TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Congrats on being PUPO Steph!!! I bet that's exactly why they don't tell you what the embryo looks like. This one seems like a fighter though. It beat so many odds to get to where it is today. That accounts for something!! I'm keeping everything crossed this little fighter stays tugged in for the next 9 months or so. It's got to!!

Dream, thank you! Yes there definitely seems to be a trend. Seems like all of our guys have great swimmers of a particular chromosome, and not the other lol. Let's see if yours is like that too. You'll let us know as soon as you know, right? :)

Thanks Sunny. I think I expected to feel better after the transfer but I just feel more panicked really! Especially since it seems like there aren’t going to be any to refreeze so literally everything is riding on this.

B84616BD-0E88-410F-8E30-651DFD323ABD.jpeg

That looks like a perfect little blastocycst to me! And yes, there's a lot of pressure on this one and it's hard to take it all just one step at a time. Although that's definitely what we should do right now!

Your homework assignment for the next few days: whenever you start to feel anxious; watch a funny tv-show/movie! There's a study that shows that laughing improves IVF outcomes so there's even a bit of science to it :D

Ahhhh Sunny, I told my husband you’d end up making me feel better! I think it’s because she referred to it as being the stage before blastocyst (can’t even remember the term she used now) and then I started thinking ‘well I’m sure it should be blast by day 5’ but of course voiced none of my concerns at the time. Idiot.

Yesss, I remembered what TB said about watching comedy in Prague so we have a few things lined up hahah

Ahh dream I can’t wait!! It is kind of a trend now in this group lol so since I know you are hoping boy I hope the trend continues!

steph- congrats on being PUPO!! I was about to remind you of the comedies I watched in Prague but you have a great memory haha! Don’t watch anything that makes you tense or wanna cry lol just laughter! :) lots of pressure but it’s ok, this kiddo will just always be keeping you on the edge of your seat! Lol

I'm goin nuts over here. I finally got the "we received your sample" email at 12:38pm this afternoon. Email said I would receive my results email within 4-8 hours. Well it's 8:27pm and I'm still waiting. ](*,)

Ahhh that's just evil!! Come on Sneakpeek, you're keeping a lot of people in suspense here :)

Ahhh man, that is cruel Dream! Hopefully once you wake up the results will be in...!

Speaking of waking up, I am just not sleeping. I feel so on edge and then I panic even more because I know stress isn’t ideal for anything. Cried on the phone to the embryologist yesterday morning when she phoned to tell us that no other embryos had made it. Got a 13 hour shift today which I’m hoping might be a good distraction.

It's so hard Steph! Anyone going through IVF (or infertility for that matter!) is a freaking worrier. All the uncertainties, the waiting, the anxiety... Ugh :( The only way I was able to deal with it all was to have a plan, and then about 20 other backup plans. Just so that I had something to focus on in case Plan A didn't work. I'm just an anxious person though so I always feel like I have to somehow "be in control" of an out of control situation, if that makes sense.

Hoping you'll have plenty of distractions planned for the next few days!!!

Oh Steph, stressing about not stressing. I think we're all guilty of that at some point. Only 4 days till we start testing tho. Like how I said we. We're all in this with you. Hoping work is a good distraction for you.

Well still no results email. I've checked all my folders, Junk, Trash, Spam. Nothing. I sent customer service an email this morning but of course I just get an auto reply saying they will get back to me in 1-2 days and due to COVID maybe longer.

Whatever man, they've taken all the fun out of it. Now i'm just annoyed.

Ughhh that's just frustrating :( Sorry Dream!! I can't imagine it'll be more than a few hours though... but then again, who knows!

Welllll.......

Screenshot_20210520-200153_Gmail.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a 1 of each party over here. Breaking the trend. DH is pretty bummed out. I am too but I think I've been dealing with the disappointment for a while now. I had a strong feeling it was a girl because based off my O prediction we BD like 4 days prior. We weren't really 'trying' this cycle. So when I got the positive I thought oh man it's def gonna be a girl. Cause they say the boy sperm are faster but the girls live longer right? Anyhoo, I told hubby it's okay to be disappointed and he can take as long as he needs to feel that way. He said he won't believe till it's confirmed on ultrasound he wants to hold out hope. I said that's okay too.

