TTC#1 - how long did it take you?

jenners45

TTC #1
Reaction score
I've just turned 29 hubby is 31 in July, we've been ntnp for 7 months and actively ttc for the past 3 months, I just wondered how long it took you to get pregnant, and if/when did you see the dr for more help. I'm not temping or using OPKs yet, my cycles are pretty regular - 29 to 31 days and just trying to keep things as stress free and natural as possible. We both have stressful jobs and I don't really want to add to the stress by turning ttc into a science project (if you know what I mean!) My biggest worry is that dh had a testicular torsion in his teens, and although both are intact I'm just worried about if its affected his fertility. I guess I just want to know if I should be worrying just yet!

It took me 2 cycles to conceive my first. I thought I ovulated on the standard day 14 so we DTD from that day on and I was surprised when the :witch: showed that cycle. The next cycle we DTD the entire month, every day or every other day, and caught the egg that time. It resulted in my beautiful daughter. With my son we used OPKs and got it on the first cycle of trying. Good luck!

I'm interested in this as well! We've been ntnp for 11 months and have been TTC for just once cycle but didn't catch it the first time so we're on to our 2nd month of TTC. I'm not temping or taking OPK's either, want to try to stay as sane as possible but not sure how long that will last lol we're going to try to BD every other day this month and hope for the best!

It took one cycle for both of my pregnancies (1st ended at 9 wks). I was pregnant with dd 2 weeks after I miscarried the first pregnancy.
We have been ttc without temps or opk for 9 months now, I haven't had af arrive since dd was born so I think my body is naturally spacing our babies for us. :flower:
Good luck and :dust: to all!

My first son, it took a few months, about 3. My second son was a surprise, and it was ONE time that my ex did not pull out!!!

Now that I am married, it is taking a lot longer than expected!!!! I am onto cycle 7 this month. I did conceive the first month of trying, but it ended in a miscarriage :(

With my first i got pregnant on our 3rd cycle. I was charting my bbt at that time. Unfortunately I miscarried at 12 weeks. We are currently on our 3rd cycle ttc post mc.

Best of luck!

7 months, but that was after coming off the pill. I came off it in June, tried but probably missed my fertile window cause my cycles were all over the place. When they finally calmed down a bit I read up on fertility friend all about charting etc. and started to temp. I got pregnant my first cycle of temping/charting.

My second was 5 months, third was 3 months, fourth was first cycle trying after stopping breastfeeding.

We have been NTNP since January (missing last month) and before that for the last 4 and a half years he was only pulling out but we had at least 7/8 cycles where he didn't pull out right in my fertile window and nothing.

I got pregnant first cycle 3 times but MC twice before my DS caught and stuck. DS was conceived immediately after second MC before my first AF, he is now an awesome, beautiful 7 month old and we are ttc again. Have been ntnp since he was born and cycles resumed at 4 months when I stopped bf. It is taking longer this time as I am now on cycle #4 and last month was the first time ttc with real effort. Hopefully this is our month!

It took us about 9 months of NTNP (we were also pretty young and with no other kids so we DTD all the time!) to conceive with our first. I remember it was so hard to not get discouraged cause I knew so many other people who seemed to fall pregnant on the first or second cycle. For some women it's normal for it to take that long! Just think of it as your perfect little bundle just waiting for the right time for you! I was hoping to fall pregnant sooner, because baby fever latches on and takes control of your life, but once I got pregnant when I did the timing all made perfect sense. It will happen just when it should, until then have fun with it! Good luck and lots of dust to you!!

It took me about 5 months the first time which we sadly lossed and then 6 months to the day of our loss to conceive our little boy.

Thanks everyone for the replys, I guess everyone is differen't so I shouldn't be discouraged just yet!

It took us about 9 months of NTNP (we were also pretty young and with no other kids so we DTD all the time!) to conceive with our first. I remember it was so hard to not get discouraged cause I knew so many other people who seemed to fall pregnant on the first or second cycle. For some women it's normal for it to take that long!!
This made me feel a lot better to, and I know what you mean about other people falling pregnant quickly!

It took me 3 cycles, but I came off the pill so the first month was just trying to work out when my period would come. I used OKP for 2, 3 month because my cycles were so varied (20-32 days).

Good luck!

It took us the first time. I was shocked. I was 26. Now we are trying for #2 and I am 36 and it is a lot harder.

It took me 8 months of temping and opk's. I was 21. I'd wait until a year to see a doctor unless you have something really worrying you like super long/short cycles or something like that.

I'm now 24 and been TTC for over a year with two losses and just now seeing an RE.

It took me 4 years but I wasn't trying for maybe 12 months total off and on, so I would say 3 years. One of those years out of the 3, I was doing IVF and not have sex at all and that goes towards the 12 months of not trying. So two years minus a few months natural and one year of IVF every few months. Not as easy for some unfortunately. I hope you're not on my end of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->