TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Yep, there and then, Sunny - so if nothing looks funny I'll be taking my first dose of provera on Tuesday evening, and having a Prostap injection while I'm at the clinic.

How's everything with you?? How long until your scan now?

Ahhh perfect!! Hoping you'll get some good news and can get started right away. I'll keep everything crossed :)

10 days until the scan, ugh!!

Thinking of you today Steph! Sending you all the good vibes.

Not much going on over here today. It's been 3 days I think since I last tested so I'm doing well on that front lol. I have some mild pulling/cramps throughout the day still, nothing wild. The BBs are very sore. Other than that I'm feeling good. Filled my prenatal prescription over the weekend as well.

Is it April 30th yet? (bloodwork day) I wonna know my HCG levels. :-k

Ahhh thanks girls! Everything went well and I have just taken my first dose of provera- can’t believe this cycle has officially started!

Yayyy Steph!!! So glad that everything looked good! Hoping the Provera works right away and you can officially start the countdown until T(ransfer)-day!

Sunny- you are so right lol and yes we have a name- Olivia! Up until a few days ago it was for sure Olivia Grace, but someone told me “grace is way over used” so it got in my head and I’m wondering if I need a new middle name?? Ugh why do people have to open their mouths!

steph- I’m so glad everything went well and things are a go!! Can’t wait for your transfer!!

dream did you contact Sneak Peek yet?

afm- had a weird thing happen today and left work for a l&d visit.
I started having some random vertigo and dizzy spells. So I asked the school nurse to check my blood pressure- 143/75 which for me is much higher. I’m a 106/62 (like almost always exactly these numbers) kind of girl so I was like whoaaa ok.. sent my doctor a message and he wanted me to go in to get checked out. I had to teach math (lol) so I figured I’d wait until recess then get checked again. If it was still high I’d go, if it was more normal, I’d pass. Well it was 145/90 so I left. Everything is fine so maybe Just a fluke. Little Olivia was not a fan of the monitors and moved around like crazy and the poor nurse had to come in and adjust them several times haha but of course now I’m nervous and paranoid!

I’m so nervous about the provera Sunny! I remember last time waiting what felt like weeks before I had any type of bleed, and my lining on the scan on Tuesday was so thin. Of course I came home and googled ‘no bleed after provera’ and went down a rabbit hole

awww TB, Olivia and Grace are beautiful names and if you want them, you have them. Some people would do very well to just mind their own business!

Sorry to hear about your L&D visit. Reassuring that everything is fine but I totally get why you you’re feeling nervous now. Sending you all the good vibes

Sunny and Dream, I know it’s still early days but do you have any name possibilities yet?

Husband and I have had to change ours a few times over the past five years because close relatives have nabbed them

@Steph1012 I don't really know how provera works... How long after are you supposed to start a bleed? Is there a 'typical' range?

@tbfromlv I agree with Steph. Both are beautiful names. Yes, Grace is common but that's cause its a beautiful name and what I consider a classic. Can't go wrong with a classic and it goes nicely with Olivia.

We are always team boy over here, some names on our list are Miles, Trey, Cole & Jackson. If it's a girl it's Tori but not Victoria just Tori lol.

I have one last CB Digital test with weeks indicator that I'm going to take with FMU tomorrow. Hoping to see that 3+ weeks.

Dream, it’s apparently around 7-10 days afterwards but of course it could be more and could be less. If I remember rightly, for the FET in 2018 it took about 14 days and even then was only a tiny bit of spotting. My lining built up nicely with the progynova at that time though. I’m just torturing myself with the ‘what ifs’...

Oooh nice names, I like Miles best I think. And Tori is a great name for a girl, she sounds sporty

Love those names Tb!! How has your BP been since Tuesday?

Steph; the good thing about having a thin lining is that it means that your hormones were already downregulated. Normally estrogen builds up that lining and you need to get your period because you want the lining thin when you start your cycle (so that the drugs can build it back up nicely). But due to PCOS, the eggs aren't growing, which means estrogen isn't rising, which in turn keeps your lining thin.... all this to say that I think that even if you don't bleed, they might still be able to get you started.

Dream: ahhh we're the exact opposite! Can't think of *any* boy names. I like boy names for other people, but not for myself... if that makes sense lol. So I try not to think about it too much right now and will start to worry about what to do if we find out we'll have a boy :D

Scan is next Thursday and if all goes well, I think we'll probably do NIPT (where we'll find out the sex) a week or two later

I wouldn't mind doing the NIPT but we didn't with the first cause its not covered under our provincial health care. Its $500 or something like that, I think we will likely skip it again. My doc did warn or increased risk with age, but I don't think I'm thaaaaaat old lol.

