm issues. If there are sperm issues then day of trigger and every other day is usually the protocol. When the man hasn't been tested then every other day is fine.

This is so exciting! Did they tell you the thickness of your lining and your e2?

Thanks! Yea, I’m excited but a bit anxious. I really hope that this helps and I can finally get my bfp! DH hasn’t been tested yet, maybe that is why she is being cautious and having us wait until day of trigger and day after to BD? We dtd yesterday and when I went for my u/s this morning she said to definitely wait and abstain until the trigger. I’m just used to tracking O and making sure to dtd as soon as I get ewcm and a positive opk. Ugh I’m just so worried there won’t be enough swimmers up there waiting lol!

I have another apt tomorrow to check the follicles and I’m guess she’ll either give me the shot then or have me trigger Friday AM depending on their size. She did tell me my thickness but of course I forgot!! She’s throwing so many numbers at me it’s hard to remember everything lol. But I DO know that she said it was good and thick

Last edited:
How did your ultrasound go? What sizes do we have today? I'm so excited. One thing I had kind of wished that I had done, at least for future reference, was to keep charting during my injectables cycle. It would have helped me to understand where I was in reference to how my temps and body reacted during the next cycle. It also helps to see exactly how long after trigger you ovulate since for some women it can vary by a few hours to even a whole day.

e2 is the most important because it tells you how mature the follicles are in reference to their size and the potential maturity of the egg inside the follicles. Each mature egg should have an e2 of 200 or just a tiny bit more. So if you've got 3 follicles and an e2 of like 600, then you know that all 3 are pretty mature and your chances of ovulating all of them is higher, than if you have 2 17mm follicles and your e2 was only 315 or so, then that would mean that you more than likely should wait another day or so before triggering. I could go on and on about this all day, it really fascinates me.

Can't wait for an update!

Hey! So my scan was good! The one follicle on my left ovary grew to 20!!!! The two on my right are both 16 (so only one grew). She gave me the trigger shot at my appointment and said I will definitely ovulate the one on my left and could possible ovulate atleast 1 from my right so fingers crossed!

I wish I would have known about the e2 so that I could ask her about it... that’s not something I’ve ever heard of before. My lining was 8.8, which she said was really good. But I have nothing to compare that too so I’m taking her word for it lol!

Im glad I got to bd Wednesday, since I took her advice and abstained last night to help boost DH numbers. So we’ll dtd tonight and tomorrow and hope that it’s enough to catch the egg. I might throw in Saturday too just for a little extra lol

Where are you at in your cycle?

Holy follicle batman!!!! That's awesome!

That 20 is mature, so there's no need to worry about the e2 unless one of those 16's was a 17. Then if your e2 was at 400 or so you'd know that both would probably ovulate. But that 20 is nice and mature so that's gonna hopefully be a good eggie!

Don't be surprised if you feel ovulation from both sides.

I always ovulated within 24 hours of the trigger. Some women it's 36 to even 40, but that's less common. So day of trigger and the day after trigger is great.

Since the trigger shot is HCG, your pregnancy tests will be positive if you take them at any point in the first 10 days I believe. I got a half shot of 250mg of ovidrel and it left my system at 9dpo.

I said all of that to say if you've got cheapie tests around, you can start taking them at about 6-7dpo to test the trigger out of your system so that you'll know when your body is producing it's own HCG. Hopefully that helps. My tests were negative by 9dpo evening, then positive again at 11dpo even though it was a chemical.

Wishing you the best!

I usually don’t get ovulation pain, but I’ve been feeling some light twinges. It’s mostly on the left (where my big follicle is) but some on my right also. I wonder if it’s all the medication this month making me more aware of it?

I have some cheepies at home since I’m a poas addict lol! I’ve read about testing out the trigger before so I’ll might start around 7dpo or so.

Do you normally temp during a medicated cycle to confirm o? Ive been charting for a while now but I read that sometimes all the meds can mess with your temps. I did notice that my temps were a bit high when I was taking the clomid so I’m not sure if FF will give me the crosshairs. I’ll keeps temping either way, just figured I’d see if you had any issues with it.