Oh dream! Congrats! I know you just said you’re both bummed but from personal experience... little girls are wonderful! I hope you two come to terms with your gender disappointments long before your due date :hugs: but remember a healthy baby is what’s most important!

Dream- Totally understandable to be bummed out. I remember being a little bummed when we found out we were having a second boy. Have you scheduled your anatomy scan?

Steph- hope your shift went well and helped to keep your mind off things. Will be waiting to see your tests!!

Absolutely healthy baby is primary. I'm sure we will get over it soon.

My next scan is booked for June 14th at 13w. Should be less blobby and more baby by then. :cool:

Testing the 24th right Steph? That's Monday (a holiday in Canada) so I'll be refreshing every 10 mins for your pics.

So I officially have been pregnant longer than ever before lol idk what’s going on with this girl! I’m 39+1 lol
I’ll be honest, the last couple of weeks have been hard and I’m just super uncomfortable. I didn’t have this with my first- had an amazing pregnancy the whole time. I guess it’s true that every pregnancy is different. Anyway, my OB asked me if I wanted to schedule an induction and I said yes! As soon as I got the papers for it, I regretted instantly. I don’t want to do that. I was super hormonal yesterday (truly I cried like 7 or 8 times for no real reason) I haven’t been this emotional the entire time but it all came pouring down yesterday! Luckily I feel better today. Hopefully she will come before Tuesday so I don’t have to figure out what to do that day!

Dream, ahhww!! How are you feeling today? Those first few days will be the hardest. So allow yourself to "grieve" a little. If it takes your DH a little longer, that's fine too! When you're ready (and I know that now may not be that time), here's why I think in a few months from now, you'll absolutely love having a girl.

- Soooo many clothes to choose from (and no, they don't all have to be pink!). Any baby department carries like 10 million more girl clothes than boy clothes. And they're seriously beyond cute so just picking up one or two items and imagining a little girl in them will help!

- Your little man will be a big brother to a baby sister! How cool is that! He'll probably be overprotective and such like any big brother would be, but she'll love that about him too. And studies have shown that boys that grow up with a sister treat women (on average) better than those without.

- Your DH will be the center of this girl's world! It's sad but true for us mama's but there really seem to be a bias to many girls preferring their dad over mom. I was like nahhh not going to happen to us, I'm way too cool for that. But nope. My little girl is all about dad and I'm just an afterthought most days lol.

- People probably won't bug you asking when you'll plan to have a third baby to "try for a girl". Something Amber, Tb, and me can probably expect (Tb and me with a boy). No, we don't need to have at least one of each to have a happy family, is probably what we have to end up saying. But as most movies etc. tell the world; you already have that perfect ratio of boys/girls so you probably won't get that question!

- You get to teach her how to become a strong, independent woman! No one better to start that process than her own mama! And I'm sure you'll do an excellent job at that!

- I'm putting this in the + column too... but in a few years, you get to teach her all about her menstrual cycle and such :D With all the stuff we know about TTC-related things, I kinda feel that we need to do something useful with that info. So what better way than to teach our girls all about our hormones, what symptoms they might experience when they ovulate, when to expect their periods... things that some other moms would probably shy away from leaving those poor girls to wonder what's going on with their bodies.

Anyway, girls are awesome. And I know this list may not be what you're looking for right now but I'm sure that the moment you hold her, your heart will melt and you can't even imagine wanting her to be a boy. Know that that time will come. But also allow yourself to just feel sad about not getting another boy right now. That's completely fine and normal too!! And hey, we're always here for you if you want to talk!

Tb; so technically the induction is scheduled for the 25th? That still gives her a few days to make an entrance (or to stop torturing mommy and make you feel less miserable lol). An induction is definitely not the end of the world, but I'm sure that you can always change your mind if you don't feel like you're 100% behind it by the time next week rolls around. I hope you have a very relaxing weekend planned with lots of help from family and friends to get you through those last few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->