TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Yayyyyy! Those pics are soooo nice and clear Sunny. That's awesome! This is making me giddy for my scan but It's not until May 7.

How far along are you now Sunny?

Steph - sounds like a good sign the bleed may be coming up.

No major nausea or vommitting for me. I had none really with Luke so I'm hoping for a similar experience. My BBs feel super heavy and I too feel like I'm eating ALL the time.

TB - Glad you're able to stack up your time so you can spend as much time home with your new little one as possible.

I'd really like to take 18 months off this time, since I know it's going to be our last baby but I don't know if that would work out financially. DH and I have lots of time to talk about it though. I ended up taking just over 13 month with Luke and honestly I wasn't ready to leave him but I was ready to go back to work, if that makes any sense.

I'm 9 weeks 4 days Dream :) How far along will you be for your first ultrasound?

Sunny- that’s awesome!!! Baby is looking great! So happy to see this! And yay for not having to wait! Lol

dream- I hope you stay pretty well symptom free! I had bouts of nausea with this one but nothing crazy and not for too long! Can’t wait for your scan!!

Steph- I have not been as active this pregnancy. The beginning and up until about 25 weeks I was able to workout 3x a week. Then I started having severe pelvic pain- found out it was from baby being sunny side up and I’ve only just been able to flip her back. Now I’m kind of at the point where walking and running around with my two year old is the only workout I’m getting.. but I am bound and determined that when I’m clear to, I will be getting back into it after baby :)

@SunnyBe I'll be 7+4 for my dating ultrasound. It's taking forever but also coming up quickly. So we're just shy of 4 weeks apart. I'll get another ultrasound around 12 weeks then nothing till the anatomy. With my first my OB booked us in with a special cardiologist to check on his heart, so we got an extra peek at 16 weeks and got to confirm the gender early. I'm hoping we can do that again. My first OB appt is over the phone and not until June 16, my family doc is taking care of me until then.

I was working out 6 days a week before our most recent COVID lockdown which came about a week before I got my BFP. I was going to an F45 studio, you may know them, they have locations all across North America I believe. I'm the type where I need to be in the gym to be motivated. The home workouts or online stuff just doesn't do it for me. I'm trying not to be sedentary though (like I was last time). Doing only about 2 home workouts per week, but I guess it's better than nothing right?

Oh sunny that scan pic is so beautiful!

Glad you ladies are all feeling well!

Looking forward to seeing your scan pic Dream!

Ooooh how lovely Sunny, well done you!!! Such good news.

Well, what a turn up for the books... my period came yesterday so I start oestrogen tomorrow and then have a lining check on 11th May. Husband and I were so relieved!

Steph! That’s awesome!! Things are aligning!!!

had my 36 week check today. I’m dilated to a 1 and 60% effaced. OB said her head is pretty low. He also warned me that there’s a larger bag of fluid right there too so if my water was to break, it would be obvious and not a trickle like some people get lol greaaaaat. That being said, my water didn’t break until I was pushing Kaydence out last time so I’m not overly worried!

Yayyyy Steph!! That's wonderful news, right on schedule!! Hope your body responds nicely to the estrogen pills :)

Tb; can you imagine if your water would break in class :D

Dream; so one more week until your scan? It's so exciting/nerve-wracking isn't it?!

Lol Sunny- I know! I teach 10 year olds so I’ve already told them “if it looks like I’ve peed my pants- I didn’t!” :haha: we also have a game plan in case I do go into labor.. man that would make a funny story

Omg that would be hilarious though :D You'll be on their minds for the rest of their lives every time they see someone in a movie going into labor, and they'll have the best story to tell :D

Ahhh thanks girls, you’re all such wonderful cheerleaders!

Haha TB as much as I’m wishing you a drama free labour, it would be so interesting to see how your kiddies react!!

Less than a week to go now Dream

There is so much going on in this group right now!

I started my progynova tablets yesterday and have a lining checked booked in straight after nights on the 11th... hope I don’t fall asleep on the examination table

My colleagues have been keeping me in hysterics all week, making fun of my new found menopausal side effects. They have no filter which is definitely making everything much more enjoyable

Morning Girls -

So I got the results of my bloodwork back this morning and I'm not loving it.
My HCG was at 4039 which reads in the 4-5weeks range and at the time of draw I was 6w4d by LMP and 6w3d by what I think was O day. Soooo it's low. I dunno if I can handle another miscarriage. It's showing way more promising then with my MMC last year. In comparison my HGC then was only 298 at 6w0d. So in a much better boat comparatively but I'm still pretty nervous that it's not where it should be.

This is the chart my lab uses

Female (Non pregnant) < 5
Gestational Age:
===============
< 1 week 5 - 50
1 - 2 weeks 50 - 500
2 - 3 weeks 100 - 5000
3 - 4 weeks 500 - 10,000
4 - 5 weeks 1000 - 50,000
5 - 6 weeks 10,000 - 100,000
6 - 8 weeks 15,000 - 200,000
8 - 12 weeks 10,000 - 100,000

I'm trying not to panic. I have no idea what my levels were with my successful pregnancy so I'll just keep hoping for the best. Not sure if my doc will ask me to retest before my scan on Friday. We'll see.

Glad you get some "support" from your colleagues Steph :D

Dream, will you get a redraw to see if the levels are going up or down? If the doctor is dismissive of your concerns I'd definitely tell them you're absolutely sure of your dates (give or take a day) and remind them you've had a MC last year. Hopefully they'll understand and either redraw, or move your scan up (although usually a heartbeat can't be seen unless your hcg levels reach 10,000, but hopefully they see a sac and pole). Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!!

Realizing this chart is iu/L and not miu/mL, not sure how that math works out. But more importantly realizing this chart is weeks from O not weeks pregnant. It's showing levels for 1-2 weeks which has to be from O because obviously your levels are 0 at 1-2 weeks pregnant. I'm making sense right? So I should be measuring in range for 4w3d which I'm right on track.... I think, right? Blahhhh

I think I'm okay. I dunno.

So really I should be at

IU/L is the same as mIU/mL so should be the same! And yes, good catch on the range being measured as gestational age. But according to the chart, an hCG of 500 at 6 weeks would be within the normal range, which from research I'd say there'd be a 90-95% chance of it not making it.

Luckily, yours is nearly 10 times higher than that!

Betabase (https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single) is a great resource to check average hCG levels of pregnancies that made it to at least a heartbeat. You'd be right around 30 DPO, right? While the median is 17,000 if you click on it... you'll see that there are 138 pregnancies that fall right within your range (and about a 100 below that!). So yes, it's on the low side but definitely doesn't mean that it's doomed to fail!!!

Moved my scan to Thursday instead of Friday cause I'm getting really anxious. I wanted Wednesday but they were fully booked. I literally go back and forth every 30 mins as to if I think this pregnancy is viable or not. Emotional rollercoaster over here.

How's everyone else doing on this Monday?

Sad news there's no heartbeat anymore. I went in for NIPT testing and they did a quick doppler check, couldn't find the heartbeat, and the ultrasound later confirmed it. Heartbroken :(

Oh My Goodness Sunny - my jaw and my heart are on the floor - I am so sorry to hear this my friend. ugh, my heart is hurting for you. Nothing I say can make this better, just know we are here for you at all times in every way we can be.

Biggest hugs!

Oh Sunny, I am so so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you all. We’re all here for you if you want to talk. Look after yourself lady ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->