TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Best of luck with the tests Rosa :) And hopefully they will put you on the IUI path..

Wow, Rosa, things are moving quick! Fingers crossed for you that the test isn't too uncomfortable and that you get a BFP soon!

Hey Bby... I had a situation like that last year remember? The doc had to prescribe me progesterone for a week so my period would be jumpstarted. However, we both knew that I hadn't ovulated yet that cycle because my BBT had been in the 97's for several weeks. Most post-ovulation temps are above 98. Have you tried taking your temp a few mornings in a row to see where you are in your cycle? It would at least help you know if you are pre-ovulation or post-ovulation. Because the post-ovulation part of your cycle (luteal phase) is very, VERY rarely longer than just a couple weeks.

Yes I actually do remember.... But I bought a Basal Body Thermometer but I heard that you are supposed to start it on the first day of AF. How can I tell where in my cycle I am in if I haven't had an prior BBT results? I am just confused on this whole process. Ugh! I just don't understand why my body has to be all messed up.... :sad2:

Bby, yeah typically you want to start at the beginning of your cycle but for nearly all women, pre-ovulation temps are in the 97's, and luteal phase temps in the 98's (or higher). It might be worth a shot to see what your temp is a few days in a row. You never know :hugs:

Bby, yeah typically you want to start at the beginning of your cycle but for nearly all women, pre-ovulation temps are in the 97's, and luteal phase temps in the 98's (or higher). It might be worth a shot to see what your temp is a few days in a row. You never know :hugs:

Oh okay.... Thank you so much! :hugs: You wouldn't happen to know what it would be for pregnancy would you? Today I have felt absolutely horrible. I have had a headache all day, dizzy/lightheaded, and nauseous. Overall, just feeling like crap. :sad: The weird thing is, is I just feel different. But again thank you so much for all of your help. It means a lot to be able to have someone that is there to help not to judge. :hugs:

not sure about pregnancy, because it was still kind of high after implantation (mid 98's) but a few weeks later it was back down to like 97.2, but I didn't check it every day after I got my bfp. I think it just fluctuates. But a high progesterone level is what causes the temps to be higher, and progesterone is higher after ovulation. Maybe it slacks back off after a few weeks.
Good luck, and if you decide to temp for a few days, let us know how it goes!

Well, I had my hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy yesterday. It SUCKED. So painful. I was not expecting to have the biopsy, and I'm glad I didn't know, because I have heard horror stories, and I would have worried so much. However, as soon as I walked in the room and saw the foot long needles that I assumed were going in me, I immediately started crying. I felt so stupid. It was painful, but quick. I have my hsg on Monday, but the doc said that the Friday test was more painful than the hsg, so that makes me feel better.

I've had an endometrial biopsy before, too. But to me it wasn't as painful as it was like really bad period cramps. Bless your heart though, I still don't want to have to do that ever again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok. So they didn't use the foot-long needles on you?

I've had an endometrial biopsy before, too. But to me it wasn't as painful as it was like really bad period cramps. Bless your heart though, I still don't want to have to do that ever again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok. So they didn't use the foot-long needles on you?

Oh they did. Not sure what specifically they did, but I tried not to look and think about it.

:shudders: Sorry sweetie! Just keep your eye on the prize! How is your DH handling all of this?

Sounds like you're going through it Rosa. I hope it all gets sorted quickly for you, and you don't have too many more nasty tests! Sending you a big hug! Xx

:shudders: Sorry sweetie! Just keep your eye on the prize! How is your DH handling all of this?

Eye on the prize! Dh is wonderful. I feel bad, because I'm always crying and worrying and fretting about this and that, and he's so strong, always says the right things. However, sometimes, I can tell that he runs out of things that are helpful, and feels lost. Then, I feel worse because I suddenly remember how hard this must be for him, too. I can't imagine...he knows how bad I am at tolerating pain, and yet I am the one who has to go through all of these tests, while he can't do anything to help me.

Hsg was today. It was much better than the other test, still sucked, but not as bad. Most of the dye went through the tubes, but some of the dye pooled above the uterus, which it is NOT supposed to do. The doc doesn't know why, so we may have to do a laparoscopy. Awesome.

Rosa- I tried writing a reply the other day but my computer was acting up (or maybe it was this website..) - glad you are through the tough tests.. Sorry the hysteroscopy was so awful, but it's all going to help in the end. Hopefully the doctor will also figure out the reason for the dye pooling in the HSG test.. Is the appt tomorrow for that? good luck :)

Rosa- I tried writing a reply the other day but my computer was acting up (or maybe it was this website..) - glad you are through the tough tests.. Sorry the hysteroscopy was so awful, but it's all going to help in the end. Hopefully the doctor will also figure out the reason for the dye pooling in the HSG test.. Is the appt tomorrow for that? good luck :)

I hope he can figure it out, too. Consultation is tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have some answers and a plan of action. I'll let you know! I feel good that things are being figured out and progress is being made.

How are you feeling?

Let us know how you make out tomorrow!

I am feeling pretty good, no real symptoms but I'm not going to stress about it like I did last time (I have some blood results and an ultrasound that show things are going ok this time so far!)

At first I said I absolutely do not want to tell anyone until we have to (ie til I start showing) but now we are wavering. May tell the parents :)

glad you're feeling good, Susan! Oh and happy early anniversary to you guys if I don't see you before then :)

Thanks - it occurred to me just the other day that we saved a layer of our wedding cake to eat at our one year anniversary. I hope it still tastes ok cuz it was good on the wedding day!

Susan, I'm not sure if I'll be able to NOT call my mom the day I get that positive! Although, I think I'll wait to tell her until 8 weeks or so. However, God forbid anything should happen, I'd need her support, so I guess it doesn't hurt if she knows earlier.

Consultation today. Think good thoughts for me! I hope the doc found something that can be easily fixed and has a game plan. I'd hate for him to be like well huh. Everything is fine, not sure why you're not getting preggo. That would be frustrating. Although, we could move along with an IUI and probalby have luck if that was the case. We'll see.

Susan, where are you in Canada? DH and I are going on a cruise to Canada and New England this summer. Halifax, St. John and then down the US coast. I'm so excited!

Rosa- yeah this seems like a situation where you want them to find something wrong (but fixable) just to explain things.. Good luck today!

We are actually on the opposite end of Canada from where you are going, unfortunately. (Our team is playing in the NHL playoffs against Boston - so the city is going crazy right now)

But that New England cruise is amazing - you'll love it, and love getting away too I'm sure.

I wanted to move to Halifax before - lots of history and a beautiful city.

Does the cruise go to Quebec City too? And Bar Harbor in Maine? Both great places too..

Rosa- yeah this seems like a situation where you want them to find something wrong (but fixable) just to explain things.. Good luck today!
Does the cruise go to Quebec City too? And Bar Harbor in Maine? Both great places too..

No on Quebec City, although some of the cruises we saw did. We chose one that was round trip from NYC to save money on flights. It does go to Bar Harbor. Can't wait!

Doc said that we'll do a laparoscopy to see what's up with my weirdo hsg test. Said he'd like to see us preggo by the end of the summer. DONE! Sign me up! Thinks I might have a little endometriosis, so if so, he'll laser the heck out of it, and proceed with an IUI after that. Things are moving along! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->