TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Oh sunny! I am so sorry! What awful news. I’m sending you all the love and hugs.

Oh no sunny, so very sorry. Heartbreaking! Sending you guys lots of love!

Thank you!! I've been pretty much crying non stop for 2 days straight, but will be okay eventually. Going in for another blood draw today (beta was 80,000 on Tuesday), should be going down for the next one. Then a D&C next week after another ultrasound if it doesn't start on its own :(

Dream, please update us with some good scan news later today okay? This thread needs it! Keeping everything crossed!!!

Oh bless you Sunny. I so wish you weren’t having to go through all this. ❤️

Yes Dream, wishing you all the best for your scan- update us ASAP please!

Hi guys. Here's my blurry bean blob. Measuring 7w0d with a little heartbeat and all. I'm happy, I feel relieved but also still very worried at the same time. I know you guys get it.

20210506_135502.jpg

Ahhh I'm so happy to see that little one!! Yes it's incredibly scary, but this is such an important milestone. Keep that in mind!!

Sunny, just know you have all of us to cry/vent to! I know your heart is in pieces. I hope things go “smoothly” for what will have to be done.

dream- I am so happy to see that beautiful scan! I know it’s hard to not worry (heck I’m still worrying over here) but I hope you enjoy the happy too!

I had an OB appointment yesterday. 75% effaced, dilated to “almost” a 2, very very soft and baby is sinking low. My doctor said “I don’t like to jinx people but... I would expect you have a similar time frame for labor as you did with your first! Your body is showing allll the signs” soo here we go!

Dream- that looks beautiful! Just take each day at a time ❤️

Ahhhhh TB it’s happening!! I’m so excited to be in this group for a birth :lol:

Nothing much happening here- still taking oestrogen. Got my lining check in Tuesday morning... thankfully the night sweats seem to have stopped...

Thanks guys - NT scan and more bloodwork scheduled for June 14th at 13w0d. Seems like an eternity from now. I'll just try and take it easy until then.

Then my first OB appt is June 16th (virtually)

Hope you’re all okay, girls. Thinking of you Sunny ❤️

My lining looked lovely today so transfer has actually been bought forward and is scheduled for next Wednesday 19th... aaaaaahhhh. My kiddies should be coming out the freezer on Friday so now the next stressful wait is seeing how they do [-o<

Oh this is awesome Steph. How many embryos do you have? Will they transfer more than 1?

Thanks Dream :) We have seven left that were frozen on day 1 (the clinic don’t even freeze on day 1 even more, we’re so old school!). Nope, we’ll just be transferring 1 as there isn’t really any indication for us to be transferring more than that.

Okay cool. I have all the warm and fuzzies for you. Hopefully the next week goes by quickly!

Okay guys, complete rollercoaster ride over here... but baby is FINE!

So recap of events: went to get my blood drawn for NIPT last week (Tuesday) and midwife did a doppler. I was 10w5d. No heartbeat on doppler. Abdominal ultrasound didn't show anything either so she did a transvaginal and after 5 minutes of probing she found like a blob that was supposed to be the baby. It had a heartbeat of 110 (super low) and measured at 7 weeks. That blob didn't resemble the beautiful babe we saw the week prior at all, so she said it must have degraded quite heavily already. That heartbeat of 110 I felt was 100% my own heartbeat. My heart was racing and since she couldn't visualize the heartbeat on the scan (only saw it on t-waves) I'm really thinking it was my own. My own doctor just started her maternity leave, and the only other OBGYN was on call at the hospital. So it was just the midwife.

Anyway, because there was still a "heartbeat"... they wanted to wait a week for it to completely stop beating before proceeding. There wasn't any kind of hesitation; this was a miscarriage.

I got my hCG levels checked that day, and came back on Thursday for my redraw. They were supposed to call me on Friday with the results but didn't (and I actually had to call them on Monday afternoon to remind them that I still hadn't heard anything). I didn't care that much about the results since we all knew where it was headed anyway so I didn't bother calling them sooner.

Today was the confirmation ultrasound with the doctor to confirm that the heartbeat had completely stopped, and to schedule the D&C at the hospital for Thursday. Everyone asked if I started bleeding yet (nope, but on progesterone so that may be why) and after that, it was time to get probed.

Well as soon as the doctor inserted the wand, there was a jumping baby with a strong heartbeat of 171. It even measured a few days ahead (12w2d instead of 11w5d) and was super active and seemed just fine. I cried so hard. Just complete shock and disbelief. Like what the hell?! Seriously!!! How is this even possible.

The doctor got the midwife in the room and she said I must have a really retroverted uterus which led to her not being able to see anything. And maybe the placenta was covering the rest. I have no idea what the hell she measured that looked like that blob, but the doctor assured us that it couldn't have been the baby.

They then retook my bloods and my syphilis/HIV swab as they threw everything away that was done last week, since I was having a miscarriage anyway. That's how certain they were.

Obviously we're beyond happy and relieved... but we just had the most traumatizing week ever, so it's hard to completely shift back to being happy all of a sudden. Just in total shock still, can't believe it!

Here's our sweet little not-so-blob!

original_c2f023b9-9b98-4cbe-b08b-e19ae1cd0ba6_PXL_20210511_174358618_2 (2).jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny I'm crying big ugly tears right now! I'm so effing happy! WTFFFFF!! Howwwww did the midwife mess that up so badly?? Grrrrrr but I guess who cares now, your baby is healthy and so frickin cute! I have no words to explain how happy I am right now. WOW. What an emotional rollercoaster for you and hubs. Lowest of lows to highest of highs. This is amazing.

Looks like a boy to me :cool:

In my not nearly as exciting news - I got a new SneakPeak - gonna do it next Monday.

We told our immediate families over the weekend as their Mother's Day gift. Everyone is super excited. Here's what we gave them.
IMG-20210506-WA0019.jpg

Thank you for your sweet response!! It's absolutely insane. And yeah I kinda have the feeling it's a boy too. It sounds cliche but I really would be happy with either.

Omg cutest announcement onesie :D

Whaaaaaat!!!!!???? Sunny that's amazing news! So sorry you had to go through that roller coaster but how wonderful your baby is ok!!
So very happy for you!!

Dream- cuteeeee announcement onesies!

Excuse my language but

HOLY SHIT!! I just read this with big huge tears in my eyes and one of my students is like “OMG are you ok?!” Lol this is the kind of story that you feel like you only read about but would never happen to you! I’m soo glad that it became such a wonderful outcome!! I can only imagine the shock you are feeling! Did they say you have an anterior placenta? I heard that can sometimes make it difficult to find HB too. Oh you’re going to be extra thrilled to just start feeling baby this time huh? Omg sunny I am so happy for you!!!

steph that is NEXT WEEK! I am so excited for you to be PUPO.. or PASP even better lol yay!

I go in for my 38 week appointment today.. hoping things are progressing because I’m about done guys haha I didn’t feel this way with the first but yeah.. I’m done :haha:

I just mailed in my SneakPeek, Did I say I was gonna wait till Monday? Oops. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->