TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Dream! Happy birthday to Luke! Going back to work is hard, but it becomes “normal” again. I’ve not physically been at work since March either and so that’s two school years that I got to stay home with Kaydence for so long.. so now I’m back to the “I don’t wanna leave her!” Again.

sunny no change at work. Still planning on 5 day week fully face to face. I have 22 students. A few less than normal but there will be zero social distancing. I’ve been working on my online platform we use on our district and I will essentially be teaching online, but in person so when we inevitably have to go virtual, it’s all the same. Also, I totally get that about TTC. The last two months I got bfn and part of me is ok with that but part of me isn’t. It’s so hard.

amber- all the positive labor vibes going your way!! I’m so excited for you! I can’t wait to hear about your new guy!!

It's day 2 back in the office. Yuck. I'm dealing with the separation surprisingly well. It just really sucks in the evenings realizing what little time I have with him. By the time I get home, make dinner, I have online Zoom workouts at 7pm for an hour then it's bath and bed for my baby. I'm sure I'll adjust but it sucks.

Amber - I hope your baby is safe and sound in your arms by now. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sunny - I'm in Ontario and it's about $1500/month.

I think we're going to start TTC towards the end of the year. November, December maybe. Such a weird decision when you've struggled in the past. All we can do is hope for the best I suppose.

Hi ladies- just stopping by to say baby boy is here! Born 8/18, 7 lbs, 19 inches, VBAC!
We are working on settling in. So far recovery has been good and he is taking to breastfeeding well.

Wow, it feels so strange being back here after two years away. I think I must have deleted my account because I had to create a new one!

I didn’t expect to see all those lovely familiar names pop up! Can’t believe you all have children now, a very belated congratulations to you all

Hi Steph!!!! Is it weird that I have thought about you in the past year? Haha I wondered how you were doing!!

Amber! Congrats! I’m so happy you were able to have a VBAC and of course a precious little boy!

Steph!! So excited to hear from you! How’s school been and EVERYTHING?! I’ve also thought about you. Since you’re back does that mean you are back to TTC?

Steph! So good to hear from you! How are you doing?

Aaaah I’ve missed you guys! It feels completely insane that it’s been over two years since I spoke to any of you- seems like just a few months!

You need to each tell me who has had which baby and when because it will be a nightmare trying to work my way back through this thread!!

So my big news is that I’m about to graduate from my MSc with a distinction and am now a registered nurse! Currently on a respiratory word but I finish tomorrow night and start my new job as an oncology nurse on 14th September. Something good definitely came out of all the crap from 2017/18, that’s for sure.

No, we’re not actually trying, but I was just so eager to see how you were all doing. We had planned to go on a big holiday next April/May as we both turn 30 next year. We want to go to Borneo but there is still a Zika risk so if everything goes to plan we hope to do our FET a couple of months after that. Obviously with the whole COVID situation our holiday plans may change so so the FET could be slightly earlier, but probably still Spring or early summer.

We have our seven remaining embryos so hopefully we will have a fair shot. We plan to contact our fertility clinic in the new year and get the ball rolling.

I’m bloody terrified

Steph that's amazing - CONGRATS!!!

Oh I so hope this COVID business gets under control. The potential fall wave they're talking about is a bit scary. We've had plans to go to Orlando for American thanksgiving in November for over a year now, and that's certainly looking like it's not going to happen.

I had my boy August 2019, so I just returned to work a couple weeks ago. His name is Luke and obviously my favourite person on the planet.

I forgot how many embryos you guys had, that's fantastic. Well, you know whenever you're ready to dive back into TTC we are here for you 100%.

Oh my bloody word, is he not just the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Well done you, he is just beautiful and a lovely name to match

Steph!! That's amazing! Congrats!!! I can't believe it you've accomplished all that in what feels like such a short period of time. I'm sure you'll be an amazing oncology nurse. Sounds like 2021 is going to be a really great year for you (and hopefully, for all of us because we all deserve that after 2020 ughhhh).

We had our little girl in December of 2018, a week before Christmas. She's the absolute best <3

Dream, he is way too cute!! Love that little bun :D

DSC09947.png

Last edited:
That sounds wonderful Steph! I had planned to go back to Prague to get some of my frozen embabies too but.. ya know.. COVID! Ugh..
but you have so many great things going on and coming up- we are excited to have you back!

my little girl was born February of 2019. LOVE HER!

B708E2A4-597E-4A48-A766-FA8A9C8ACF00.jpeg

Steph- congratulations on becoming an RN and graduating soon! I hope your transition to oncology goes smoothly!

What a bunch of beautiful babies, love the pictures!

Here are my sweet boys

IMG_20200902_183636.jpg IMG_20200902_183542.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back