I got a new SneakPeak yay

Ahhhh Sunny you are just the best person to know! You’ve just instantly made me feel a little better about it all, thank you ❤️ Here’s hoping I at least get the tiniest bit of spotting so I can phone the clinic and just crack on!

Oooh that scan is so close now, so exciting! Have you any symptoms?

I've got stabbing in my right armpit. Fum times, I forgot about the little jabs.

Steph- Sunny has been a wealth of great knowledge for us all hasn’t she? I’m so excited for your FET!

dream- so glad! Did they just replace your expired one? I like those names a lot! We came up with tons of names both boys and girls that we like.. but not for us haha she didn’t have a name until I was about 25 weeks or so! And we found out at 11 weeks that she was a girl

sunny- I honestly haven’t checked again. It went back to normal at hospital and Ive felt fine since so I figure It’s good. I may check tomorrow though.

I have my 36 week on Thursday so I’ll have my first cervical check and strep b test! I also never got to ask my OB if I should call ahead if I’m coming in (so they can page him) or if it’s not his on call rotation/office hours if he still comes in to deliver baby. Last time was like 10 minutes in the hospital and I had a baby in my arms so I have no idea what to expect this time

Happy to see the 3+ on my digital this morning. With my MMC last year I never got past 2-3 weeks. So it makes me a feel a little bit of comfort until my bloodwork next Friday.

You're so close TB. All these end of the road tests. Is your hospital bag packed?

20210423_075607.jpg

TB, once you’ve had her will you be off school until the new term starts again in September? Or are all your terms different over there? Does Kaydence (sorry if wrong spelling) understand what’s happening?

Oooh yay Dream, that’s a reassuring sign. Only a week to go until you get those blood tests - hopefully smooth sailing from here on ❤️

Oooh dream that looks nice! I love it. I know that feels reassuring!!! Feeling any symptoms? I can’t remember- were you sick with Luke?

steph- yes my actual due date is the first week of our summer break. Then I’m going to take the first 6 weeks of the new school year off too. I had enough saved time off with Kaydence to combine my off time with summer to get 6 months off. This time it will be about 4 months. Which stinks, but it’s waaaay better than the standard 6 weeks we have (insert eye roll)

Tb- glad your BP came back down. Not much longer now! I think the name Olivia Grace is beautiful. Those 2 were on my list of girl names. That's so wild that you delivered 10 minutes after arriving to the hospital.

I remember them telling me I had a long ways to go when I arrived to the hospital after my water broke. I was 2cm and having no contractions. Once contractions started I delivered in less than 6 hrs. Everyone was suprised... I got to the hospital just after midnight and they kept telling me I wouldn't have a baby until that night or the next morning.

Steph- yay for starting this cycle!

Dream- 3 weeks on the digital, so exciting! How are you feeling? I like all those names, Miles was on my list too!

Sunny- less than a week until scan day! Are you having any symptoms?

Last edited:
6 weeks standard maternity leave is just insane. I assume if somebody hasn’t accrued annual leave they could take extra maternity unpaid without the risk of losing their job?

Took my final provera tablet this morning... the next wait begins! My nipples are killing me and as someone without any kind of cycle, this is rarity and I think I quite like it in a warped kind of way!

Just finished three nights and I am so excited to get into a bed with freshly made sheets tonight

TB I meant to ask, are you still into your weight training?

Hoping the Provera soon kicks in Steph!!! But hey, the breast tenderness sounds like a good start :D

Amber, I'm a bit nauseous every now and then and I have an appetite of a teenage boy lol. I just can't stop eating. Gained almost 5 pounds already (but was slightly underweight before I got pregnant so can use a few extra pounds). It's funny though because I didn't have any of that with my first!

Tb; 4 months off sounds pretty great! They grow so fast those first few months.

Dream; yayyy for 3+ weeks. Now it's time to step awayyyy from the tests :D Don't do what I did lol.

AFM; got a call from my OBGYN on Friday asking if I'd like to come in on Monday instead of Thursday. Uh YES PLEASE :D So I just had my first ultrasound and everything is measuring right on track. Heartbeat of 176 bpm and the little one even gave us the thumbs up lol.

Thumbsup.jpg US-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->