So sorry about your chemical I had one a few more the back and know how rough it is. Where are you in your cycle now? I saw in your siggy that your taking natural supplements this month, what are you taking?

So I’m 9dpt and have been testing the trigger out. It’s still positive which I was kind of surprised about. How long should it normally take for the hcg to be out of my system?

I usually don’t get ovulation pain, but I’ve been feeling some light twinges. It’s mostly on the left (where my big follicle is) but some on my right also. I wonder if it’s all the medication this month making me more aware of it?

I have some cheepies at home since I’m a poas addict lol! I’ve read about testing out the trigger before so I’ll might start around 7dpo or so.

Do you normally temp during a medicated cycle to confirm o? Ive been charting for a while now but I read that sometimes all the meds can mess with your temps. I did notice that my temps were a bit high when I was taking the clomid so I’m not sure if FF will give me the crosshairs. I’ll keeps temping either way, just figured I’d see if you had any issues with it.

So sorry about your chemical I had one a few more the back and know how rough it is. Where are you in your cycle now? I saw in your siggy that your taking natural supplements this month, what are you taking?
Hi Samie! Well I am currently on CD 12 and waiting for a temp rise to confirm O.

One thing I really hate that I didn't do during my medicated cycles was temp. I think you should always have that in your records in case you need them.

My tests with half the trigger shot were always negative by 9dpo, but what you want to look for is a progression at this point. Take the same brand every day at the same time (FMU or afternoon pee) to see if the lines are getting lighter (which means the HCG is still leaving your system), or darker (which means your own body is producing HCG now).

One of my cycles my HCG stayed in my system 12 days though, as I was getting light lines until AF. Keep testing! Do you have pictures of the tests you're taking? Have you saved them so you can compare them?

Hey, so I have been testing with the same brand with fmu everyday and to be honest I don’t really see much of a difference in the color of the lines!!! I started at 7dpt and day 8 looked light so I bought it was leaving hut then day 9 10 and 11 all look about the same and are darker than day 8. It’s driving me a bit crazy lol!!

And unfortunately I ran out of my cheapies so I won’t be able to keep checking. I have some cvs brand and frers but I know hey are more sensitive than the wondfos I were using so I won’t really be able to gauge anything if I test tomorrow

Here are my tests from 7 days past the trigger (on top) to this morning which is 11 days past. Today’s test looks a bit lighter then yesterday in the pic but in person they look almost the same

633F0667-B12D-4A63-8531-CDF35305AF5C.jpeg

It sucks that you ran out of cheapies, don't you hate that! It always happens at the worst possible time I think.

I say start with the CVS brand since they are cheaper and see what you get. You can start a progression from another brand, you'd just have to test for 2 or 3 days to see what happens.

Yea thats gonna be my plan. I’m gonna take a cvs brand tomorrow and see what it does over the next few days. I’m trying to stay hopeful [-o<

Merry Christmas!!! So I took a cvs test this morning and it’s super super faint, but the line is there. It’s a blue dye test, which I hate!!! I find them much harderto read. I’m assuming it’s catching the very tail end of the trigger. Now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it gets darker tomorrow

6D8FED72-6484-4232-A736-3D24A0E16F8F.jpeg 6DA5E0D4-C365-4B2C-8C86-5666B5C3F492.jpeg

Another faint positive this morning. Called my REs office to see if I can get in for a beta and of course they are not open today!!! So I’m going tomorrow for some blood work, the nurse did say however that it’s very unlikely that it is still the trigger shot and it is most likely a real positive. I am literally in shock right now and kind of freaking out! I won’t believe it until I get the beta back. So for right now I’m being cautiously optimistic

59D51401-AA6C-49C5-B00A-884340B5A345.jpeg

Took a frer and a digital tonight, I couldn’t help myself... still can’t believe it’s real.... hoping I have a sticky bean!!!

E7FF2172-9979-40DB-9713-39301F947AB3.jpeg 6359EA51-4A22-4636-9575-FB510B4D3272.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->